Topic: Question on Traktor X1 & Z1 when used combined

Is the lack of a jog-wheel/deck going to effect where I want the track to begin or can I use the touch-strip with the same accuracy as I would do with a jog-wheel?

What is the feedback from those that are using this set-up now that the dust has settled since it's release?

Last edited by seanc80 (Tuesday Aug 2014 06:46:18)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Re: Question on Traktor X1 & Z1 when used combined

I haven't used mine for ages, but it was accurate from memory.  I'll dig it out tonight and have a little go and give you some better feedback later on.

I use the computer or cue points to get it where I want it to go.

The touch-strip isn't something I would rely on for cueing.

Thought this was a lower field question.

草泥马

Thanks Grant.

Do you miss the jog wheel function drwho13? Have you ever had issues with finding a track quepoint?

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Wonder what Strudders does?

seanc80 wrote:

Thanks Grant.

Do you miss the jog wheel function drwho13? Have you ever had issues with finding a track quepoint?

I tend to set a lot of cue points before I play tracks so I don't really run into the problem. Also, the visual aspects of the Traktor software makes it relatively easily to find the part of a track you like and set a cue point or points while in the mix.

It's a majorly different experience using just the Z1 + X1 + computer as opposed to actually having some decks or a CDJ in front of you though. Once you get comfortable being a bit "in the box" so to speak it's actually quite easy.

Great, thanks!

Big Fella wrote:

Wonder what Strudders does?

i set cue points and loops manually in Traktor Pro using my laptop

really you're just giving yourself visual markers innit

Dr Who knows the score

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Tuesday Aug 2014 08:14:17)

Plus you can press the midi button and the forward/backwards button to scan . You can also adjust the sensitivity in the midi preferences to make it scan slower. Then you just add the desired cue point as you desire

Love the X1 . Great bit of kit for the money

The touch strip is fine, just been farting around with it and no problems at all.  I didn't realise you can change it and use the whole strip for one deck, that's quite neat.

ok thanks for the responses folks

..binned-off the Numark Sean, or is this just for playing out?

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Yeah Im finding the Eq's on the Numark are not as smooth as are on the Traktor equipment.

One of the main reasons I own so much NI gear (Z1 +X1 + Maschine) is the feel of the stuff.

Cannot be beat for the price

I'm thinking about getting the Surface 3 when it comes out - presumably I can run the windows version of Pro 2 on it?

Also can you link more than 1 device to Pro 2 - or will it be a separate instance running on both?