Re: Time to say your goodbyes

smallman1 wrote:

I'm on the floor.

Love, love, love this board, I'll be a little lost without it.

Has been absolutely brilliant fun.

This too.

oh fuck me.

ive just seen this in the last few seconds.

feel like ive been kicked in the bollocks.

ive never posted under an alias, the pleasure ive had from reliving past memories/stories with other like minded members  and discovering new music since my last rehab has been a vital part of my recovery.

ive been off the kibble for the longest period of my life and a large porportion of that is due to bedrock and its members/music.

utterly miserable and dejected, back to na and aa then.

unfortunatley no one to talk about the meaning of  jondi and spesch 'we are connected' soliloquy while i have a chat with some one about nick muirs effect on the velvet rooms at nigel dawsons whoop it up, or captains beefhearts role in prog rock and the old grey whistle test with whispering bob.

ive been here since the end of oct 2013 and would like to think i have entertained gentlemen, and even dropped the odd nugget of information.

gutted.

ive posted over 2,000 times and only ever had one argument with comical ali,

not that bad a percentage is it?, i'll miss my band of warped brothers.

ETC'I WAS THAT PROG NAZARENE' 1996-2001

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Wednesday Jul 2014 02:39:29)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

I agree, shut it down. You would be doing a lot of people a kindness.

Going to miss the music discussions, but there are other boards.

Thanks to everyone for the memories. smile

Where will everyone be going?

smallman1 wrote:

Good question. What other forums are there? Other than MS that is.

Not much.

John,

Do you not think this decision may be a bit rash? The negativity is only a small part of what is a very informative, fun forum.

Suggestion: Let this sticky be a stern warning. If the problem persists then, yes maybe the forum should be shut down.

Kind regards,

Brian Price
Dublin, Ireland.

Last edited by Pricer (Wednesday Jul 2014 01:14:21)

Yant wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Good question. What other forums are there? Other than MS that is.

Well I guess there's always 4Four.....

http://i.imgur.com/rc9eP85.gif

Set our own thing up.

Gutted.

Only just started posting but been reading for years.

So much 'nostaglia' being brought up on here, from those hedonistic nights at Babealicious in the early 90's, discussing which tunes were dropped, to the fun of reminiscing about the excitement of visting Music and vinyl Exchange, to the discovery of new music from recommendations. And ETC's wonderfull laugh out loud posts / rants.

And that latest Sneddon mix, a true calssic.

All this will be lost. For a few idiots spoiling the fun.

Newbie but was at The Old Barn for Babealicious, so good Prog credentials.........

Okay, I'm a girl so I can say it like it is, emotions 'n' all.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't close. You have no idea how much this board means to most members (he can kick me later if he likes, but you pushed my crazy mental lovely other half to tears with the news).

PLEASE PLEASE DON'T CLOSE! Or at least give someone/multiple members some sort of ability to keep it going.

This is the ONLY thing (well, apart from me, natch) that keeps ETC sane. (Added the 'natch' cos he'll hate it, btw. Cruel mistress.)

Anyway... not really sure what else to do other than get on my knees (no, not that!) and beg.

Do you really need new members anyway? Really really? This is a little family now. There will always be arguments, macho pride (cos it is and always will be a bit of a boys' board) and people sometimes get bored and look to poke.

But it muddles along. Look at all the love on this board. PLEASE DON'T CLOSE!!!!!

At least consider this as a little kick up the arse warning instead and reconsider in say 6 months. Let the boys find a new playground if they have to. But please don't send them all out into the wilderness... it'll kill ETC sad

ETC's missus xx

Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train...

..disappointed but not entirely surprised.

Leave a forum to 'evolve' unsupported and it's inevitable you'll end up with something resembling this.

I've posted far far less in the last 6 months than in the preceding X years.. less and less I feel I want to contribute to be honest and all the alias bollocks just makes it feel like fucking hard work a lot of the time

That said, some quality discussions if you dig around amongst the shite and some excellent recommendations in the listening thread, good TV thread, Pierre's book corner etc. Still the odd proper laugh-out-loud moment from the usual suspects too..

I do think this could have been handled so much better if some of the suggestions made a couple of years back were acted upon.. dump all the sub-forums and just have three sections, a 'General Bedrock & music' section, 'Mixes' and a 'Off-topic Bedrock banter- enter at your own risk' area. Rough treatment of noobs, aimless slagging etc. could be quite easily moderated in the former by slinging it in the latter.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

A big shame. 

I have been reading since it started.

