Re: John Digweed - Live in Miami 3xCD/5x12" Vinyl

namistai wrote:

http://noodlytime.com/postimages/vortex-2.png

The only one of those I have ever actually laughed at.

My copy has arrived. I look forward to putting it on one day.

Listened to it over the weekend, Im unimpressed with it so far if Im honest. The first cd is prolly the best of the bunch from what I remember

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Disc 2 sounding absolutely fantastic. I will say again, I rate the Humano track in particular very highly.

Firing it up in an hour. Can't wait. Don't be such a killjoy sneddors.

Yeah, Snedders. Bringing the board down with your negativity, you are.

Disc 1 is dark and brooding... no bang bang slow burner. Good listen, didn't get too many "wtf was that?" moments though.
Disc 2 is different, quirky and not your standard 4/4 dik-chak. Some pretty awesome moments in there.

Disc 3 I think i'll do on the HS80s at home.

listen only CD1 yesterday during John's Mixlr stream....it's an absolute stormer. Waiting patiently my package to arrive for the rest mixes!

What's dik-chak Rhouses?

Will post my review when mine actually arrives.
Bit peeved to note that folks in USA have already received their copies...

mine shipped today...there was a slight delay due to vinyl edition. Hoping to arrive early Monday (Europe).

disco kings -> vibe       is sublime.. that ~15min window in the club alone made my trip to Miami well worth it : )

This set is absolutely blinding! Gutted that this is the only Digweed night I missed at Vagabond in 6 years, but at least we have a record of it!

Just saw JD at Output in Brooklyn this past weekend and it was good enough for it's own "Live in".

Yea I agree. Fantastic mix, darker than Argentina. Cd1 took me by surprise in a good way and 2 & 3 are just in full flow. His time warp mix, set in Dublin recently and this are digweed keeping his standards relentlessly high.

the opening is

http://31.media.tumblr.com/db06a59dce47f2fea04cb5426eabf204/tumblr_mwj4ltw2JA1s00jgoo1_500.jpg

and the mixing with that 2nd part of the intro is huge huge

immense thing  arounds 22sssss ..whats that ?¿

http://37.media.tumblr.com/e7b024bf5f75c39a79cc35295973b8b7/tumblr_mvngy7ne0A1sumk4po1_1280.jpg

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Let's be honest; Gus has sold it right there.

and that Fur Coat - Together is pufffffffff, .. must have been divine there

far bomb if you´re starting to disappear Live with john

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Disc 3 is really interesting. Border line chill out in the first 15 minutes and then it just goes insane. Proper fuck with your head mix, reminds me of 5AM with diggers, where the drugs are sorta wearing off and you're wondering if you need to drop again.

smallman1 wrote:

What's dik-chak Rhouses?

Don't know if it happens with you, but with some sets I just hear that standard high hat kick drums through the entire thing - dik chak dik chak dik chak. Sure there are new sounds coming in and out, but essentially all i can hear is that same standard beat. Don't know how to explain it technically. Kinda happened in Slovenia. And happens alot with your run of the mill techno djs and shitty tech house djs. With Miami, particularly disc 2, there's a lot of variations.

Half way thru the first disc and the baselines are just fantastic. Love it so far.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

What's dik-chak Rhouses?

Don't know if it happens with you, but with some sets I just hear that standard high hat kick drums through the entire thing - dik chak dik chak dik chak. Sure there are new sounds coming in and out, but essentially all i can hear is that same standard beat. Don't know how to explain it technically. Kinda happened in Slovenia. And happens alot with your run of the mill techno djs and shitty tech house djs. With Miami, particularly disc 2, there's a lot of variations.

I believe it's

Homegrove wrote:

That My Bleep track was due to a resurrection IMO. I've had it in my hold basket in Beatport for awhile, I guess I'll wait for the digital release of this to get it. smile

Wondering if that's a little ode to Sasha. Always remember it as a 'sasha' track, think it was on Live in Avalon.

Diggers dropped Jark Prongo - Movin Through Your System as a last track in Bangalore, and that's a tune that distinctly belongs in Sasha's San Fran.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Diggers dropped Jark Prongo - Movin Through Your System as a last track in Bangalore, and that's a tune that distinctly belongs in Sasha's San Fran.

I'm presuming he was actually making a subliminal reference to the dodgy Madras he had the night before.  That shit out there'll certainly move through your system pretty rapid, like.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Jun 2014 04:19:02)

Well right after, when we all crowded him to touch his hair and get his autograph, he was wincing about needing to take a piss really badly.

What a quoting disaster Yant. Rhouses, Digweed played that loads in 2006 too. Even included it on his best of 2006-mix in Transitions.

I'm tired, sue me.