Re: Millsy's Spring Smorgasbord mix

jules72 wrote:

Millsy this really is a top mix... More please!

Part 2 by end of Spring.... probably.

Oh go on then .....I'll jump on the bandwagon

Finally gave this mix a whirl on Monday. Loved it

More of the same (similar!) please - particularly as you got Marcus Marr on it

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Reet enjoyed this.

Tremenballs work Signor Millsy.

Was awaiting the Smallman verdict with bated breath. Massive relief it's a hit. If you could pass it on to Smallman Snr and see if he wants to come out of retirement to manage me, that would be great.

Happy to pull together a Prezi or Powerpoint and we can Webex him in Turks and Caicos or whatever tax haven he chooses. If you can grease the wheels by letting him know it's had 11 likes on soundcloud that would be great mate.

toodles.

The 11 likes is a great start Millsy.

A fan base and momentum is all Smallman Snr needs.

Will forward on chief.

smallman1 wrote:

The 11 likes is a great start Millsy.

A fan base and momentum is all Smallman Snr needs.

Will forward on chief.

This could be the relaunch of First Avenue Records, Ed! GTFI!

Millsy -

What's the name of the track around the 1hr 29minute mark, got a slacker-esque baseline and is superb?

Smallman Snr wants to talk turkey btw.

You're about to go global!

smallman1 wrote:

Millsy -

What's the name of the track around the 1hr 29minute mark, got a slacker-esque baseline and is superb?

The one with the male vocal and then goes into a breakdown and acid line? It's Attention Seeker by Iron Galaxy. Absolutely fantastic tune. The one after that is a freebie off Soundcloud, not yet signed or anything as far as I know. Just called BYE. I'll post a link when I get a chance.

Good to hear Oliver is on the case. Happy to draw up draft contract deets by close of play.

millsy23 wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Millsy -

The one with the male vocal and then goes into a breakdown and acid line? It's Attention Seeker by Iron Galaxy. Absolutely fantastic tune. The one after that is a freebie off Soundcloud, not yet signed or anything as far as I know. Just called BYE. I'll post a link when I get a chance.

Good to hear Oliver is on the case. Happy to draw up draft contract deets by close of play.

Think it's the BYE one, amazing track.

It's Smallman Snr's birthday today as it happens.

Signing this off will be a wonderful way to end his 61st.

do you think hes still hoping it gets signed after putting it up as a freebie millsy?

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

do you think hes still hoping it gets signed after putting it up as a freebie millsy?

Yeah probably derms. Not sure how this music thing works tbh. Best of luck to him

I think he may have committed tunage harikari. Bit like our boi Geoff Ladek.

Part of the problem

Can you link me up with that track Millsy?

Cheers.

smallman1 wrote:

Cheers.

Checkun zie PMs

yes please Stuart

really enjoyed the mix btw

millsy23 wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Cheers.

Checkun zie PMs

Merci beaucoup!

Great mix. Couldn't be fucked working it out from the tracklist - what's the tune playing around 1h 36m? Fairly bouncy & gay number; I like it.

Finally got round to this during the week. Liked it so much I finished it and went straight back to start and played it again.   Best you've done thus far imo Mills (and the others were quality so that's saying summat)
will get onto part 2 next week.

sabotini wrote:

Great mix. Couldn't be fucked working it out from the tracklist - what's the tune playing around 1h 36m? Fairly bouncy & gay number; I like it.

Think you mean the BYE track? Male vocal? It's a soundcloud freebie. Glad you liked the mix mate.

Hodgy wrote:

Finally got round to this during the week. Liked it so much I finished it and went straight back to start and played it again.   Best you've done thus far imo Mills (and the others were quality so that's saying summat)
will get onto part 2 next week.

Nice one Hodge. Thanks for the kind words and hope you enjoy part 2.

Last edited by millsy23 (Saturday May 2014 14:44:15)

The use of that cliff martinez melody from the drive soundtrack in the first tune is immense.  Really enjoyed the pacing and build on this mix, right up my street.

Yea I think it is that BYE track. However typing BYE into Soundcloud strangely enough didn't produce a great result and felt a bit Strudders. Any more clues? Or just send me the bloody thing. Thanks!

This was and is an absolutely smashing mix and it will be on my iPod for a long time to come.  First class programming/flow have played it loads.