Topic: Love the Tracks ...

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board so hi! Anyway I'll cut to the chase. I love the records coming off Bedrock [of course] but have a few questions. I am trying to build a personal studio so I can get some tracks out myself and I'm curious the gear these guys are buying to make such amazing tracks. I have used reason but the patches are inferior and I just don't have the mad skills like Holden. If anyone could give me a direction I would appreciate it very much. Thanks to everyone.

- Hartley

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Love the Tracks ...

The idea with Reason is not to use the patches supplied with it, but to create your own. The perfect partner is a copy of Recycle, which cuts up loops and stretches them to the correct BPM. Other than that, it's just a case of taking your time and experimenting until you create something you are happy with.

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

Checkout:

http://www.futureproducers.com/site

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN TALENT...

Anyways, try grabbing yourself a Roland JV1010 and whack a vintage synth board in it... thats a start.
A Yamaha RMX1 might be worth tracking down as well. Has great dancey sounds in it.

(and yes - I have noticed how old this thread is... blimey - on the main board this thread would be about 50 pages back!  lol )