Topic: F1 - 2014 Season

Nice to see three youngins take the podium... rooting for Redbull and Kimi as usual. Wouldn't mind seeing Massa in a Williams take a few races. In fairness, wouldn't mind Alonso winning the championship this year either.

Also, fuck Lewis Hamilton (though, I'm kind of warming up to him).

What's the scene presto?

Re: F1 - 2014 Season

F1 is shit Rhouses and this year, as hard as it is to imagine, they've managed to make it even shitter.

Part of the problem

Ricciardo has been excluded due to fuel irregularities.

Dermo wrote:

F1 is shit Rhouses and this year, as hard as it is to imagine, they've managed to make it even shitter.

LOL.  I was expecting it to be better this season, but yesterday was a real stinker.  That Bottas for Williams looks pretty special, but it is only one race.

F1 has been shit since Senna went straight on!!

Filed under Reg

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Nice to see three youngins take the podium... rooting for Redbull and Kimi as usual. Wouldn't mind seeing Massa in a Williams take a few races. In fairness, wouldn't mind Alonso winning the championship this year either.

Also, fuck Lewis Hamilton (though, I'm kind of warming up to him).

So to summarise: you want everyone to win?

Grant wrote:
Dermo wrote:

LOL.  I was expecting it to be better this season, but yesterday was a real stinker.  That Bottas for Williams looks pretty special, but it is only one race.

I only caught a bit of the highlights. What's happened to the noise? New engines? I've heard louder milk floats.

Mr Boring wrote:

What's happened to the noise? New engines? I've heard louder milk floats.

Yeh what's going on there - has the industry been forced to put some attenuators on the exhausts or have they changed the engines or something?

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Fuck knows why, but they've moved from a 2.4 litre V8 to a 1.6 litre V6 turbo.

The race yesterday was absolute shit-house

Wouldn't that mean a reduced BHP and speed?

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

No its actually made them more powerful and far more torque. They were made to do it by the FIA on grounds of fuel conservation.
Look at me pretending i'm interested.

Part of the problem

Surely they can put something on the cars to simulate the old noise? That sound was the best thing about F1.

Yeh without the noise its ruined it even more.

Part of the problem

Trying to reduce emissions then cart 50 massive trucks around the world for each race. Id look at that first.

Yesterday was a farce

yeh joey but the idea of F1 is that the technology filters down to the car industry.

Part of the problem

Eh, I thought Rhouses supported Ferrari?

I know very little about F1 but I know that IN ALL SPORTS you don't change your fucking team, you div.

草泥马

Says Beijing Dave the ultimate fair weather fan.

One minute it was all "I don't really follow Liverpool I support Rugby League" and then once Fergie died it was "Moyes is shit. lolz. Brenda's the new Clough. YNWA!!!!"

So at various times I pay attention to one sport more than another.

Big fucking deal. Many people follow more than one sport.

I don't change my teams though.

草泥马

smallman1 wrote:

Ricciardo has been excluded due to fuel irregularities.

http://i.imgur.com/zyO1poG.jpg

I supported Ferrari when they had Kimi in the team back in 2007. Was a staunch Vettel supporter, when he drove for Torro Rosso and BMW, was really happy to see him own a couple of seasons with Red Bull. Getting a tad bit tired of it though, really don't mind seeing him lose it this season. Hate McLaren with a passion, but I've admired all the management moves for this year... Whitmarsh (much like Moyes) was a complete defeatist, bringing in Boullier is great.

As for Alonso, there's no doubt he's been the best driver on the field (barring aside Vettel's first two championships, which were master strokes both from driver and team); he's a whiney bitch but he deserves that elusive third title. That being said, Kimi on top always... would love to see him sneak in another championship.

It's weird, but I find myself supporting drivers more than I do teams, is that a faux pas beijing dave?

Let's reimagine this as the following...

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

I supported Arsenal when they had Fabregas in the team back in 2007. Was a staunch Sturridge supporter, when he played for Man City and Chelsea, was really happy to see him own a couple of seasons with Liverpool. Getting a tad bit tired of it though, really don't mind seeing him lose it this season. Hate Tottenham with a passion, but I've admired all the management moves for this year... Andre Villas Boas was a complete defeatist, bringing in Sherwood is great.

As for William Gallas, there's no doubt he's been the best defender on the field; he's a whiney bitch but he deserves that elusive third title......blah blah fucking blah

草泥马

lol @ supporting an F1 team/driver. Staunch too, no doubt.
Have you got a scarf and badges Rhouses?

Part of the problem

Actually to be fair, I just want British drivers to win.

That's perfectly normal, in my estimation. Any F1 weirdos who think that's strange can fuck off because I don't really like your 'sport'. Driving isn't sport anyway. Much like golf, which is mostly driving and not a sport either.

草泥马

Have you seen kubica's crash in the Canadian GP?  Watch the last lap of the Brazilian gp in 2008. Watch it and tell me this isn't sport.

I'm all for teams, but it sort of changes with each season. Never rated red bull until they took in vettel. Appreciated ferraris team orders when they won Kimi a championship and McLaren were shitting all over each other with Lewis and alonso. Thought brawn gp made for a great story albeit an absolutely dog shit season with a dog shit champ in button. Lotus were brilliant for bringing in Kimi. I'll always support Kimi and Vettel's teams.

What about Force India?

Or Vijay Singh? Or is he a golfer. Can't remember.

草泥马