Topic: dj pay packets

Solomun gets 15k ? Lord!

So what do others get nowadays? Does anyone know without guessing? People like Howells, Seaman, Warren, Sasha and of course Sir John.  15k is mad money isnt it? Like the old days. I thought they had gone.

Re: dj pay packets

Betoko was getting 20k USD per set I seem to recall his foemer girlfriend saying. Madness indeedy.

dutchy101 wrote:

Betoko was getting 20k USD per set I seem to recall his foemer girlfriend saying. Madness indeedy.

You cant beat that sort of cash

Filed under Reg

I heard Guy Gerber demands £10k+ too

I suppose it depends what the gig is and who the agent is, most DJs are happy to negotiate.

I heard that Sir John has been very generous lately, top attitude, but part of me is gutted, because last September his agent wouldn't even start any negotiations for the budget we had in mind.

Just Add Sunshine

oh do share the weath!

I was led to believe that the heady days of mass money were over. I also heard the likes of Sasha would now do a set for 6k. Is that wide of the mark then? Im guessing if Gerber is on that the like of Sasha and Digweed would be on more? Or doesnt it work like that?

Would like to know how many are on Tax avoidance schemes.Probably quite a few.

Uncle Bazza wrote:

I was led to believe that the heady days of mass money were over. I also heard the likes of Sasha would now do a set for 6k. Is that wide of the mark then? Im guessing if Gerber is on that the like of Sasha and Digweed would be on more? Or doesnt it work like that?

I reckon Sasha & John have pretty much made it over the years and can pick & choose gigs and fees that suit. My mates booked John a couple of years ago and they got a "discount" shall we say. The likes of Gerber and Troxler seem to be riding the wave of the current popularity of the scene and are fast blurring the lines between underground and mainstream IMO.

Why is it such a big secret?

Uncle Bazza wrote:

I think tax was just mentioned

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Uncle Bazza wrote:

oh do share the weath!

I'd just say, if you were serious about putting a night on, I wouldn't be put off approaching said legends... "Never Say Never" seems to be the attitude these days!

Just Add Sunshine

millsy23 wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

I think tax was just mentioned

Tax arent stupid though. If they know people are getting rich they always want to know how.

MarcusGraham wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

oh do share the weath!

I'd just say, if you were serious about putting a night on, I wouldn't be put off approaching said legends... "Never Say Never" seems to be the attitude these days!

So ball park ?

Uncle Bazza wrote:

I'll put it this way... I don't think i'd be comfortable if my customers had a casual chat on a public forum about what i'd charged them for design work.

Just Add Sunshine

Uncle Bazza wrote:

So ball park ?

I honestly couldn't say, but if you're thinking about it, just be realistic. As mentioned above they can pick and choose, so be creative, do something special.

Last edited by MarcusGraham (Friday Jul 2014 04:54:42)

Just Add Sunshine

MarcusGraham wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

So ball park ?

I honestly couldn't say, but if you're thinking about it, just be realistic.

How much is realistic?

Mr Boring wrote:
MarcusGraham wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

So ball park ?

I honestly couldn't say, but if you're thinking about it, just be realistic.

How much is realistic?

lol

Just Add Sunshine

I imagine the likes of Art Dept and the DC10 djs are absolutely milking it. All they spend their money on though is shit techno vests.

How much woud an act like Hot Since 82 command compared to top djs?

MarcusGraham wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

So ball park ?

I honestly couldn't say, but if you're thinking about it, just be realistic. As mentioned above they can pick and choose, so be creative, do something special.

This.

Yup... that's the impression I get with Digweed at least. Flexible with the fees depending on the environment, situation and promoter. Remember the promoter here wanted to set up all this jazz for his gig here, video screens and all that, Diggers told him to save the money and just ensure the sound is tight and that the warm up dj isn't douche bag banging it out at 125+.

Is there no price comparison website for Prog DJs? Niche in the market there.

Presto, are you still unemployed?

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Yup... that's the impression I get with Digweed at least. Flexible with the fees depending on the environment, situation and promoter. Remember the promoter here wanted to set up all this jazz for his gig here, video screens and all that, Diggers told him to save the money and just ensure the sound is tight and that the warm up dj isn't douche bag banging it out at 125+.

Where is this? Who did they choose? Any idea how much Hot since 83 charge?

Mr Boring wrote:

Is there no price comparison website for Prog DJs? Niche in the market there.

I think top trance djs must earn lots more than prog djs. I saw Tiesto driving a brand new Ferrari in a magazine.

Hernan charges a fair bit local promoters weren't able to get him on the same budget they had when they booked sasha, digweed, howells, warren & seaman nights but im sure flying from argentina and all the connecting flights maybe the stumbling block also.

How much is a fair bit?