Topic: Time to say your goodbyes

I think it might be time to wrap things up on this board.

i am sure you guys will be able stay in touch somewhere for your banter, but my overall feeling is that there is too much negativity on here and new members are scared off after a few posts.

Thanks

John

Re: Time to say your goodbyes

Or you could always just employ a moderator capable of doing his job properly.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Ah man -that's a shame. Banter aside it's a great board especially for the musical side of things. It was good while it lasted.

Shame indeed. Where to next then?

Pretty tame around here Diggers relative to some forums out there...shame

Oh dear. What a shame. Been a member here since day 1.

Let me know where you guys plan to head to next. Always enjoy the banter. Shame a few had to spoil things for the rest of us.

This board has not only been great for the banter but great for keeping up to date with what's happening in the music genre that I most enjoy. If it wasn't for this board I would've given up on this type of music a while ago now. Really seems a shame to close it.

If we don't speak again, I wish all of you the very best. It's been a pleasure. Most of the time.

Last edited by Yant (Tuesday Jul 2014 13:13:14)

Would have to agree, seems a shame to kill a good forum just because of one or two idiots

John any way we can reverse your decision...

MattBlack wrote:

Would have to agree, seems a shame to kill a good forum just because of one or two idiots

this...

Yant wrote:

This board has not only been great for the banter but great for keeping up to date with what's happening in the music genre that I most enjoy. If it wasn't for this board I would've given up on this type of music a while ago now.

Yup. Have to agree with that.

It hurts even more to know that Uncle John doesn't love us. sad

Yant wrote:

This board has not only been great for the banter but great for keeping up to date with what's happening in the music genre that I most enjoy. If it wasn't for this board I would've given up on this type of music a while ago now. Really seems a shame to close it.

If we don't speak again, I wish all of you the very best. It's been a pleasure. Most of the time.

Yeah mate. Would agree with all of that. Work is gonna be a bitch. Lol.

John. Please don't close this board down. What am I going to do with my evenings now? I might be forced to talk to my missus. roll

All the new members are Flares or Greeno anyhow.

In all seriousness there are some great mixes and decent threads on here about music, shame really.

John, dont do it. I rarely get out much these days.

Prog God

I have to add. If I'm honest, this is probably the kick up the arse that the board needed (and has never really had). If there is the possibility to keep the board open John, I think the core members of the board will realise what a good forum this is and how it's taken for granted sometimes.

It would be a real shame to close it.

Come on John dont be like this

A few set of rules to deter the daft stuff and somebody moderating fairly.

Sounds like the death call...shame as even though I was junior member, loved to see the banter and a great wealth of musical knowledge and experience to be lost into the depths the interweb 2.0

Fibonacci sequence, yes I can count

Ban Dermo and all is good, surely?

what a pity. I am one of those new members and I'm certainly not scared off by the older ones. To be fair  I only read the "musical" threads which I enjoy a lot. It's a great way to get to know new tracks and mixes. Maybe limit the forum to posts about music and delete all the other ones?

I'm a new member, have been reading the board for years and decided to join in the banter. Yes, it goes over the top, is a bit clicky at times but so much good information and decent people on here, would be a shame for that to go to waste because of one or two idiots.
Some on the mixes posted on the mixes section are amazing, music that needs to be out there and heard - isn't that what it's all about really ?!

Newbie but was at The Old Barn for Babealicious, so good Prog credentials.........

Where should I find good new music now if this place is about to get the death penalty? what a pity.:(

I hope you have a change of heart, there's a lot of history here & it'd be shame for it to go, some of us put some effort in on wasting their time on here over the past 14+ years over the two message boards :'(