Re: dj pay packets

Nothing ive heard suggests that. Maybe his sets are though, which I havent heard.

BedRob wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Betoko was getting 20k USD per set I seem to recall his foemer girlfriend saying. Madness indeedy.

You cant beat that sort of cash

winner!

Uncle Bazza wrote:
seanc80 wrote:

There is absolutely no way Betoko was being paid 20k per gig.

Outside of the Steve Aoki/Calvin Harris type circle, there arent that many dj's who command really large fees.

The night that you book heavily dictates the rate also. For example a Bank Holiday Sunday here in Dublin is obviously not a Bank Holiday in other countries so there can be value from bookings on a date like that.

Festivals are a often a completely different story

I had to google Betoko. Never heard of him.

Hes a barber now....

Last edited by erik.b (Friday Jul 2014 06:51:41)

Again, it depends on the event/venue etc...

£3k is a decent budget for a night I reckon, but whoever you approach bare in mind you've got to pay for travel accommodation, tax and expenses.

Just Add Sunshine

You wouldnt get anyone top notch for 3k though.

DuFunk wrote:

I do get the feeling hot since 82 has abit of EDM about him, his music for me is noticably heading the wrong direction.

But not too far, a mate summed it up nicely the other night, said his stuff is a bit like having your hair washed before your haircut, you know you shouldn't like it but it feels pretty good.

Uncle Bazza wrote:

Damo and Hannu will play for free if the audience is a bunch of topless squaddies.

I like Hot Since 82 as a producer but most of his sets ive heard have been sub Steve Lawler tribal house with a few girlie vocals thrown in

Last edited by MattBlack (Friday Jul 2014 07:08:09)

Uncle Bazza wrote:

I bet you would... give me a list of who you think is top notch, i'll tell you if it's do-able.

Just Add Sunshine

MattBlack wrote:

I like Hot Since 82 as a producer but most of his sets ive heard have been sub Steve Lawler tribal house with a few girlie vocals thrown in

Totally agree. Not much happens in his sets but his productions are often different class.

millsy23 wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

Damo and Hannu will play for free if the audience is a bunch of topless squaddies.

its no the topless ones you need to worry about. its the ones that haven't seen another white human being for months.

MarcusGraham wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

I bet you would... give me a list of who you think is top notch, i'll tell you if it's do-able.

im no expert on who is top notch nowadays but obviously Sasha and digweed to me are top notch. For 3k I would be expecting the rubbish one from way out west.

Uncle Bazza wrote:
MarcusGraham wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

im no expert on who is top notch nowadays but obviously Sasha and digweed to me are top notch. For 3k I would be expecting the rubbish one from way out west.

One of them is, the other....... meh

Uncle Bazza wrote:

For 3k I would be expecting the rubbish one from way out west.

*report*

Just Add Sunshine

I didnt say which one !

Uncle Bazza wrote:

I would be expecting the rubbish one from way out west.

I think Nick Warren will cost you more than 3k.

Uncle Bazza wrote:

Thats a bit harsh

ok 4k

For £4k I reckon you could get whoever you want... but maybe not Nick or Jody.

Last edited by MarcusGraham (Friday Jul 2014 07:31:16)

Just Add Sunshine

Sasha or digweed for 4k? Serious?

I didnt think Nick was that much these days, for 5K i would probably want Way out West

MattBlack wrote:

I didnt think Nick was that much these days, for 5K i would probably want Way out West

Yeh, but i reckon their fee would go up if he thinks either of them are rubbish.

Just Add Sunshine

MattBlack wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

Thats a bit harsh

+1. Ouch!

Beef Jerky Time!

Uncle Bazza wrote:

Sasha or digweed for 4k? Serious?

As has been hinted upon about 10 times in this thread, it's not always about the money... your misguided comment about Way Out West might not go down too well with either of them though.

Just Add Sunshine

In light of recent developments I would officially like to welcome Uncle Bazza to the board.

Bazza - Welcome and enjoy.