Re: How much alcohol do you drink a week?

im in the age of the metro sexual.

in your mid forties aint u sposed to ave a bit of a gut.. shows a mans a bon viveur an empressaro of the night. supplicate your lack of a six pack with i dont know ...personality and a knowledge of prog 1996.. 2001.

then all your dreams are made when your chained to the captains wheel and the rotary blade.

youll be telling me you lot shave your chest next.

"there can be only one (cunt)"

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

mr rossi wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:
dogmanstar888 wrote:

4-6 cans a day pans out at about 30 pints a week ... which is getting on for the big time

I think he quoted '4/6 a day' which I read as 2/3rds of a can a day. Not sure why Mr Rossi has a problem finishing his beer.

Apologies Henry 4-6

It's OK Mr Rossi. I'm just jealous that I couldn't hold down even a few cans on week days. Are you fat by any chance? If not, you've been blessed my boy.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

mr rossi wrote:

So the Mrs tells me I drink too much.
Interested to see what everybody else drinks per week
Average 4/6 cans a day.

How much is in one can? Half a liter?

Henry Rindhoops wrote:
mr rossi wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:

I think he quoted '4/6 a day' which I read as 2/3rds of a can a day. Not sure why Mr Rossi has a problem finishing his beer.

Apologies Henry 4-6

It's OK Mr Rossi. I'm just jealous that I couldn't hold down even a few cans on week days. Are you fat by any chance? If not, you've been blessed my boy.

About 10 stone

Glen wrote:
mr rossi wrote:

Average 4/6 cans a day.

Yes mate

When forced to I can put in a fairly legendary sesh. However, I will admit to being all about the sly, underhand tactics to get through it eg:

*Having a quick glass of water at the bar when sent up to a buy a round.
*Snidey tipping of drinks into plantpots
*When someone gets a round in waiting for someone to order a bottle then saying "yeah I wouldn't mind one of those too" instead of having a pint. Yet it appears to not get noticed because someone else has gone for the bottle first and it's not like it's a shandy anyway.
*If there's a meal involved, ensuring I go for something ridiculously bread-heavy like a calzone and ensuring I have a coffee as well
*The occasional ostentatious display of generosity so no-one thinks I'm a lightweight or stingy bastard "Right, my round! Double JD and cokes" (except mine gets a single shot when I go to the bar)

It's all about being a snidey cunt and not being picked up for it.

草泥马

smallman1 wrote:

Not sure how many of you would survive the legendary 'afters,' judging by some of the feedback here.

Damo and Mike Miller did a couple of years ago, both put in sensational shifts tbf.

..fahkin' love the gargle me

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Moving onto the Buckfast or Gin at 7am, that's where it's at.

mr rossi wrote:
Glen wrote:
mr rossi wrote:

Average 4/6 cans a day.

Yes mate

To put things in perspective: the average amount of daily intake of alcohol deemed to be within healthy limits (or damaging at the minimum) in the longterm is about 3 units of alcohol for men en 2 units of alcohol for women.

For beer, a glass of 250ml would amount to one unit. For any spirits of, say vodka, brandy or whisky, a shot glass full would amount to about 1 unit.

I am not judging here at all rossi. I know all these facts all to well because I like to drink as well. Luckily I'm a lightweight that can't handle much but I try to keep things within the above guidelines as I want to stay healthy-ish in the longterm as well. On weekdays it's about 2 cans (330ml) a night and in weekend 3 cans on average per night. Working in healthcare for over 15 years now I've seen all sorts of longterm effects in many cases. But I am a user, be it in certain moderation. But i still have to make myself have two to three nights a week I don't drink. Otherwise I automatically do it every day.

Like I said; I can't take a lot and I also don't drink a lot per night, but it is still to regular. Some weeks I skip tow to three days during the week. Other weeks it's just the whole week of drinking every day.

It helps to leave the beer on the weeknights when I just vaporize some of my homegrown stash of pot. Because I do not mix the two. And I will not have any trouble getting to sleep. Because sleep is one thing I suck at big time.

Luckily those are my only two vices still left. Gave up smoking about six years ago now along with all the chemicals I used to be so fond of.

Last edited by Glen (Tuesday Jul 2014 15:34:49)

Beijing Dave wrote:

When forced to I can put in a fairly legendary sesh. However, I will admit to being all about the sly, underhand tactics to get through it eg:

*When someone gets a round in waiting for someone to order a bottle then saying "yeah I wouldn't mind one of those too" instead of having a pint. Yet it appears to not get noticed because someone else has gone for the bottle first and it's not like it's a shandy anyway.
*If there's a meal involved, ensuring I go for something ridiculously bread-heavy like a calzone and ensuring I have a coffee as well
*The occasional ostentatious display of generosity so no-one thinks I'm a lightweight or stingy bastard "Right, my round! Double JD and cokes" (except mine gets a single shot when I go to the bar)

Liking your style.

