Topic: Stay of execution

After reading some of your begging and pleading posts.

I am willing to give this board another month if you lot can cobble together 2 moderators to control this board and allow it to be a pleasant place to visit.

Lets see if anyone wants the job and you can all agree they will do a good job

Thanks

John

Re: Stay of execution

Admit it John, it was my JDJ busted-cherry confession which sealed the deal.

You can all thank me later.

I don't post much but read a lot.

as far as I can see, the obvious one is millsy.

then probably one from presto, erik.b, liquidtech or unbroken IMO.

all of the above are passionate about their music and from what I have read, rarely get into arguments / slanging matches with anyone.

Erik B was the first name in my mind, but all good choices imho.

Millsy gets my vote.

Thanks guys btw

Millsy's too busy.

I'd go with Smashdad, Presto and Dermo. (Not taking the piss with that last one)

Can you all please knock the alias shite on the head? Hiding behind sock puppets to snipe.

You know who you are.

草泥马

You know what that means don't you Dave....

jamie wrote:

I don't post much but read a lot.

as far as I can see, the obvious one is millsy.

then probably one from presto, erik.b, liquidtech or unbroken IMO.

all of the above are passionate about their music and from what I have read, rarely get into arguments / slanging matches with anyone.

Basically exactly what you said.
It just needs someone to step forward and take the baton....

Agreed on Erik.b. And if Millsy has enough time to groom the hell out of soundcloud, he has enough time to wave the wand here.

Ben Wand wrote:

You know what that means don't you Dave....

FFS Ben, just behave 30 days.

If you can't do that then head over to http://onthekib.co.uk/ and post whatever the fuck you like.

Last edited by Mr Boring (Wednesday Jul 2014 14:40:22)

Erik B.

Sabotini would also be a decent shout.

Smashdad, Presto, Liquitech as well.

Let Millsy carry on being board funnyman/cringemeister (depending on your perspective) unfettered by the need to keep everyone in line.

草泥马

why not munkyn? He is already planing a "new home" and seems passionate enough? Other than that from what I've read since I'm here, not long i know, millys, erik B, smashdad and presto seem to be capable of being mods.

I'd also go for Benson with his haughty Oxbridge demeanour.

草泥马

Thanks for the votes of confidence all. I am indeed quite busy and may find it difficult to monitor depending on my work commitments. That said I am happy to moderate alongside someone like Smashdad or Erik, depending on what moderation entails of course. If it's just keeping an eye and PMing and subsequently banning wankers who overstep the mark I'm there. If it's IP checking and all that shit, I might not be.

Last edited by millsy23 (Wednesday Jul 2014 14:43:10)

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Smashdad,Presto or Millsy would get my vote.

As well as a moderator the board could do with a bit of an overhaul, why do we still need the Balance promote forum, also the radio forum hasnt been posted in since 2011! Maybe have a Transitions forum for tracklists to the shows, a general music forum where people can discuss music and things music related, a general discussion forum where people can go for banter and nonsense but know what theyre getting themselves in for and then the mixes forum

Thanks John for listening to what people have said.

May I make a suggestion that there is a board rule that you play the ball and not the man when you post. In other words, argue the point and don't make it a personal attack. If you don't like someone or what someone has said, don't post.

It's a simple rule but should help maintain some sort of moderationon the board and make it a more palatable place to be.

1 rule.

Happy with smashy presto, Damo, liquitech etc to moderate. They seem like the most obvious choices.

Mr Boring wrote:

I'm calling for a full pardon for Flares and an Anorak and a return to the board, under the solemn promise (so help him God) that he will behave his self, never create another alias and never ever post about crab claws, meditation or reams of Googled drivel on the mighty Arsenal.

In a related note, I also call for a ban on the word 'cunt'. Believe me, it'll make a world of difference.

Yant wrote:

May I make a suggestion that there is a board rule that you play the ball and not the man when you post. In other words, argue the point and don't make it a personal attack. If you don't like someone or what someone has said, don't post.

It's a simple rule but should help maintain some sort of moderationon the board and make it a more palatable place to be.

1 rule.

This.

Yant wrote:

Yeah, but sometimes ad hominem attacks are funny. The board would be boring without, say, Millsy and BF's constant needle towards one another.

草泥马

I retract my vote for Erik B now.

Sabotini could probably do it sensibly without just banning people for the most minor thing.

草泥马

MattBlack wrote:

As well as a moderator the board could do with a bit of an overhaul, why do we still need the Balance promote forum, also the radio forum hasnt been posted in since 2011! Maybe have a Transitions forum for tracklists to the shows, a general music forum where people can discuss music and things music related, a general discussion forum where people can go for banter and nonsense but know what theyre getting themselves in for and then the mixes forum

Yep, basically this. 

Banter Forum
Music Forum
Transitions info / Announcements / Tour dates

Thinking about it, I would actually be up for helping to moderate the general music forum.  I have done it before for boards of a similar size.  I probably wouldn't have time to keep an eye on a banter forum but I could certainly help out in a lesser capacity (similar to what SimonR does on MS with his weekly transitions info threads, links etc).  I would be happy to keep tour diary up to date etc (Hi John, PM me!)

Saying that, we do have a baby Fletcher on the way in a few months so I will probably find myself "staying in" a bit more from now on... might be a bit more time available, or maybe less!

Ben Wand wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

I'm calling for a full pardon for Flares and an Anorak and a return to the board, under the solemn promise (so help him God) that he will behave his self, never create another alias and never ever post about crab claws, meditation or reams of Googled drivel on the mighty Arsenal.

In a related note, I also call for a ban on the word 'cunt'. Believe me, it'll make a world of difference.

Ben, if you can behave for 30 days then I'll put my ever increasing weight girth behind the Flares pardon campaign.

Yant wrote:

Thanks John for listening to what people have said.

1 rule.

pretty much spot on

agree about the sub forums suggested by fletcher as well.