Re: "Glasto"

Similar tale here... Weds was reasonably civilised as the troops assembled and then Thursday was just stupid from the word go. Sasha was rammed so we fucked off trying to get in amongst it and stopped opposite, demonstrating to several 20 something nurses correct scrumaging technique. I shit you not, they loved it, and two of them got a good shove on. On Friday I decided to go in for some of the most aggressive food poisoning I could find... Imagine spending all night in a tiny metal long drop, off you clopper, with only a head torch to find your arse from your elbow, the bog of eternal stench burning your eyes out... the rest was very much a rolling hair of the dog affair.

Arcade Fire, not my thing, but did a good job, Metallica, clearly boss, Kasabian where decent too, although they have Leicester answer to Danny Dyer for a front man, think the musical highlight though was Robert Plant, as I'm bang into his stuff at the mo. Non musical highlight was a packet of Imodium. too much other stuff to mention as per.

Would have liked to have seen Robert Plant. Lana Del Ray was supposed to be good too judging by all the FB posts I keep reading.

Watched a bit more of Metallica. Clearly superb musicians but still not convinced the right place for them at Glastonbury.....plus still an almighty racket. Put it this way, would Donnington invite The Mumfords along.....though I'd love to see a load of meatless smash their banjos and penny whistles over their mugs!

Glastonbury, though vastly different now to what it was, still has hippy roots and I just think metal doesn't sit too kindly with that vibe IMO.

Huge fan of Robert Plant and Led Zep of course. Had the pleasure of seeing him do a rehearsal gig for his upcoming tour in about 99 in a room with about 50 people in it at The Oakley Centre in Crewe ! Was one of the highlights of my insignificant existence.
Even got my Led Zep III cd signed, smile

Part of the problem

MarcusR wrote:

Watched a bit more of Metallica. Clearly superb musicians but still not convinced the right place for them at Glastonbury.....plus still an almighty racket. Put it this way, would Donnington invite The Mumfords along.....though I'd love to see a load of meatless smash their banjos and penny whistles over their mugs!

Glastonbury, though vastly different now to what it was, still has hippy roots and I just think metal doesn't sit too kindly with that vibe IMO.

Different remit for Download than Glasto, certainly over the past 10 years or so. Lots of space at Glasto for everything.

MarcusR wrote:

Lana Del Ray was supposed to be good too judging by all the FB posts I keep reading..

Fucking terrible. Boring music by the least charismatic individual to ever walk the planet.

Did anyone find my tent, i lost it there in 99 i think.... It was green if that helps

Filed under Reg

Amps wrote:
MarcusR wrote:

Lana Del Ray was supposed to be good too judging by all the FB posts I keep reading..

Fucking terrible. Boring music by the least charismatic individual to ever walk the planet.

Did you go in the Glad bit Amps? The spaceport bit.

When Hot Since 82 played The end it was just what i needed at that point. Lagging. May day may day.

Republik of Saddleworth

Did any of you cunts actually enjoy it?

Part of the problem

apart from the arse net there's been nothing in here that convinces me you've all had a better time than I have. I put up three gazebos ffs.

Dermo wrote:

Did any of you cunts actually enjoy it?

I rather enjoyed Robert Plants set....and attire. Very Woodstock

Amps wrote:
MarcusR wrote:

Totally totally this. Charisma vacuum and a dreadful voice. The sheep would wank themselves into a frenzy if she stood there and just stared into the distance, which isn't far off what she did anyway. In contrast, Alison Goldfrapp owned the stage and looked absolutely like she needs to be ravished aggressively over the back of an antique Chesterfield. Yummy.

Last edited by Ben Wand (Tuesday Jul 2014 05:35:22)

You should all be thankful Big Stevie Wonder wasn't there having an absolute reg.

Ben Wand wrote:
Amps wrote:
MarcusR wrote:

Totally totally this. Charisma vacuum and a dreadful voice. The sheep would wank themselves into a frenzy if she stood there and just stared into the distance, which isn't far off what she did anyway. In contrast, Alison Goldfrapp owned the stage and looked absolutely like she needs to be ravished aggressively over the back of an antique Chesterfield. Yummy.

Ravished aggressively, lol, i say old chap, toot toot, she really is bang on, a real fillie. Phwooooar  *rubs knees*

Filed under Reg

BedRob wrote:
Ben Wand wrote:
Amps wrote:

Ravished aggressively, lol, i say old chap, toot toot, she really is bang on, a real fillie. Phwooooar  *rubs knees*

Hasn't she gone all lesbo recently?

Inevitable comment time. Sasha played the best i've heard in him a while, missed a chunk of his set finding my friend who was over from OZ, but was still in the Glade hearing it all - super rammed that night. Headed Circoloco after that, where previous fun and then Tale of Us made Hawtin look dire. Really dull. Tiga played a total blinder Sunday night as well in the Beat hotel (third time we went to see him). Quintessential acid and a great way to end it.

The rain made getting around a bit of a struggle some days, and really flagged in the mornings this year, usually up and at it even after a standard Shangri-La night of carnage, but spent less time there anyway (possibly why haha wink Although we did get to see Bez totally off his tits giving it some Friday night in his tent, and Noel Gallagher - however that one works!

Missed a few things I wanted to see, (left Jon Hopkins earlier than we should've really, he was mint) tried a few other acts for a change and still had a great fun as ever. Swerved Kasabian as saw them in Leicester so caught Massive Arttack. They were outstanding.

I'm burnt to shit, had to work today, and now got the Libertines this weekend and Benicassim in a fortnight. Stead few weeks ahead.