First we lose the ability to record his weekly Kiss show in true hifi quality and now this.

I agree there are some tiresome people on here and I find many of these offensive.

I wonder how I will find out about Digweed dates and new releases? I always thought it was a good marketing tool to get his news out.  I never use his website, soundcloud or the likes.

I suspect John will also suffer when it closes.  He has a lot of genuine fans who will miss all the updates and genuine good chat.

A sad day indeed but not entirely surprising. I hope this is just a shot in the arm and that the board can continue because aside from all the childishness there are some absolute gems of mixes and some amazing knowledge on here.

Forums are few and far between as it is but ones that cater for this side of music are an even bigger rarity and for that alone I hope it can carry on in some form.

I imagine the black-hole humour on the Betoko thread which went viral was a bit embarassing...

But speaking as a victim of new member abuse, I think you should just ban Beijing Dave for telling me to "Fuck Off" 3 replies into my first thread and whoever it was that dissed my jumper.

Just Add Sunshine

Unbroken1 wrote:

..disappointed but not entirely surprised.

Leave a forum to 'evolve' unsupported and it's inevitable you'll end up with something resembling this.

I've posted far far less in the last 6 months than in the preceding X years.. less and less I feel I want to contribute to be honest and all the alias bollocks just makes it feel like fucking hard work a lot of the time

That said, some quality discussions if you dig around amongst the shite and some excellent recommendations in the listening thread, good TV thread, Pierre's book corner etc. Still the odd proper laugh-out-loud moment from the usual suspects too..

I do think this could have been handled so much better if some of the suggestions made a couple of years back were acted upon.. dump all the sub-forums and just have three sections, a 'General Bedrock & music' section, 'Mixes' and a 'Off-topic Bedrock banter- enter at your own risk' area. Rough treatment of noobs, aimless slagging etc. could be quite easily moderated in the former by slinging it in the latter.

I completely agree with all the above. Just put all the 'banter' in it's own sub-forum and let them all rub their bellies in there. It would be easy to signpost and easy for people to ignore. Robust and committed moderation would quickly sort this place out.

Closing this board would be a real pity. The core of it is brilliant and has introduced me to music, people and places that I would otherwise not have experienced. The mixes sub-forum is peerless.

Don't kill it, fix it.

Genuinely gutted about this, I know I talk a load of crap and rub people up the way sometimes, but that’s just me. I have never needed an aliases as I have always enjoyed the discussions and musical knowledge on here as well as some of the stellar mixes from board members

If it is the end, been a pleasure all, apologies if my “type before you think” and stupid posts have offended anyone, its my dark humour you know!!

Y’all be careful out there

“Say it ain’t so Crusty”

Filed under Reg

Real shame. Only been a very occasional poster in recent years but check in daily as there's generally always some really good stuff amongst the soggy biscuit brigade "bantz"

Will there be a commemorative t-shirt?

I'm so open minded people throw all sorts of rubbish in there.

But I have only just joined.

Gutted

Republik of Saddleworth

It's you I'm most gutted for Joey. You were really starting to find your feet on here. A real one to watch.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

My guess is John has looked at the reception given to Helen_A recently, together with threads with titles like "things that can fuck off" and the general negative responses given to any form of positive message from anyone, particularly new members - and then clocked the GU old boys clique, the in-jokes etc. - and just wants to free his brand from that negative association.

Bickering to the end though, the old timers blaming each other for the board closure.  But really, every mofo must look at himself long and hard in the mirror before bursting into insane, vein-busting laughter ...

ahmedfadooq wrote:

My guess is John has looked at the reception given to Helen_A recently, together with threads with titles like "things that can fuck off" and the general negative responses given to any form of positive message from anyone, particularly new members - and then clocked the GU old boys clique, the in-jokes etc. - and just wants to free his brand from that negative association.

Bickering to the end though, the old timers blaming each other for the board closure.  But really, every mofo must look at himself long and hard in the mirror before bursting into insane, vein-busting laughter ...

whilst tossing myself off into a shot glass and drinking it??

you got it.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

ahmedfadooq wrote:

Nothing gets passed you does it

Republik of Saddleworth

joeyp wrote:
ahmedfadooq wrote:

Nothing gets passed you does it

sorry for lashing out, im hurting

Republik of Saddleworth

millsy23 wrote:

It's you I'm most gutted for Joey. You were really starting to find your feet on here. A real one to watch.

Cheers mills, I don't feel like a first year anymore

Republik of Saddleworth