Topic: Robert Miles

Dead at 47. RIP

His best track was this. Relatively unknown and costs a bomb nowadays.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it  I've just run out of accounts with Bedrock for the password to hack

Re: Robert Miles

Wow, 47 - way too young.  RIP Mr Miles.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

sad news...Rest In Peace Mr Miles

Been reading a few things about old Robert today. Apparently he loved nothing more than a brawl/bar fight and was well known for it!

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it  I've just run out of accounts with Bedrock for the password to hack

Dermatron wrote:

Been reading a few things about old Robert today. Apparently he loved nothing more than a brawl/bar fight and was well known for it!

I guess he didn't always think of the children.

LOL

I was only thinking today how the fuck did that track end up on Platipus label? Pure money spinner totally against the sound of the label. Lets face it Children aged quicker than Jordans piss flaps.

I bet you've just had a cheeky listen to it.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

haha i can assure you i haven't. Proper shite track. Never liked it at the time either.

I'll be your friend was his best track.

R.I.P.

smallman1 wrote:

R.I.P.

Hopefully thats a trollop post young man.

Anyways... RIP, I was 14 when Children was released and I have fond memories of it being part of my dance music catalyst.

Doesn't mess with the classics.

smallman1 wrote:

R.I.P.

One of yours too I would imagine the amount of times you've tried to meet up with board members.

Someone's just shit in my cornflakes

Social butterfly me Mr Rossi.

Do like to move and shake.

whatever you think of that track now, when it came out it was not like anything else before it and actually created a whole new genre - not many tracks that do that. It was never intended to be a cash cow / commercial release either - it was just a melodic track that blew up and made the writer world famous. It may be considered shit now but I bet most people can remember where they were when the first time they heard it.

From what I remember the story behind the track was that in the mid 90's a lot of the clubs in Italy were playing hard and very fast techno which meant everyone was taking loads of speed. As the nights drew to a close the music was getting faster and faster so when it was time to go home the kids would still be rushing off their tits and would get in their cars and drive home as fast as they could resulting in quite a few car crashes and people dieing. Miles wrote Children to be played at the end of the night to calm everyone down and chill them out a bit before they headed home.

The reason it was signed to Platipus was that Simon Berry and Paul Oakenfold were at the same night (I think it was in Orlando) when a DJ dropped the track - the place went wild and everyone went to the booth to find out what it was. Oakenfold wanted the track for Perfecto and made it clear and planned to get onto licensing the track when he got back to London the following day. Berry had a few contacts and made some phone calls from the airport on his way home - I think he had mentioned to miles about how he had written / signed Two Full Moons and a Trout which Miles said he really liked and managed to gazzump Oakenfold to signing the track.

Last edited by jamie (Wednesday May 2017 14:22:20)

interesting tale that. It's definitely a milestone track, whichever way you look at it.

Cue lots of meffs doing their own tribute edits (i.e butchering) on soundcloud.

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

I first heard it in a crap club in Vauxhall (not in the arches) - I'd dropped in the queue, but got turned away for wearing trabbs and had to get a cab to Waterloo and back - I was in a right royal pickle when I eventually got in and that was the second track I heard that night - thought it was brilliant at the time.

RIP Bobby.

A Miles stone track Millsy? Eh, you cunt.

..it was the Guitar Mix I heard played out back in the day, best mix of the lot. I never had the misfortune of hearing the Dream Mix played out thank fook, horrific version - has that kickdrum you normally hear blasting out of a souped up Fiat Punto.

RIP, however

Fairly sure DuFunk drives a Fiat Punto.

Ledge.

I also think Ren 2 was the first CD that you could hear this track on too.

From what I can remember JD included it on there before it got the full UK release? I know my gf at the time and her mates bought Rn 2 specifically because it had Children on it and ended up fans of JD because of everything else on the mix smile

jamie wrote:

I also think Ren 2 was the first CD that you could hear this track on too.

From what I can remember JD included it on there before it got the full UK release? I know my gf at the time and her mates bought Rn 2 specifically because it had Children on it and ended up fans of JD because of everything else on the mix smile

She turned out to be a whore and scoundrel though Jamie

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Local bike.

yep

I've even seen her on the Guardian website Blind date section.

the slut.

Winner

Dogmong 2017

Dermo did you go to Renaissance birthday at Colwick Hall Circa 96 when Diggers was on and  Miles did a PA? Fluffy bloody clouds and a bird I went with who enjoyed far too much of the columbian stuff.

Moderate Rock

Ed went to that one.

Dogmong 2017