Re: F1 - 2014 Season

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Have you seen kubica's crash in the Canadian GP?

I would have absolutely loved to been in that crash instead of Kubica if I had the guarantee of no major injuries.

I think I've been watching F1 for so long I can't not watch it. I was so bored throughout most of the races last year that I wondered why I bothered. Still, I'm hoping the new regulations shake it up for at least a few races before the rest catch up and the status quo ante is resumed.

I thought golf was mainly about walking, with some staring fixedly into the distance, like those men modelling underpants in the Grattan catalogue.

Motor sport: drive very quickly around a rough estimation of a circle. Repeat.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Presto wrote:

I think I've been watching F1 for so long I can't not watch it. I was so bored throughout most of the races last year that I wondered why I bothered. Still, I'm hoping the new regulations shake it up for at least a few races before the rest catch up and the status quo ante is resumed.

It's called the 'Vettel Effect'. Same happened when Schumacher was bossing it. You need a few pile up and maybe a fatality thrown in to liven things up.

And more of this:

Last edited by Henry Rindhoops (Tuesday Mar 2014 01:02:37)

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

You need a few pile up and maybe a fatality thrown in to liven things up.

Don't forget a fire in the pits. I do enjoy those.

It's Vijay Mallya Dave and he's an absolute cunt. Can't take his F1 team seriously, he's got a horrible reputation here in India. Has laid off an entire airlines (kingfisher airlines), hasn't bothered to pay any of his employees either. Don't know how he can play the flamboyant F1 owner when he's such fucking charlatan. Like Hulkenberg though.

@Mr. boring - Fire in the pits are great. But the one with Massa in Singapore was devastating, laid out the win for Lewis in 2008.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

@Mr. boring - Fire in the pits are great. But the one with Massa in Singapore was devastating, laid out the win for Lewis in 2008.

It's not F1 but nonetheless an excellent fire:

lol @ the mechanic in the red overalls.

Surprised Rupert isn't chirping in on this thread. Its exactly the type of place a vacuous wannabe nobody would spend 1000s just to be seen quaffing grape in their cravat and boaters with a whole host of other unbearable pipsqueaks.

Phil, are you long the lost Smalls brother that was given to orphanage? There's an awful lot of bitterness on display.

I'm purely reporting the facts.

Smells like envy to me.

You can take a closer smell if you like?  I see it as my duty to report on all things faux. Rupert heads my crusade with batter tits a close yet greasy second.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

It's called the 'Vettel Effect'. Same happened when Schumacher was bossing it.

It really isn't. It was the complete lack of on-track action all the way down the field. Add to that racing drivers being told they can't go racing as they have to look after the tyres constantly, the ever growing disparity between the top and bottom teams, and the shite Tilke "karting arena" tracks that taken over from the classic racing tracks and it all adds up to me ending up bored for most of it.

Presto wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:

It's called the 'Vettel Effect'. Same happened when Schumacher was bossing it.

It really isn't. It was the complete lack of on-track action all the way down the field. Add to that racing drivers being told they can't go racing as they have to look after the tyres constantly, the ever growing disparity between the top and bottom teams, and the shite Tilke "karting arena" tracks that taken over from the classic racing tracks and it all adds up to me ending up bored for most of it.

It would be far more interesting if the top teams were allowed 4 cars and there was an additional DRS zone on the track.

I used to like all the smaller teams but there really isn't any point in Caterham being there.

I agree Presto, don't understand the logic of these disintegrating pirelli tires.

According to the pundits the fuel restrictions more than the disintegrating tyres will this season demand that drivers take it easy.

anyone understand why they have brought in the fuel restrictions?

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

shaunstrudwick wrote:

To penalise Lewis Hamilton for being a cunt and to give drivers like Button a better chance of winning.

Mr Boring wrote:

It would be far more interesting if the top teams were allowed 4 cars and there was an additional DRS zone on the track.

I'm of the opinion that DRS is a nonsense tbh. Racing isn't about being given a free pass to sail by a driver that hasn't got the ability to defend it. They could at least limit it so that the driver behind has the opportunity to get alongside the other driver and there is a fight in to the next corner. But as it is is just feels horribly false and devoid of an excitement.

shaunstrudwick wrote:

What fuel restrictions?

Part of the problem

Weren't the fuel restrictions part of a 'go green' initiative?

they haven't restricted it they've just given teams less and yes it was because of environmental issues.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

they haven't restricted it they've just given teams less and yes it was because of environmental issues.

How is giving teams less not a 'restriction'?

草泥马

Presto wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

I'm of the opinion that DRS is a nonsense tbh. Racing isn't about being given a free pass to sail by a driver that hasn't got the ability to defend it. They could at least limit it so that the driver behind has the opportunity to get alongside the other driver and there is a fight in to the next corner. But as it is is just feels horribly false and devoid of an excitement.

It works well when two evenly matched cars are together as they keep fighting each other.

Beijing Dave wrote:
Dermo wrote:

How is giving teams less not a 'restriction'?

I dunno its not restricted its just a change of ruling. Restricted to me means not allowed to have something  They are allowed to have it its just less than last year.

Part of the problem