Re: Stevie Wonder

Hope he plays a jazz chord.

Re: Stevie Wonder

I bet he gives you a knowing wink when he smells you're there Edward.

Re: Stevie Wonder

Smallman Snr pulled some strings and got Stevie to play at Ed's eighth birthday. Frank Bruno was there too.

Re: Stevie Wonder

Phil Opian wrote:

I bet he gives you a knowing wink when he smells you're there Edward.

I'll be all Issey Miyake'd up Phil.

Aftershave of champions that.

Re: Stevie Wonder

Mr Boring wrote:

Smallman Snr pulled some strings and got Stevie to play at Ed's eighth birthday. Frank Bruno was there too.

Big hitters only.

Literally.

Re: Stevie Wonder

Stevie veered from the horribly self indulgent to the mesmerisingly brilliant last night.

Re: Stevie Wonder

...how so? I'd say he's one of the few out there entitled to a bit of self-indulgence

Only wish he wouldn't insist on always introducing a 'guest', which he seems to like to do at every gig these days (and 'I Just Called..' can fuck off obv.)

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Stevie Wonder

Playing 14 minute versions of songs I'd never heard of, really noodled on.

Re: Stevie Wonder

smallman1 wrote:

Playing 14 minute versions of songs I'd never heard of, really noodled on.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stevie-wo … 19b26.html

It appears he played a set packed with hits.

Were you even there or do you just not know many Stevie Wonder tracks, you plum?

草泥马

Re: Stevie Wonder

I don't know 5 or 6 of those tracks Dave.

The hits sounded great tbf.

Re: Stevie Wonder

smallman1 wrote:

songs I'd never heard of

..lol

That's what happens when you've only heard The Definitive Collection, he's released 40-odd albums FFS

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Stevie Wonder

Reg calling Edward, come in Edward.

Re: Stevie Wonder

I'm having a reg because I didn't recognise 5 of the songs in the set list?

Behave!

Re: Stevie Wonder

...crying out for a mock-up cover with the words 'Songs I've Never Heard of' in place of 'Songs in the Key of Life' framing a dreadlocked Ed

Except I can't be arsed.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Stevie Wonder

Which five?

Re: Stevie Wonder

No Boogie On Reggae Woman? Travesty.

Re: Stevie Wonder

Stevie got one chance to impress me.

And he blew it.

Doesn't get anywhere close to my top 10 gigs of all time.

Massively underwhelming.

Re: Stevie Wonder

smallman1 wrote:

I'm having a reg because I didn't recognise 5 of the songs in the set list?

Behave!

...out of that lot?

MASSIVE
http://blog.tvguide.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/reghollis.jpg

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Stevie Wonder

Unbroken1 wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

I'm having a reg because I didn't recognise 5 of the songs in the set list?

Behave!

...out of that lot?

MASSIVE
http://blog.tvguide.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/reghollis.jpg


hahahaha, now thats a REG

Find me on mumsnet.............#theporkswordsman

Re: Stevie Wonder

smallman1 wrote:

Stevie got one chance to impress me.

And he blew it.

Doesn't get anywhere close to my top 10 gigs of all time.

Massively underwhelming.

Stevie had a reg? Good job he doesn't read this forum.

Re: Stevie Wonder

He's definitely not blind.

All part of the act.

Re: Stevie Wonder

smallman1 wrote:

He's definitely not blind.

All part of the act.

How much were the tickets ??

Find me on mumsnet.............#theporkswordsman

Re: Stevie Wonder

BedRob wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

He's definitely not blind.

All part of the act.

How much were the tickets ??

FOC chief.

I was seeing Paloma Faiths PA (KLANG) last Christmas and she organised them.

Re: Stevie Wonder

smallman1 wrote:
BedRob wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

He's definitely not blind.

All part of the act.

How much were the tickets ??

FOC chief.

I was seeing Paloma Faiths PA (KLANG) last Christmas and she organised them.

Of course, how silly of me

Is there any chance you could start getting your mitts into Justin Beiber's PA's knickers, i have a dirty bomb that needs getting rid

Find me on mumsnet.............#theporkswordsman

Re: Stevie Wonder

Paloma Faith is with Insanity Artists.

So her PA is probably Kirsty Williams, Sophie Painter or Naomi Scarlett.

Which one of those is handing out freebies to Stevie Wonder concerts?

草泥马