Topic: Sonos

Anyone got one?

Part of the problem

Re: Sonos

Great bit of kit, that. Well built hardware and elegant software. You pay a premium for their products, but you'll be happy with them for years.

yeh im just trying to work out if I need to go Rolls Royce or BMW with them though. Couple of the little ones or one of the big ones.
Need to hear them really.

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Jun 2014 16:45:44)

Part of the problem

Funnily enough the missus bought me a bridge and play 1 for Father's Day even though we have a few Squeezeboxs.

Just got round to setting them up yesterday, much more intuitive than the Logitech product and decent interface with the iPad, Spotify and podcasts are set up better also. To be fair though our Squeezbox are years old now.

It sounds decent enough, for our kitchen. Obviously not a serious contender for our music room or theatre though.

...Play 5 sound is fucking amazing, blew me away

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

Isn't that 350 notes for a standalone speaker, then you need a bridge.

Starts taking you into serious hifi equipment money for basically a single wifi speaker, I suppose you can add to your home music system which is a good idea.

Dont think you need a bridge for the play5 do you?

My problem is we've got an open plan kitchen/living room its the aussie way. Im not sure if I want to put a play1 in the kitchen which it would be fine for i think, but then id like to be able to hear it now and again in the living room part. That's where i think why dont i just go for the biggest. The play3 might even do the job.
Ive heard two play1's as a channel each rivals the play5. Ive only read that though.

Part of the problem

I assumed you connect the bridge to your router then all the Play 1, 3 or 5 wirelessly connect to the bridge, otherwise you would have to connect each speaker to your router directly or home plug wise.

Think it is a good system to dip your toe into then poss add more, although I am naturally suspicious if the missus buys anything.

ive read nothing but glowing reviews. What hifi absolutely wank themselves over the 1,3 and 5. I need to see how good the bass is on the 2 x 1s before i buy them. If not ill go for one 3 or 5

Part of the problem

Unbroken1 wrote:

I have heard its unreal.

Part of the problem

And she bought them in White, oh yeh white is trendier.

And she bought without my consultation totally impeding on my audio and visual technology domain.

Yeh thats unacceptable. I do quite like the white though too!

Part of the problem

this is all very well, but when does my teac tape deck come into play??

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Would be interesting to road test them properly using this Qobuz flac streaming service.

Big Fella wrote:

Would be interesting to road test them properly using this Qobuz flac streaming service.

aiming to use the 'honk kong worm' and 'ramfuckker 2000'  Interface on jo's sister tonight.

ETC'AINT NO SKOOL LIKE THE OLD SKOOL'

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Saturday Jun 2014 03:42:37)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Thou art the headmaster?

I think for us lot who like stuff with a bit of bass the Play 5 has to be the one.
The play 3 has become pretty redundant now the Play 1 has arrived, but I would still take a 5 over a pair of 1's.

Plus, only realised tonight you can add Soundcloud to Sonos through a hack, like it even more now.

My B&W A7 is fantastic.

And twice the price of a play5. Twice as good?

Part of the problem

You get what you pay for Derm.

Hope that helps.

Grant wrote:

My B&W A7 is fantastic.

Did you buy in the states for £500 or in the uk for £700?

Just waiting for somebody to mention Bose. Lol.

Dermo wrote:

And twice the price of a play5. Twice as good?

It doesn't work like that, does it?  It's sounds better and that's worth paying the extra money for. Looks better too.

Big Fella wrote:
Grant wrote:

My B&W A7 is fantastic.

Did you buy in the states for £500 or in the uk for £700?

Just waiting for somebody to mention Bose. Lol.

Got it in the UK, my next one will be bought in the US

Well in Gizze that Soundcloud hack works a treat.

Why won't Soundcloud work on Sonos? That's ridiculous.