Topic: New album from Pink Floyd

Well, most of it was recorded in the Division Bell-sessions 20 years ago. Can't wait. smile

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … l-20140706

Re: New album from Pink Floyd

But Division Bell was, barring one or two tracks, crap? So this new album is the outtakes? Will get it regardless.

^^

hehe, me too

I think that about half of it is really good. Especially Marooned and Keep Talking. What Do You Want from Me is terrible for sure. High Hopes sounds a tad bit too sappy too these days.

Division Bell crap? certainly not.  Probably my favorite driving album.  It's brilliant.

Saw this earlier today.  Can't wait!

Can picture you in the 1997 Jaguar XJ, leather driving gloves, Brothers in Arms queued up next on the 16 disc CD auto-changer that takes up two thirds of the boot, on the way to the weekly Stableford. Absolute scenes.

sabotini wrote:

Can picture you in the 1997 Jaguar XJ, leather driving gloves, Brothers in Arms queued up next on the 16 disc CD auto-changer that takes up two thirds of the boot, on the way to the weekly Stableford. Absolute scenes.

Pahaha, Top Gear anthems volume one in the glove compartment

sabotini wrote:

Pringle jumper on and millennium bug ball marker in pocket.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Jul 2014 09:01:11)

The Division Bell is without a doubt the worst Floyd album. An album of out takes from this means that in all fairness, it's going to be even crapper than the first attempt. If there's going to be another decent album, then they need to get Waters back on board IMO.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

The Division Bell is without a doubt the worst Floyd album. An album of out takes from this means that in all fairness, it's going to be even crapper than the first attempt. If there's going to be another decent album, then they need to get Waters back on board IMO.

Completely disagree. Waters is an egotistical, anti semitic twat.

There are two Floyds IMO. Pre-waters (dsotm and the wall, wish you were here) and post waters (momentary lapse of reason, division bell).

Actually there are three Floyds if you also look at Sids influence in the early days.

Each Floyds 'era' has a different sound. All of which I love.

Waters is without a doubt a cunt. But all of the best Floyd albums are when he took or started taking control of the band; i.e. from Dark Side Of The Moon to The Final Cut.

Momentary Lapse Of Reason is unusually good for Gilmour. But he had a fair bit of help on a lot of the tracks and most of the production was done by Bob Ezrin; without him it wouldn't have been the same album.

The Division Bell is shit and shame on Gilmour for wanting to release a bunch of studio floor cuts to make some money on the 20th anniversary of what essentially is an embarrassment to the Floyd catalogue.

Waters was the songwriter, Gilmour did the music. It was an excellent combo.

Gilmour is not a good songwriter IMO but that doesn't mean I don't love division bell.
Watching Gilmour play the guitar is amazing.

Yant wrote:

Waters was the songwriter, Gilmour did the music.

Eh what does that mean?

Gilmour could do a lot worse than let Geoff Ledak take the production reins on the new album IMO.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Gilmour could do a lot worse than let Geoff Ledak take the production reins on the new album IMO.

Which era of Geoff? Just so Jase is clear, H.

I'd like him to make a start on remixing The Division Bell for starters.

Where is that post from Yant that said Roger Waters only did the lyrics? Lol.

It's good practice to quote any embarrassing posts in your reply to prevent such things happening, BF.

He said something derogatory about my fast food empire and deleted it toot sweet.

Nearly the first strike, methinks.

Big Fella wrote:

He said something derogatory about my fast food empire and deleted it toot sweet.

Nearly the first strike, methinks.

Lol not the reason I deleted, BF and nothing derogatory in there, not my style. Just didn't think it needed saying twice!

I'm just upset that you gave us advice on halibut and in fact knew nothing.  I'll never trust you again. Our bond has been severed and needs much repair. Now go, I need to be alone.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Jul 2014 12:21:45)

Think Waters is the better vocalist, doubt i will be purchasing the new album as thought the division bell was poor.

I've never even eaten Halibut.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

LOL

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

twilothunder wrote:

Think Waters is the better vocalist, doubt i will be purchasing the new album as thought the division bell was poor.

from what I have heard of him recently, it sounds like his voice is on it's way out. agreed he is the better songwriter but vocally I think he is pretty poor these days.

Big Fella wrote:

I've never even eaten Halibut.

You've never even been to Bedrock have you.

I feel fucking sick.