Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

I used to like Kasabian however their new album doesnt do much for me, wouldnt describe them as boring and turgid though

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

I wouldn't either mate but there are those who think they are so it's absolutely possible.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Not boring, turgid, overrated or pretentious =


Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Hopefully Beijing will confirm.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

You'd have to be mental to consider the Pixies boring.

草泥马

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Kasabian are electric live.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Stereophonics have one or two good numbers, overall though, boring...

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Big Fella wrote:

Not boring, turgid, overrated or pretentious =






pixies are legend.

i'll stake my reputation and my word on it.

been listening to this and 'cactus' a lot lately

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Friday Jun 2014 07:28:05)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

liquitech1 wrote:

Stereophonics have one or two good numbers, overall though, boring...

Would have to agree, never got their appeal

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

gomez.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

monostereo wrote:

I'll just leave this here

http://f1destinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/kaiser-chiefs.jpg

[x] fat, punchable faces
[x] from Leeds
[x] ex teachers

WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE CUNTS?

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

smallman1 wrote:

Kasabian are electric live.

They aren't Ed, they are fucking shit in every single thing they do.  It's Oasis for thick people.  And that's saying something.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Beijing Dave wrote:

Good call on Ash.

Ash don't pretend to be anything other than a shit-ish pop band, they don't have any illusions of grandeur

Interpol are fucking awful Liquitech1

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

I've got a blazer similar to the one Ricky's rocking in that photo.

That, an open neck shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of Converse and I am good to go.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

smallman1 wrote:

I've got a blazer similar to the one Ricky's rocking in that photo.

That, an open neck shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of Converse and I am good to go.

Probably a good job you live in London, Ed.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Grant wrote:

Interpol are fucking awful Liquitech1

Seen them live 4 times and they've been top notch....brilliant writing, great musicians, top vocalist, what's awful about that?

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

liquitech1 wrote:
Grant wrote:

Interpol are fucking awful Liquitech1

Seen them live 4 times and they've been top notch....brilliant writing, great musicians, top vocalist, what's awful about that?

Your opinion?

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Thanks Jools, next time I buy a new album I'll be sure to run it by you to make sure it cuts the mustard...

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Grant wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

I've got a blazer similar to the one Ricky's rocking in that photo.

That, an open neck shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of Converse and I am good to go.

Probably a good job you live in London, Ed.

I go down like an absolute treat oop north Grant.

It's the bants, cheeky demeanour and chocolate box good looks.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

This is simply Dave's monthly thread to show the world his devotion to the 'Romance.

Bless.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Oasis

Ryan Gibson - Bushido Deep Podcast
iTunes / SoundCloud / Mixcloud / Facebook / Twitter

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Kasabian are fucking dreadful.

I'll add Reef to the list. Had the misfortune of seeing them several times at Reading in the early 2000s. Hours I'll never get back.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

sabotini wrote:

Kasabian are fucking dreadful.

I'll add Reef to the list. Had the misfortune of seeing them several times at Reading in the early 2000s. Hours I'll never get back.

fortunatley , 3 beat records sold me a house version of 'raise your hands ' by reef that i didnt ask for.

and for that reason, im out.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

Very much dismayed with the good folk of the Bedrock Messageboard that no-one has mentioned Radiohead yet.

Re: Most Boring, Turgid, Overrated and Pretentious Rock Acts

stylustrouble wrote:

Very much dismayed with the good folk of the Bedrock Messageboard that no-one has mentioned Radiohead yet.

but i like to sing 'fake plastic trees' down my local on karoke night when' as one 'with the kibble
.

everyone loves it .

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."