Topic: John Digweed in mac exposure :-O

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2 … hndigweed/

Re: John Digweed in mac exposure :-O

Bloody DJs are clueless. Get a Proper Computer ya ginger git!

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

aye, sort him out Gecko. Supports Leeds & use's a mac, it can't get much worse  :shock:

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

A proper computer being??

For audio work you can`t beat an Apple Mac. Just trust me, would I lie to you :?:

a PC

"For audio work you can`t beat an Apple Mac. Just trust me, would I lie to you"

you just have, you could use an Atari ST

Haha, he pulled out the Atari ST card!

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

I knew that was coming...

Yes an the timing of an Atari ST is better than a Mac (way superior to X86/Windows machine)

Yes, the software is now outdated. (and yes, I know that is not always a problem)
But for current usage you need something with  a fast processor, LARGE harddisk, massive amounts of RAM. Then you can really start playing with music.

Mr Moonface only went to a Mac a few months ago, up &till then he did all his productions on a ST with Cubase!!

i remember Robert Miles on Top of the Pops with STE 1040

inspiring stuff that innit..all that 'sending out demos and hearing f#ck all for years' stuff..lesson to us all i think

There are no limits - you can combine all sorts! Somethings are better on one thing than on another. If you are just talking Housey stuff, then macs are prob the best, but if you are a sound engineer then it maybe worth combining all sorts to see whats best suited. Time and money .. I wish I certainly had it !
wink

Good point, the list of my dream studio would be massive (if money was no object)

The point of combing all sorts is a guddun. Base the MIDI round an Atari, then directly record that to the Mac and have that mix it up with the samples (and post production).

However, I could never get used to the Atari interface. Hated it. And I`m a fan of Logic anyway! smile
I`m think of investing in a spanking new Mac. Don`t want one of those cheapy unexpandable iMacs though. Proper G4 machine for me