Topic: Phoenix from the ashes

Seen as though the death call is almost here for the board, any takers in moving shop, non affialated obviously....l see bedrockforums.uk is available, might be worth getting out while we can before John switches the lights off and building up from the ground upwards.

Re: Phoenix from the ashes

Yep. What would be involved in doing that? No idea but happy to help and get involved.

just think you could be a mod and ban all those naughty people who spoil it for you yant

Part of the problem

Dermo. Give it a rest yeah. Honestly no one cares chief. Just enjoy your new kitchen, listen to your sonos, have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

get fucked millsy xx

Part of the problem

Yep. What would be involved in doing that? No idea but happy to help and get involved.

A server, a SQL DBMS, php v4 and phpBB mainly.

Can't see Diggers being happy with the URL and the naming of the forum, given it's basically affiliating itself to Bedrock (and so people may see it as being a part of the brand, which it's clear he doesn't want). Second point is where does the traffic come? Us miserable buggers carrying on the pointless bickering until our keyboards are prised out of our cold dead hands? Sod that.

I have a server to donate. Can't imagine the bandwidth will be too bad.

..why would it need to be Bedrock-branded?

Call it the New Global Underground Forum or something.

If you build it, they will come.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I will pay for the domain/annual subscription/bandwidth unless it is daft money.

A mod.that`s interested.

Unbroken1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Paul Louth used to say that a lot.

Hasn't Presto setup a few GU alternatives in the past only to see them all fail?
Don't let simon near this venture.

Didn't Dusted's Bored Audio site have a messageboard?

Mr Boring wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Paul Louth used to say that a lot.

Hasn't Presto setup a few GU alternatives in the past only to see them all fail?

as you all know im a technical ludite, but i'll help in any way i can, glad to put in the time .

the wayward yoof of stratford/east london  can fuck right off.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

dutchy101 wrote:

Didn't Dusted's Bored Audio site have a messageboard?

This one? Who wants to be the first post in 4 years?

http://www.boredaudio.com/board/

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

We can have back...

Pretty Pol
Mate Green
Dusted
Stefano
Flares

Big Fella wrote:

We can have back...

Pretty Pol
Mate Green
Dusted
Stefano
Flares

That's one hell of a 5 a side team

Filed under Reg

Mr Boring wrote:

I've setup 2 messageboards. 1 was Further, which got a fair amount of traffic and ran quite nicely, thank you very much. The other was nothing to do with dance music but again, ran without issue until they decided to close it.

Come on Presto. You know you want to really. I'll even wire some money to your account to help set it up. Just as long as we agree that you don't spend it on crisps and Readers' Wives.

Last edited by Henry Rindhoops (Wednesday Jul 2014 03:11:06)

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Come on Presto. You know you want to really.

I really don't tbh. I've been looking for an excuse to leave the forum for ages, and I'm too weak to just go and not come back. Was the first forum I joined back around 2001 (when it was EZBoard) so there's some affinity to it. I'm just part of the furniture and I'll get thrown out with the rest of it when it closes.

Presto wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

I've setup 2 messageboards. 1 was Further, which got a fair amount of traffic and ran quite nicely, thank you very much. The other was nothing to do with dance music but again, ran without issue until they decided to close it.

Now now Presto, you were at the heart of a replacement GU bored on Ez. Pretty sure you helped Al Williamz run a forum too.

Presto just wants everybody to ask him.

Happy to help invest time and funds where necessary and of course within reason.

Just need to find someone who knows what they're doing to run with it and get it going.

Big Fella wrote:

I will pay for the domain/annual subscription/bandwidth unless it is daft money.

BF I am sysadmin with websites of my own I have built so we can all decide/donate that way we can police our self...doesn't have to be bedrock named, was just an example...

When all you lot have fucked off its going to be awfully quiet in here.

Part of the problem

BF for example a dedicated server (to have full root (admin)access to do what you want  with) my service provider is £29.99 p/m...you can smash it to pieces not that there is alot of physical strain on a mysql db or any other DB the site would run on...have a few sys admins, mods and such like...game on

http://www.1and1.co.uk/dedicated-server