Re: New album from Pink Floyd

Would love this to be a decent album but not sure it will. Am a massive Floyd fan, seeing both Waters and Gilmour in compncert numerous times, but dubious a cast offs album with revamped bits an pieces will be that much kop.

Was interested with the ambient side projects from TDB but Metallic Spheres didn't push any buttons with me so not sure if The Floyd are cut out for that direction either.

Rest on your laurels I say.......Echoes all the way!

......just read Youth is helping produce. Could be interesting ....

So this new album thingy, is mostly instrumental? Just as well since Gilmour can't write lyrics. I mean, he even had his missus help him write some if the lyrics on The Division Bell. What a fucking shambles that album is.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

My old flat mate in the mid 90's played that album to death Henry. I like 'High Hopes' from it.

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

The verse in that song is Prog Rock plodder of the highest order.

But let's all sing the chorus together in posh English accents:

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Pomp rock

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

I'm disgusted in all of you. It's a brilliant album.

It isn't Yant. Wish You Were Here is a brilliant album. Meddle is a brilliant album. If you say that The Division Bell is a brilliant album, then surely in superlative terms you've already maxed out and you've left yourself nowhere to go when tying to describe how good both of those albums are.

*edit*
Maybe use Totes Amaze?

I can tell you, from personal experience, that David Gilmour is a complete bellend.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

It isn't Yant. Wish You Were Here is a brilliant album. Meddle is a brilliant album. If you say that The Division Bell is a brilliant album, then surely in superlative terms you've already maxed out and you've left yourself nowhere to go when tying to describe how good both of those albums are.

*edit*
Maybe use Totes Amaze?

Maybe I'll. entire in to superlatives in other languages, just to keep it fresh?

Vunderbar for instance. Always a winner.

Am more interested in hearing the new Metallica album whenever that finally surfaces

namistai wrote:

I can tell you, from personal experience, that David Gilmour is a complete bellend.

Pray tell

Ran into him in Brighton? He lives in Hove now I believe

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

The Division Bell is without a doubt the worst Floyd album. An album of out takes from this means that in all fairness, it's going to be even crapper than the first attempt. If there's going to be another decent album, then they need to get Waters back on board IMO.

I'm with Henry on this. Gilmour was always a pussy.

namistai wrote:

KLANG.

How come?