Re: "Glasto"

I would happily be Glenns's wing (wang) man at Glasto, in fact i'm gurning just thinking about it

I would fully expect to wake up on the Sunday in a kibbutz in Israel, to be greeted by the sight of ETC harvesting the latest crop while regailing the simple townsfolk of stories of the square mile in his 90's heyday

I was very, verry drunk............

Filed under Reg

Re: "Glasto"

Scouring the Glasto fields for an outlet of Prezzo's or Bella Italia. Just like Mick Jagger.

Re: "Glasto"

BedRob wrote:

I would happily be Glenns's wing (wang) man at Glasto, in fact i'm gurning just thinking about it

I would fully expect to wake up on the Sunday in a kibbutz in Israel, to be greeted by the sight of ETC harvesting the latest crop while regailing the simple townsfolk of stories of the square mile in his 90's heyday

I was very, verry drunk............


cheers joey/ rob.

i would like to be that bloke in platoon in his bunker on a throne of sandbags with joey bringing me fresh meat from up top side to regale tales of sorrow to, before they beat me up and take my stash, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZTsYYHCYGY


perhaps throwing my arms in the air(sgnt elias style) before dramatically falling to the ground while a chinook roars symbolically overhead  before the gook scoucers close in and take my trainers.....(fade to credits, over a score of greece 2000 'three drives on a viynl'........)


ETC'BORN OF TWO FATHERS , ELIAS AND BARNES)

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Friday Jun 2014 04:19:46)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: "Glasto"

Big Fella wrote:

I always suffered from the 'might be better in the other tent' syndrome whenever i went to a festival.

When we forgot about the ticket sale again I was so upset I cut the string on the wife's poy balls. Hoping we don't win tickets or I will be doing me best Dalton Grant impression.

Makes me lol how people diss Glasto every year like they are so much better than all that. If you are there with loads of mates you would have to be a proper Mather not to have a good time.  I went with the missus and we had a good time. Drink, drugs and no shortage of entertainment, it is like going to an all you can eat buffet of debauchery. The dance line up is really good, even I would crack a smile at the good times on offer.

Too many cool cats around here, none of you are too cool for shoes, none.

Jack is back baby.....

Re: "Glasto"

millsy23 wrote:

Scouring the Glasto fields for an outlet of Prezzo's or Bella Italia. Just like Mick Jagger.

People who eat at Glastonbury aren't the sort of person I would want in the trenches with me.

Jack is back baby.....

Re: "Glasto"

millsy23 wrote:

Scouring the Glasto fields for an outlet of Prezzo's or Bella Italia. Just like Mick Jagger.

People who eat at Glastonbury aren't the sort of person I would want in the trenches with me.

Jack is back baby.....

Re: "Glasto"

People who eat at Glastonbury aren't the sort of person I would want in the trenches with me.

Re: "Glasto"

Laughing Jack wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

I always suffered from the 'might be better in the other tent' syndrome whenever i went to a festival.

When we forgot about the ticket sale again I was so upset I cut the string on the wife's poy balls. Hoping we don't win tickets or I will be doing me best Dalton Grant impression.

Makes me lol how people diss Glasto every year like they are so much better than all that. If you are there with loads of mates you would have to be a proper Mather not to have a good time.  I went with the missus and we had a good time. Drink, drugs and no shortage of entertainment, it is like going to an all you can eat buffet of debauchery. The dance line up is really good, even I would crack a smile at the good times on offer.

Too many cool cats around here, none of you are too cool for shoes, none.

Too cool for school,I think you'll find is the correct phrase,Mr Jack.

Re: "Glasto"

benson wrote:

It'll be enough until thursday.

Yeah, starting to think I may have underestimated here.


Amps wrote:

Thursday night is going to be a kerwalitee start to proceedings.

I'm also starting to think that if he plays like that Avalon set I'll be a bit pissed off. Anything less than banging and he's getting a cider bottle full off piss thrown at him. No excuses for not blasting it in the sun and throwing in a bit of Scorchio imo.

Re: "Glasto"

So who on here is going then?

Re: "Glasto"

Guilty. Hope to catch some of the main faces off here there.

Re: "Glasto"

Well if it makes anyone feel any better anyone there is probably freezing cold and soaked through.

Re: "Glasto"

A friend texted to say Sasha was average last night.

Re: "Glasto"

Was it Diggers?

Re: "Glasto"

smallman1 wrote:

A friend texted to say Sasha was average last night.

A DJ playing an average set at a festival? Fuck me, hold the lines, we've got a story brewing here.

Re: "Glasto"

smallman1 wrote:

A friend texted to say Sasha was average last night.

Is he ever anything else? What constitutes a good Sasha set these days anyway?

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Re: "Glasto"

That loft gig a little while back was nothing short of brilliant tbf. He got to play 8 hours, build a set up how he wanted, have a crowd that were there purely for him. He revels in that sort of thing (as most DJs do tbh) compared to when he has to do a by-the-numbers set to some crowd in the US where most of them don't have the foggiest idea of who he is.

Probably the best I've seen him since that car park gig in 2005 (??). Everything else since has been okay... but not anything I'd go back for.

Re: "Glasto"

as far back as 2009 when Sasha played with Digweed at Victoria Gardens in Leeds were his sets credible and worth a listen back... The loft was a fine example at Sasha at his best, even though I missed the first 2 hours, especially with that bouncy dance floor at the front, everything  since has been woeful or hit and miss at best... I missed the involv3r release at ministrty even though I tickets,  but went to the Leeds event and it wasn't anything to special to be honest...

Playing at festival you can guarantee its going to be nothing special and will always disappoint I think... the US gigs tend to be worse as he tends to play uninteresting and directless  for an ignorant crowd at best, so I can imagine glasto wasn't anythign special especially with the corporate clowns attending

Fibonacci sequence, yes I can count

Re: "Glasto"

That Loft gig was terrific

Re: "Glasto"

Decent venue too, even if it was in the arse end of nowhere.

SimonR

Re: "Glasto"

Sure was, even the taxi driver didn't have  clue where it was...looked like the front of someones house...

Fibonacci sequence, yes I can count

Re: "Glasto"

Poor form to dismiss his 2010 Glasto set in my opinion - I happen to know a lot of work went into that behind the scenes and the result was terrific. Moving up to date, I also think the last two hours of Avalon aren't too bad at all, some cracking tunes in there.

Re: "Glasto"

Would have to agree that 2010 set was great. I thought i would tune into the essential mix last night as it was Glasto and they might play a bit of Sashas set and they were playing a fucking speed garage track from 1998, what the fuck is going on?

Re: "Glasto"

Lana Del Ray looked inviting ... highlights on in between extra time and the second QF.

SimonR

Re: "Glasto"

or last 16 ... ran out of fingers.

SimonR