Tip for not appearing stingy: always get the first round in. People always assume those who wait til the later rounds are trying to shirk their duty.

This doesn't apply if you're in a shit pub and it's happy hour. Tight wads make a massive deal of getting a round in during happy hour.

mr rossi wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:
mr rossi wrote:

Apologies Henry 4-6

About 10 stone

Light - for a man of normal height.

What Mr. Rossi has neglected to tell us is that he is just under 3 foot standing.

www.soundcloud.com/dogmanstar888

"charlie masses of Sounds there Live was a mental immense grooving thing but super mental in terms of arming and disarming" - universoGus, Jul 2014

Single life has made me a bit of an alcy. Getting properly drunk about 4 times a week... Mainly with co workers, poker and the random honeys for dinner. 4-5 gin & tonics, or whiskey waters sets me straight for  night.

Generally I skip drinks altogether, and enjoy the one j a day. Unless I'm hanging with the brother, usually means about 12 js a day.

Usually everyday here for me. I'd say from 4 to 10 units a night. Is that bad? I might have one or two nights off a week nd just have l'eau.

I'm a slight bugger too (as some might well say)... no weight issues here ta. But never have had them... a good metabolism as they say. Would love some love handles tbf.

Got really ratted about a month ago (Birthday night out with mates who decided 'fun drinks' were to be had) though which meant I fell over backwards down some stairs on a bridge on my way home... hit my coxix, my shoulder, and my head. Could have been 'brown bread' as Smalls would say... lessons etc.... Only just recovered from it. Not funny at all. And I am one to take the piss out of myself pretty easily.

Stay safe guys.. dont get TOO pissed!

Beef Jerky Time!

I went to the doctors earlier and had to fill out some questionnaire on alcohol consumption and it said a score of 5+ and your alcohol consumption is considered high and you should look to cut down, i drink fuck all and scored a 5, what do they consider excessive!

Been drinking a fair bit in the space between finishing my course and getting a job. Most of the time it's either about 6 cans beer/Guinness or one and a half bottles of some form of red wine. Normally I limit it to the weekends, not on school nights.

Even so, I'm thinking about cutting it out for a little while. Few months maybe.

Christ, this post is exciting.

Have you started your job yet Presto?

millsy23 wrote:

Think we should all just hit the theatre.

As long as it's done by 9 Millsy.

Mr Boring wrote:

Today.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Have seen people get sparked out for less in rugby clubs.

Presto wrote:

some form of red wine.

Aldi?

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

one of the many nuances with the chisel is that you can drink and drink  and drink and have the capacity of geoff capes . its when you stop, thats the problem.

boredom and then something to replace it with.

One of it's 'charms', as it were.  You can drink and drink and turn into even a bigger cunt than you were from doing enough chang to hire out a Chinese restaurant, except you're also pissed too.  Quality combo that quickly separates the cunts from normal people.

"Did I tell you about myself by the way?  DID I?!  No?!  Lets talk about meeeeee some more!"

Presto wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Today.

Nice one. How long is your probation?

loopdokter wrote:

"Did I tell you about myself by the way?  DID I?!  No?!  Lets talk about meeeeee some more!"

I don't need gear to do that.

loopdokter wrote:
EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

one of the many nuances with the chisel is that you can drink and drink  and drink and have the capacity of geoff capes . its when you stop, thats the problem.

boredom and then something to replace it with.

One of it's 'charms', as it were.  You can drink and drink and turn into even a bigger cunt than you were from doing enough chang to hire out a Chinese restaurant, except you're also pissed too.  Quality combo that quickly separates the cunts from normal people.

i love you dearly loopy, a man who appreciates the finery of choci , chris liberator, sid shanti  and dave the drummer, commands my respect.

but having read through this children of men thread. i am compelled to ask.... do the blokes wear make up on here.

jesus christ.

flying rhino me up.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Jul 2014 14:10:17)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Amps wrote:

I don't need gear to do that.

Likewise, so you can only imagine when I combine the two. wink

Don't drink too much these days, although over the past few weeks I've been out to see Nick Warren & Hernan Cattaneo, a wedding and spent time with my missus and her best mate, so getting pissed was in order.

Generally-speaking I'll usually have a pint or three after footie on Mondays at my local - which is a dangerous local due to it being just ten strides away.  Outside of that, I'll maybe have four bottles over the course of the week and maybe a glass or two of white zinfandel.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Jul 2014 14:12:17)