Topic: How much alcohol do you drink a week?

So the Mrs tells me I drink too much.
Interested to see what everybody else drinks per week
Average 4/6 cans a day.

Re: How much alcohol do you drink a week?

Purely a weekend drinker these days. If i'm staying in il do a couple of bottles of red over the weekend and possibly a few beers.

The waf hasn't had a drop since she fell preggers. Painful getting pissed on your own sometimes. You lose all the time at arguments.

You are talking around the house?

Republik of Saddleworth

a bottle of beer with dinner a day now - that's it.

I don't like getting pissed any more - makes me a moody / grumpy bastard. I think I'm in danger of becoming boring.

I'm not a big drinker.  3/4 beers per week at the most these days.

I'm high on life.

About 5 pints a week and prob 2 bottles of wine

Teetotal nowadays, am with Jase Yanto and enjoying life through non-hazy lens.

6 cans of Carlsberg and 1/2 bottle of whiskey a weekend. If I'm on call, a couple of cans of Fanta and that's me. neutral

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

I used to do a fair amount, in small amounts, if that makes sense (maybe 4 pints 6 nights a week) convincing myself it was "alright cos I don't binge". As you get older your metabolism slows massively though so it started turning me into a fat cunt. So now I go out maybe 3 nights a week.

Down to a decent 11 stone now.

草泥马

Only really a social drinker these days, i rarely drink at home but did have a few cheeky cocktails last weekend

I also noticed that, although I you can't really get a hangover off 4 pints, I did start getting hideous leg cramps in the middle of the night. Waking up and spasming all over the shop, like Yant in JD Sports when he sees the latest line in Porsche trabbs.

Apparently dehydration can cause this.

Never had it since I cut back.

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

As you get older your metabolism slows massively though so it started turning me into a fat cunt.

Just a cunt nowadays then.

Two bottles of wine at the weekend and a few beer chasers.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Even after 2-3 the next morning I feel tired. Old age I suppose.

The one thing I can't hack is no sleep or a night on the bumbles. It takes me a good week to recover.

#tart

^can relate to that, Dan.

I can't sleep all the way through if i've had a skinful and it takes me a good week to recover from a hangover.  Not that i have that many these days.

I dont binge quite as much anymore usually stop at 4/5 pints so i can wake up fresh as a daisy the next day but on a average club night about once a month would usually have 6 magners before and 3 double JD's and coke in there.

Think we should all just hit the theatre.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

millsy23 wrote:

Think we should all just hit the theatre.

Book of Mormon?

Problem with hangovers is you tend to eat rubbish to try and recover that is the mistake, basically try to eat normal healthy food and drink plenty of water and you should sort it out alot quicker, getting your end away is a definite must also.

If you aren't too wasted and can remember down 2 pints of water before you hit the hay.  Get water back into your system.

Helps with the old hangover.  Then, next morning Berroca me up, baby and give me another fucking beer!

facking hell...

2006-2012...the brentwood years 40 + pints per week , im sure jo  will confirm this , or possibly say im being conservative,along with all the other sweeties on a one way expensive trip to hell .

the people i associated with far far more, we know of three gone to meet their maker since i left early 2013.

1989-2006..the wilderness/square mile  years, with 1996-2006 being the worst...i couldnt honestly say. enough to have my own leather wingback chair at AA and NA .

Certainly enough to be ashamed and cost two marriages,  two  big houses  and  necessitate x 3 rehabs, and of course along with all the other major food groups.

these  days(2013 onwards) ..around 12 pints a week , the drug of the common man only. some weeks more, some less. which i havent, and most importantly jo hasnt got a problem with.

one ofr the many nuances with the chisel is that you can drink and drink  and drink and have the capacity of geoff capes . its when you stop, thats the problem.

boredom and then something to replace it with.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Jul 2014 09:08:35)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Beijing Dave wrote:

I used to do a fair amount, in small amounts, if that makes sense (maybe 4 pints 6 nights a week) convincing myself it was "alright cos I don't binge". As you get older your metabolism slows massively though so it started turning me into a fat cunt. So now I go out maybe 3 nights a week.

Down to a decent 11 stone now.

agree with this.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

DuFunk's reading and writing lessons are really starting to pay dividends.

Keep going champ!

religion ??

I drink a lot, but am currently experimenting with cutting back.

Four or five bottles of wine over a weekend and am usually out a couple of times midweek with work and those are usually heavy nights.

I don't often get hangovers, but know I need to cut back - not drinking at home Mon-Thursday sounds like a step in the right direction, but out getting pissed almost every Thursday for starters.

Yant wrote:

If you aren't too wasted and can remember down 2 pints of water before you hit the hay.  Get water back into your system.

Helps with the old hangover.  Then, next morning Berroca me up, baby and give me another fucking beer!

Definitely a good idea to have a drink of water before you go to bed or you wake up dehydrated to fuck and feeling like your head is being crushed in a vice