Topic: parting gift / tune

you've all been so enthusiastic about my taste in music that i couldn't possibly deny you access to one final tune. digweed's been pming me for weeks; wondering when it will be ready... but i say fuck him. if he thinks he can have this label saving gem after shutting the board down, then he has another thing coming. i'll see you guys over on the last night on earth board.

https://soundcloud.com/zacharymatthews/ … ick-silver

Re: parting gift / tune

Better than that new Edu Imbernon EP Zachary!

thank you simon, thank you. :-) pretty sure this stunt lead to john's change of heart. forth coming on bedrock.

Right up my strasse Zach!!

Do I hear sylenth here zackster?

Republik of Saddleworth

Any reason for not just calling it "quick silver"?

I like it. Feels like a pretentious version of Acid Eiffel.

Way better than most of the dismal nonsense you listen to Zack.

Keep up the work.

thanx for all of the kind words fellow bedrockers! these lawless times with out a mod to move this thread are doing wonders for my career.

joeyp wrote:

Do I hear sylenth here zackster?

no. the pads are from a juno 106.

sabotini wrote:

Any reason for not just calling it "quick silver"?

quick silver refers to the mod that was recently done to my 303. i have to many "untitled (acid)" projects on my comp, so this being my first tune with the new 303 capabilities got the quick silver attached to it. "quick silver" sounds like the title of a shitty hooj/platypus track.

Sounded like an arp preset. Apologies and shows how much I know.

What other hardware you got?

Republik of Saddleworth

Zackster - How did a dyed in the wool techno man like yourself end up posting on a prog house board?

And are you slowly becoming a 'prog till I die' man?

Just had a listen to your tune Zackster, very impressed!

smallman1 wrote:

Zackster - How did a dyed in the wool techno man like yourself end up posting on a prog house board?

oh, i was a prog fan, once upon a time. i really lost interest around the time tiefschwarz were considered the next big thing. now, with stefano out of the way, i've secured my position as bedrock's techno/racket guru, and i'm living the dream.

joeyp wrote:

What other hardware you got?

this tune is a 106, 303, 909, a jomox mbase 11, and ableton's drum rack playing a rack of samples i made. i also have a 606 and a 202, but they do not currently run midi, so they arn't getting included much. i'd love an elekron anlog four, hint hint, but realistically won't get one until i'm ready to sell off the 909.

So the Quick Silver mod adds MIDI to the 303? What level of control do you get... just note messages or can you control glide and filter etc positions? They'd be pretty vital to sequencing some decent acid, surely?

i haven't even begun to grasp all of the shit it can now do. selling points for me were midi clock control, being able to program the 303 while its playing, and the ability to save my patterns via usb to my computer. the two best features i've since discovered are filter bump and chop mode, both of which you can hear mid way into the 303 patter in my tune. i can now also add additional modulation with a midi keyboard. that gives it more of a devilfish sound. the guy who did the mod also does one for the 606 which i would like to have done before the summer is out.

Last edited by zackster (Friday Jul 2014 10:22:51)

Nice track ... loving the smattering  of acid.

SimonR

Really like this Zackster. It's fucking excellent in fact. I was half expecting you have to have filled up your mam's dishwasher with pans, mic'd it up and stick the sounds in a breakdown.

If I can be completely out of character and be an arsehole for once: you probably could do with tweaking the levels a bit. It sounded a slightly bassy/muddy through my Amstrad speakers. And those babies never lie when it comes to supreme sound quality.

#stickyoursonosupyourhole

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

was there any distortion, or does it just sound bass heavy? the mbase11 is a fucking pain in the ass to use. if i try to make anything outside of a basic kick drum it can throw out some really end frequencies, ie below 40Hz.

No distortion. Just slighty bass heavy. Could do with bringing up the mids and top end a bit. Couldn't fault it otherwise. I've DL'd it and changed the 'untitled' to my own name and I now look like a hero on my FB.

If you need something to benchmark it to, have a listen to Geoff Ledak's remix of Walking On Fire. That's a masterpiece in production.

Either that or ask Flaresy. He's got a MacBook, you know.

Last edited by Henry Rindhoops (Friday Jul 2014 12:35:57)

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Well done Zach this sounds great

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

No distortion. Just slighty bass heavy. Could do with bringing up the mids and top end a bit. Couldn't fault it otherwise.

this ^

i do like it tho Zack and will defo look to include on my next mix

thanks for the share smile

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Friday Jul 2014 14:42:57)

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit