Re: John Digweed - Live in Miami 3xCD/5x12" Vinyl

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Disc 3 is really interesting. Border line chill out in the first 15 minutes and then it just goes insane. Proper fuck with your head mix, reminds me of 5AM with diggers, where the drugs are sorta wearing off and you're wondering if you need to drop again.

There was no need I don't think.. the music and the energy in the room was so good that it just carried me until the end..

150mg @ 1ish and by the time he played sugar daddy around 330 ... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm enjoying the CD. I like the way it builds slowly unlike previous Live In releases where its straight in. Feels a bit more more like a studio mix album.

Last edited by Pricer (Tuesday Jun 2014 02:37:58)

package arrived today....imho one of Digweed's best albums.
http://s12.postimg.org/o58avn6zx/IMAG0010.jpg

Is that blue thing a Bedrock clip-board?

Bought it on digital, but I'm waiting for my new speakers to arrive so I can blast it properly. Browsed through some of the tracks and I couldn't find a bad one. Top package from bedrock as usual. Cannot wait to hear it this weekend!!!

I'm going to put my neck on the line and snap this mo fo up.

simeon79 wrote:

package arrived today....imho one of Digweed's best albums.
http://s12.postimg.org/o58avn6zx/IMAG0010.jpg

Did you order the original Bedrock release on vinyl, or did they send that for free with the Live package?

Grant wrote:

Did you order the original Bedrock release on vinyl, or did they send that for free with the Live package?

certainly not Grant, only Live In:-)

I made mad passionate love to my missus during the first CD. Thanks to John, our marriage has now never been stronger. I'm off my tits on love at the moment. Meanwhile my missus is walking like John Wayne. Think I'll go and write some poetry.

xx

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Not a fan of disc2.

1 & 3 are really good.

Disc 2 told me it isn't particularly fond of you either.

Haha and who could blame it.

Have to agree with Yant on this one: not really a big fan of the 2nd disk. Part of the problem is that it gets a bit too funky, if you know what I mean. I was jiving away in my living room to this disk. A twisting and a grooving. A shaking and a moving. And I did my back in causing me to now walk like I've shat myself multiple times. And it looks like I'm trying to prevent it from leaking out of my lower 'Carrot' chinos that I bought from Top Man, onto my lovely laminate flooring.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

I have to admit, after a couple more listens to disc 2, I'm going to have to agree with Yant and Henry. Starts off great - sinister grooves, but then it goes into this frankie knuckles type vibe (i'm assuming this works well in miami) half way through and there's a bit of a disconnect.

Really enjoying disc one.

Re; disc 2. Starts off nicely, I mean who doesn't like Before The Sunshine. But tracks like Get Up (which I think is the weakest track on all three discs) sums up what for me is a plodding mood for the disc.

Don't get me wrong, the collection of three discs is yet another superbly good value package. It's just number 2, for me, doesn't do it.

Disc 1 is great.
Disc 2 starts great then loses me a bit.
Disc 3... I don't really get the hype. Maybe I'm not old enough to know the classics but for a finale its a bit of a whimper.

Yup, was really wrong about Disc 1. It's fantastic. Proper mood music.

Such a great set!! Love mixes of John Digweed!