Topic: General election 8th June 2017

That's Corbyn and Labour fucked.

Moderate Rock

Re: General election 8th June 2017

Lib Dem.

To think I have to vote for the fucking village idiot to stop this government destroying the country.

Failing that, my Irish passport application is going in.

BedRob voted out. He isn't a racist. But he IS a thicket.

Be interesting to see what happens in Scotland and the SNP in particular.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Lib Dem.

To think I have to vote for the fucking village idiot to stop this government destroying the country.

This could be a monumental moment for the Lib Dems. The simple truth of the matter is that anyone who is opposed to Brexit should vote for them and in four years time, get back to whatever you were interested in. The opposite is to see this country split from the EU "hard". That would take years to turn around....

Jimmy Krankie will be fucking insufferable over the next few months.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it.

roberto wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Lib Dem.

This could be a monumental moment for the Lib Dems. The simple truth of the matter is that anyone who is opposed to Brexit should vote for them and in four years time, get back to whatever you were interested in. The opposite is to see this country split from the EU "hard". That would take years to turn around....

absolutely 100% this ^

Dermatron wrote:

Jimmy Krankie will be fucking insufferable over the next few months.

I think she might get fucked - they lost 10% of their seats in the Scottish elections 18 months ago

Lets hope so. Cannot be doing with her.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it.

Corbs and Krankie asked for it, now they have to live up their word.

lol, good luck.

Doesn't mess with the classics.

Also, May could've done this before she triggered Article 50 - two months will be wasted and we've only 24 of the cunts.

shaunstrudwick wrote:
roberto wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Lib Dem.

absolutely 100% this ^

Vote for a homophobic god botherer? No thanks

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Strategically it is poor for the UK because to have an early election because parties can't align their manifestos with the details/fallout of the Brexit negotiations.

Tactically it is brilliant for the Tory party. There have been a few surprise results over the past year but stick your house (not mine) on the Tories increasing their majority.

Labour and LibDem are unelectable and there is no need to vote UKIP because Article 50 has been triggered.

Tory landslide. UKIP voters will vote Conservative. Labour in absolute fucking chaos and will probably be happy to fail miserably if it gives them leveredge to boot out Corbyn.

Last edited by dutchy101 (Tuesday Apr 2017 13:22:54)

"Corbyn means well but he's a bit shit, that's why I'm going to vote for some rich cunts who want me to die"

Baffles the fuck out of me why Labour and the SNP have already agreed to vote for the General Election in tomorrow's debate - cannot for the life of me see what either of them stand to gain so why hand the Tories the 2/3rds majority they require tomorrow to do what they want...

Anybody help me understand?

smashdad wrote:

Baffles the fuck out of me why Labour and the SNP have already agreed to vote for the General Election in tomorrow's debate - cannot for the life of me see what either of them stand to gain so why hand the Tories the 2/3rds majority they require tomorrow to do what they want...

Because the country has to look united and relatively stable once the Brexit negotiations start so they are doing it to try and drum up foreign confidence in the country?

jamie wrote:
smashdad wrote:

Because the country has to look united and relatively stable once the Brexit negotiations start so they are doing it to try and drum up foreign confidence in the country?

And how does that benefit the Labour Party and/or the SNP?

Common consensus has it that a General Election in June will see the Labour Party finished in its current structure and the SNP cannot effectively improve on their current showing of MPs plus the absolute last thing they want is for Brexit to go ahead at all...

So, I ask again - why have Labour and the SNP already stated that they'll support the Government's request for a General Election on 8th June?  Why the fuck aren't they using the debate tomorrow to strengthen their opposition to this government and doing everything in their power to deny Theresa May the 434 votes she needs to get what she wants?

Nick Sneddon wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:
roberto wrote:

absolutely 100% this ^

Vote for a homophobic god botherer? No thanks

Absolutely 100% this.

smashdad wrote:
jamie wrote:
smashdad wrote:

And how does that benefit the Labour Party and/or the SNP?

Common consensus has it that a General Election in June will see the Labour Party finished in its current structure and the SNP cannot effectively improve on their current showing of MPs plus the absolute last thing they want is for Brexit to go ahead at all...

So, I ask again - why have Labour and the SNP already stated that they'll support the Government's request for a General Election on 8th June?  Why the fuck aren't they using the debate tomorrow to strengthen their opposition to this government and doing everything in their power to deny Theresa May the 434 votes she needs to get what she wants?

because there is a big difference in fucking the tories and fucking the country.

the election in the UK means pretty much nothing to the people in the UK - the general public are apathetic to say the least, however it shows stability to the global markets. Brexit is going ahgead whatever - there's no turning back on it IMO - no party is going to oppose it too much as the people voted and they will appear undemocratic if they oppose it.

If they put up a fight and the FTSE / pound crashes then they will be blamed for it by the Tories and tabloid press.

Plus an argument will make them appear weak to the voters - "We don't want one now as we will lose" - it's obvious they both will under the current leadership and for the Labour party it will be the perfect way to get rid of Corbyn. He will lose massively, Labour will elect a new leader and they can start building a new opposition to the Tories.

The SNP are currently requesting an Independence vote a couple of years after the last one but the English are saying it's too soon.

It would be hypocritical of them to block the Tories' request for a vote so soon after the last one.

May's having an election because Brexit has fundamentally changed things. The SNP may be planning to force her into applying the same logic to an independence referendum. That plan won't work.

Where are we getting the information that Labour are fucked under Corbyn?

Erik, just look at him. That's all the information you need.

Boring wrote:

Wut? Corbyn looks like a haunted tennis ball.

Once you go FLAC. You never go back.

erik.b wrote:

Where are we getting the information that Labour are fucked under Corbyn?

minor details like a 10 year high points gap between lab and cons might have something to do with it....

Boring wrote:

OK.........

Yep......still need actual information though. Sorry I'm a fan of facts.