Topic: Howard Marks RIP

Good guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1192005193/howard2_400x400.jpg

Re: Howard Marks RIP

How did you know him?

".. I felt a very deep level of what progressive architect*engineer really means ...... and the true dimension of how he was always with us .. "  UniversoGus 2010

Spliff Politics cracks me up every time.

I used to play darts with him, Hop_Head. But then his head got blunt.

You fucking dreary cunt.

"Good guy, by what I've managed to pick up from TV, newspapers and the internet".  Doesn't have the same ring to it.  Never mind, just delete this abortion and post a proper tribute so we can alert the family and they can continue to mourn in here with us.

".. I felt a very deep level of what progressive architect*engineer really means ...... and the true dimension of how he was always with us .. "  UniversoGus 2010

fadass wrote:

Good guy.

Top bloke, one of life's gents

erik.b wrote:
fadass wrote:

Good guy.

Top bloke, one of life's gents

Someone said about Fadas. Never.

BedRob voted out. He isn't a racist. But he IS a thicket.

Mr.Nice is a great read also

Someone's just shit in my cornflakes

http://piratebeatboatcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/howard_marks_joint.jpg

Goodbye Mr Nice..The Hallowed gates of perception are now open.

Howard Marks RIP.

The twin Kieth Richards never had.

Changeable. Alterable. Mutable. Variable. Versatile. Mouldable. Movable. Fluctuate. Undulate. Flicker. Flutter. Pulsate. Vibrate. Alternate. Plastic.

fadass wrote:

Good guy.

I know a fair few people who would disagree with that statement. Some of them mentioned in his book.

He was a very clever man whose brain and memory seemed to be enhanced rather than diminished by dope. The one time  met him, I saw him recognise and greet people I was with despite having not seen them for 15 years. But most of the Howard Marks story has been told by Howard Marks,

A game changer no doubt, an incredibly charismatic and interesting person to be around, but there was a trail of destruction left behind him that affected a lot of people.

Well Hop Head, I am basing my opinion on having met him and sat in his company for a few hours. If it weren't for the joke that is "the war on drugs", the guy would have been a writer/comedian. Decent chap all round imo & the world is missing one more good 'un today.

Are you sure you're not the product of a failed abortion? The bad bit like. Clinging onto your ma's womb while they were hoovering the rest out.

Last edited by fadass (Monday Apr 2016 08:13:49)

fadass wrote:

Well Hop Head, I am basing my opinion on having met him and sat in his company for a few hours. If it weren't for the joke that is "the war on drugs", the guy would have been a writer/comedian. Decent chap all round imo & the world is missing one more good 'un today.

Are you sure you're not the product of a failed abortion? The bad bit like. Clinging onto your ma's womb while they were hoovering the rest out.

lol

Marksy regailing the assembled with tales of narrowly avoiding the Moroccan authorities in the 1980s while securing a large haul of hashish, fad countering this with his own tales of the time he couldn't get the Oracle database to reconcile and missed his target SLA by two hours.

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

fadass wrote:

Well Hop Head, I am basing my opinion on having met him and sat in his company for a few hours.

"I was drinking at the same pub he was once".

Gen lol Millsy. He actually sorted an issue I was having with missing archive logs in a 3 site data guard environment.

Shut up Hop Head you spa.

I saw Howard Marks in The Astro one morning as well in fairness

He told me to fuck off when I went over to him though :-(

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

lol

He came to do a talk when I was at Uni and walked out when someone lit up a rooty and got ejected.

Howard Marks that is.

when he saw me he greeted my companion like the old friend he was, and we all went and had a good old chinwag. I've heard a fair few stories today

Me and my companion declined the offer of a stupendously strong joint.

Neither me nor my dad wanted to smoke a joint in front of each other

..'Mr Nice' was a great read. Never got to see any of his talks but I've a few friends who did and they all said he was a nice down to earth and genuine guy when they met him. The Grim Reaper is smashing his yearly quota out of the park early doors this year! #RIP

Never smoked a joint in my life. Wasters drug.

Time to do a Loopy.

Knew him quite well, he stayed at my house a few times and have burnt quite a few bangers with him, easily one of the most charming and intelligent people I've ever met.

His hash joints were like drawing on a bong. Instant whitey.

Sad times

Top KLANG erik.b!

See that Hop Head you prick? See Erik's klang? Stick it up your bollix. Lol.

Last edited by fadass (Monday Apr 2016 20:09:06)

The first time I was in his presence I was still in my
Mothers womb.

Must have been around 1980.

I didn't smoke any reefa with him on that occasion either

Howard Marks is your old man Bens?

Sorry for your loss chief.