Topic: new 2hr mix - 'Welcome To Bedrock'...

... I had planned on doing a live mixlr session featuring just Bedrock Records releases - a couple of months back Hodgy helped me whittle down a list of dozens of tracks to a couple of hours worth - but live mixlr sessions are out of the question for me at the moment so it's never happened.  And then Digweed suggested the messageboard was finished so it seemed appropriate to make the effort and get a couple of hours worth recorded...

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000084074695-ghk3fy-t200x200.jpg?2aaad5e

https://soundcloud.com/smashdad/ks-welcome-to-bedrock

2 hours - 16 tracks

smile

*edit*

01 Mutant Clan - On & Amp
02 Pole Folder & CP - Apollo Vibes
03 Steve Lawler - Rise In (Steve Lawler Powder Remix)
04 Paneoh feat. Maetrik - Follow
05 MainLine - Narcotic
06 Tone Depth - Rumblefish (Maher Daniel remix)
07 Ian O'Donovan - Aurora Borealis
08 Guy J - Lamur (Henry Saiz remix)
09 Oliver Leib - Parallax
10 Yunus Guvenen - Let Go
11 Jim Rivers - Empathy
12 Guy J - Geko
13 Science Dept - Repercussion
14 Pete Heller - Sabotage (Pete Heller's Phelacid Mix)
15 Evolution feat Jayn Hanna - Walking On Fire
16 Bedrock - Emerald

Last edited by smashdad (Thursday Jul 2014 17:25:37)

Re: new 2hr mix - 'Welcome To Bedrock'...

smashdad wrote:

... I had planned on doing a live mixlr session featuring just Bedrock Records releases - a couple of months back Hodgy helped me whittle down a list of dozens of tracks to a couple of hours worth - but live mixlr sessions are out of the question for me at the moment so it's never happened.  And then Digweed suggested the messageboard was finished so it seemed appropriate to make the effort and get a couple of hours worth recorded...

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000084074695-ghk3fy-t200x200.jpg?2aaad5e

https://soundcloud.com/smashdad/ks-welcome-to-bedrock

2 hours - 16 tracks

smile

kevin - is this a private set? it's just that it didn't appear in my stream and doesn't appear on your page?

look forward to having a listen tomorrow.

jamie wrote:

kevin - is this a private set? it's just that it didn't appear in my stream and doesn't appear on your page?

No mate - not private.

Sorry, it didn't appear for you - can't explain that at all I'm afraid - turn it off, turn it on again and give it another try?!

awesome mix....bedrock's back cat full of class!

simeon79 wrote:

awesome mix....bedrock's back cat full of class!

Thank you fella

seen that you shared it in the Bedrock Souncloud group and gave it a bit of a spin earlier

nice one smile

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

jamie wrote:

Hopefully you found the mix ok and were able to listen?

shaunstrudwick wrote:

seen that you shared it in the Bedrock Souncloud group and gave it a bit of a spin earlier

nice one smile

Cheers Shaun
smile

Good mix smashy by the way. Its surprising how bad the memory is without a tracklist. Surprised you didn't use the Geoff Ladek rework of Walking on fire.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Good mix smashy by the way.

Thank you fella.

Dermo wrote:

Surprised you didn't use the Geoff Ladek rework of Walking on fire.

To be honest I don't like the original much (and far less that remix - which was never released on Bedrock so didn't qualify for inclusion) but Hodgy helped me whittle the list down to size and it was one of his choices which was fine by me.

Dermo wrote:

Its surprising how bad the memory is without a tracklist.

Tracklisting (now) above...

Thanks for taking the time to comment though mate - relatively few do and, trust me, when you do put a mix out there it's always nice/reassuring to know that someone has enjoyed it.

smile

No problem mate. Yunus Guvenen - Let Go was the one vexing me. Forgot about it totally. Old.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

No problem mate. Yunus Guvenen - Let Go was the one vexing me. Forgot about it totally. Old.

Probably my favourite track out of that selection  smile

*edit*
I've just realised that's not entirely true - Mainline's 'Narcotic' is not only my favourite ever Bedrock release but one of the best 12"s I ever bought - fucking brilliant record to mix with and it works across a big range of bpms - fantastic tune

Last edited by smashdad (Thursday Jul 2014 19:41:43)

Yeh and mine. Defo a stand out track. Also like Geko that I never really got on to at the time.

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Jul 2014 19:00:58)

Part of the problem

smashdad wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Probably my favourite track out of that selection  smile

*edit*
I've just realised that's not entirely true - Mainline's 'Narcotic' is not only my favourite ever Bedrock release but one of the best 12"s I ever bought - fucking brilliant record to mix with and it works across a big range of bpms - fantastic tune

Yep, Narcotic is defo my favourite tune on this mix mate. The mix is absolutely fandabidozee as usual by the way. Haven't heard a lot of these in ages as they are gatherinmg dust in my attic.

I actually have soft spot for Walking on Fire because I remember Diggers playing it as the last tune at one of the Bedrocks and me being totally spangled beyond belief, hands to lasers etc. As a last of the MDMA, just before lights on tune it really does rule even if the vocal is cheesy.

Last edited by millsy23 (Friday Jul 2014 04:19:19)

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

smashdad wrote:
jamie wrote:

Hopefully you found the mix ok and were able to listen?

Yes thanks mate - started yesterday but got called into a meeting so didn't finish - plan to give it a full whirl shortly smile

Love what I heard so far.

Smashy - I shall give this a whirl and feedback.

Hold tight!

smallman1 wrote:

Smashy - I shall give this a whirl and feedback.

Hold tight!

*grabs hold of nearest thing*

nice one smashdad, saturday listening later on mate!!

Science Dept - Repercussion

When I get my records out of storage at the end of the month, that's the first one being played. Cracker.

Always preferred it to the a side.

Last edited by MJH (Monday Jul 2014 04:32:40)

Excellent mix Smashy,had this on at work today.Love Emerald,one of my fav.Bedrock releases.

Will get into this after lunch...huzzah!

strummerjones wrote:

Excellent mix Smashy,had this on at work today.

Cheers fella - thanks for listening and commenting
smile

smallman1 wrote:

Hold tight!

*shrugs*

*lets go*

Finally got around to listening to this. Excellent mix Kev. Completely forgot how amazing 'Let Go' was. Remember the flip side, Fever being a tune as well. Going to dig it out when I get home.

millsy23 wrote:

I actually have soft spot for Walking on Fire because I remember Diggers playing it as the last tune at one of the Bedrocks and me being totally spangled beyond belief, hands to lasers etc. As a last of the MDMA, just before lights on tune it really does rule even if the vocal is cheesy.

This is the same reason I will always love the record... Some unbelievable (hazy) memories of reaching the end of the night, lights come up, still just about vertical/standing and this tune would start and the lights drop out completely, then the lazers would destroy you and then the old eyes are gone and your praying for the night not to end.  Oh to be 22 again.

Anyway, cheers for sending the list over Sullivan... Was good fun and brought back some cracking memories and the resultant mix/es have been excellent.... I did start the other list you sent and know that I need to add to it but getting time to actually put it together with you is proving fucking hard!  Parent duties and work etc etc...usual shit.