Re: Time to say your goodbyes

djdiggers wrote:

i am sure you guys will be able stay in touch somewhere for your banter

If you don't have a change of heart, I might as well take the opportunity one last time, how will you be keeping in touch for shifting the t-shirts if this board closes down?

Yeah man, close it down...smash the system! Peace and love should prevail...it's all about the music, maaaaaan!

Queef Richards wrote:

Yeah man, close it down...smash the system! Peace and love should prevail...it's all about the music, maaaaaan!

Most aptly named alias yet...

really hope this board doesn't close - been here since the beginning

but all this alias shit does my head in at times

still a great board for music tho

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Or you could always just employ a moderator capable of doing his job properly.

Not to throw Hannu under the bus. But the ban hammer was not implemented enough around here imo.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Sad times.

Bar the few idiots that take things too far and the recent explosion of aliases gobbing off, this is a great forum.  Shame its gotta end but I can't say im surprised John's decided to call it a day on here.

Will miss the banter amd the encylopedic knowledge and talents of some of you chaps. Will hang on to the  bitter end in the hope John changes his mind tho.........

Much as I like messageboards,they are very much a relic of the past now,surprised this one lasted as long as it did considering some of the bitter old fuckers who seem to forget that they don't own this board.

I did hear rumblings of this a couple of months ago. Shame, but understand.

I do find it annoying when clicking on a link to a topic with an interesting thread title, only to find that within the first page the usual suspects are throwing insults at each other. I think they all know who they are. Perhaps a thread dedicated to throwing insults at each other should have been created about 2 years ago (a la 'general footy thread') then this might have averted Johns decision.

Hey ho.... Token Old Raver signing out....

Beef Jerky Time!

....although I will miss the occasional posts from Gus. Totally unique!

Thanks for the laughs, music and general good times all. See you around I guess.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

erik.b wrote:

Sad times.

Bar the few idiots that take things too far and the recent explosion of aliases gobbing off, this is a great forum.  Shame its gotta end but I can't say im surprised John's decided to call it a day on here.

Will miss the banter amd the encylopedic knowledge and talents of some of you chaps. Will hang on to the  bitter end in the hope John changes his mind tho.........

Digweeds last chance saloon...rom com or epic hero cliche ...time will tell!!

Why not just update the forum software to a newer version that includes "ignore" buttons so people dont have to see any posts from people they dont want to?

end of an era indeed. Been a member around a decade i think. Jeez. Been a cracking place while it lasted. Really handy for music and keeping up with things going on in clubland. Some funny banter as well on occasion.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Negativity is one of the main reasons i rarely come around here.Shame the board morphed into a big unwelcome sign.Thanks to Uncle John for the keeping it going so long....and i still think Gus should get a lifetime achievement award for his efforts wink

Poor Gus hasnt been the same since the Suarez incident

But I have nowhere else to go....

http://i.imgur.com/CwTsQTb.gif

I run/have ran a forum of similar size, posts and members for many years now, also music related.

The thing to do is keep them moderated, keep an eye on things, listen to and respond to any big noises made by the members, new and old. There's always a status quo to keep with these things and it can be a tricky balancing act at times as I full well know.

Would be a shame to see it go for many reasons. It's a valuable and concise source for music and like minded conversation, whatever the subject. Forums are few and far between, but those that perceiver are of great value compared to the smash and grab nature of social media these days. The original social networks if you will.

Have to say the aliases have fucked this place up good and proper in recent months.

Boring, turgid shit.

Have a word with yourselves, sock puppet-mongers.

草泥马

when must we be out by?

djdiggers wrote:

I think it might be time to wrap things up on this board.

i am sure you guys will be able stay in touch somewhere for your banter, but my overall feeling is that there is too much negativity on here and new members are scared off after a few posts.

Thanks

John

Loving the sarcasm dripping off the word banter. Basically Uncle John thinks you're all a bunch of pricks.
Hard to disagree.

What date is the cull happening?

The "whats are you listening to at the moment?" thread will be sorely missed.

Tbf I've been around many other PHP boards for music and other nonsense for a long time. Most here have been too. Careful moderation of the board is key. Hannu, you're like the sheep herder here. Not sure really where the vision of this board went wrong. It is a great board bar a very small handful of people. I will say that myself...im no comment saint either. But this board has lost (or been siphoned) of any real class or cleverness. Adults acting like shitbird children. This place has served as massive resource for progressive music for me. Shame to see it go. If anyone would like my sc link.. pm while you can.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Its been an eventful decade being on this forum and hearing the daily banter . Will be sorely missed - the tales of old, swapping tuneage, Sasha love ins, Mumford bashing......

But seriously, its been a blast. Some threads hit close to the mark but that's what happens without a moderator. Surely the appointment of one with suspension rights would solve the issue. Im sure many of us would accept Bedrock promos as payment for services rendered.....

I am surprised that it has taken this long to to be honest. If I were in John's position I wouldn't want my brand associated with the sewer that this place has sadly become

That aside, I am grateful for the all of the awesome music that found as well as the friends I have made and maintained through this board over the years. There have been lots of cracking nights out, mental week long afterparties, clubbing holidays all over the globe and general fucking debauchery and it is these things that have made it all worthwhile.

Good luck to you all.

Adios

Stevo

It's been a blast, but it's time to let go. The moderators at MS won't be happy about this though.

http://i.imgur.com/cDuOCcf.gif

Beijing Dave wrote:

Have to say the aliases have fucked this place up good and proper in recent months.

Boring, turgid shit.

Have a word with yourselves, sock puppet-mongers.

This. Although it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

I still would like to officially blame Flares.

I'm on the floor.

Love, love, love this board, I'll be a little lost without it.

Has been absolutely brilliant fun.