Topic: Rekordbox 3.0

Re: Rekordbox 3.0

..will download and give it a bash. Needs to be about 6x quicker than the previous version for scanning/transferring files though

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

They're possibly one layout change away from their own Serato/Traktor contender.

But until they stop partnering with the former, you won't see it.

..looks as if there's some kind of crossfade/mix preview thing on there now, wonder what functionality Serato won't let them add?

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Yeah, it already looks like you could play a pop music / chill out-set with the new version. As long as you don't need EQ.

Downloaded it the other day and had a tinker with it seems to load tracks quicker and more accurately now too.

Andy C wrote:

They're possibly one layout change away from their own Serato/Traktor contender.

But until they stop partnering with the former, you won't see it.

I look forward to the day when I can tell Traktor "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya".
I would so be on board with this idea.
I am getting the feeling that NI is losing the plot with this remix deck business.
On djworx.com it seemed the general consensus confirmed my feelings.

A Pioneer-staff member answers guestions on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/29 … _launched/

I wonder how much Zabiela had say in this? Does he still work for Pioneer in helping them develope stuff?

It is SO much better than previous versions. Multicore track analyzation (finally!). The interface looks like they stole as much from serato as possible, but that is a good thing. The dual deck feature is actually really useful to check out how 2 songs can work together, or not.

So far so good. It was stable while I re-analyzed my tracks last night and played around with the internal mixing capabilities. Much faster and far more user friendly. Really the first positive step Pioneer has taken in this area since it was released.