Topic: Sasha and Tong B2B tonight on the Essential Mix

A subtle reminder. 12 midnight sharp. Thoughts?

Re: Sasha and Tong B2B tonight on the Essential Mix

Odd pairing.

Got horrific written all over it.

Expect a weekend of bellends using the term 'man like' a lot. A term that is as stupid as it is cumbersome.

I love Tongy's complete devoted worship of 'The Man Like'.

The most cringeworthy thing ever... at least until Brendon's recent eulogising of Suarez.

I saw Tong at Creamfields in 2000, I think it was. He was basically playing all the records Sasha had been playing for three months already, in a different, horribly programmed order, to an utterly disinterested crowd who were expecting Club Anthems Bangaz vol. 16 rather than DJ Garth and Peace Division records.

草泥马

Could be very ugly this.

Hopefully Tongy has a done a Lavelle and let Sasha do all the work, who is hopefully is also doing a Lavelle and has gotten Charlie May to do it all.

The last time I saw Tong was about 8 years ago at Pacha. I managed to get lost on the way to the bogs and somehow ended up a row above the DJ booth, and I thought fuck it I'll watch Pete the master of Ableton do his work. And sure enough Pete had set up so he had about 30 individual channels each with 1 track stretching the width of his Macbook and out into the car park somewhere. It was a bit like watching my mother trying to work out an iPad for the very first time and then giving her TV remote control to type into Google.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

I'll never forgive Los Tongos for playing Samim's Heater at SW4 a few years ago.

Although I have seen him absolutely monster it at Homelands so it's swings and roundabouts.

I also saw Tong at Homelands way back when he came on after Leftfield and was pretty decent considering that Leftfield set was monumental. But then again, 3 hours later I also saw the Devil and danced with him in the moonlight so maybe it was all to do with me being off my chops at the time?

I saw him at Space in Miami a few years ago and  he killed  the momentum of the night/morning...he may of brought  the essential mix and essential selection,  but now he's just a piss stain on the industry as far as I am concerned...it shows how far Sasha has dropped down the rankings...on the bill with two (three) other cunts - Steve Angelo, Above & Beyond...guaranteed a hillsborough with cunts in attendance at privilege..listening more than likley a howler on the tv licence rip off channel

smallman1 wrote:

Got horrific written all over it.

This

Last time I heard a decent set from Tong was Tribal Gathering at Luton Hoo... and that was more down to track selection rather than mixing ability

To sum up, you'll need to be absolutely spangle dangled to enjoy the upcoming horror show that is this Sasha and Pete Tong set.

Welcome to Dance Music, Ed!

Mick Mills maketh a man.

So true.

Fucking atrocious...why doesn't he just fuck off on holiday  with vernon kay and never come back the sync champagne swilling fuckwit

I am on holiday munkyn.

Eds alright, leave him alone.

Great minds Ed...

The old classic!

smallman1 wrote:

I am on holiday munkyn.

Kudos Ed, best place...I'm off  on mine next week sunnying myself in hungary flipping coins at pikeys that walk towards me and catching some vitamin d on the lake

Last edited by munkyn (Saturday Aug 2014 14:59:07)

It's got trainwreck written all over it.... but let's give them a break until we have heard it eh?

Beef Jerky Time!

munkyn wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

I am on holiday munkyn.

Kudos Ed,

Nah mate, Corfu.

Lol

first two tracks from whoever is playing...

Can't Breathe - Physical

Dizzee Rascal - Still Sittin' Here

track wreck already departed...annie mac fuck off

heard Tong at The Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh last year, he was pretty good

glad I could help

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

I think Munkyn has something of a chip on his shoulder.

I was referring to the Sasha and Tong B2B, not the whole EM. I think it could go really well, or really awkwardly... proof will soon out...

Beef Jerky Time!