Topic: CD writers

as a dj.... tongue haven't got a pc so can anyone recommend a hi-fi (or portable) cd player/writer (if such a thing exists).

ta very much

DjPLeb  8)   lol

I aim to misbehave.

Re: CD writers

lol  Arent you a 4 deck wizard as well  wink

Go to http://www.richersounds.com

type in Phillips CDR775 (twin cd recorder)

That's the one I bought a few months ago.

It's a very good piece of hardware.

smile

lol  Arent you a 4 deck wizard as well  wink

i'm so glad you typed that correctly  wink

I aim to misbehave.

Thanks mate.......or are you upto 5 now???

Nice bit of kit that - may well have to get that for myself, save lot of hassles & its payday tomorrow  big_smile

Nice bit of kit that - may well have to get that for myself

fnckin 'ell andy - wanna shag me bird too :?:  wink

well, if i had one  :oops:

I aim to misbehave.

as a dj

i thought you were just someone with a lot of records pleb  wink

Good post this Pleb - answered question I had for myself, saves you getting a shitty recorded cassette.

lol  @ xeb

as a dj

i thought you were just someone with a lot of records pleb  wink

oi! i ressemble that remark :?

actually - for your information smarty pants - i haven't even got a lot of records  :oops:  lol

I aim to misbehave.

:lol

you might want to consider instead a portable MD player paul... really useful for recording sets and you also get an MD player out of it (as opposed to getting a CD writer which is only useful as a cd writer).  Get one with LP and you can record up to 5 hours...

to get it onto a CD you then need to access to a puter to record it, but you might be able to do that at work? (thats what i do)

so cd writers don't play :?:  what a frigging con - thats like having a dog and boning the bitch yourself :?

thanx xeb for the worthless advice  wink but i aint got no puter, hence the request for a hi-fi seperate etc  roll

already have a cd player so i don't need another one anyways and an md is just a pain in the arse coz you've still got to transfer it to cd if you want to distribute etc (not that i ever will coz i can't even mix a cake at the mo - but i listen to cd's on the way to work).

you lot wouldn't like what i do anyways - its all over the place, oldskool, drum and bass, prog, disco and house - in fact its not house mate.......its PLebHouse!

PLebHouse trainwrecks Volume 1 - coming soon to a skip near you........

"he was a cop Dj on the edge.........."
:twisted:

I aim to misbehave.

Doesn't MD compress the sound too much though??

I was considering getting the Phillips CDR machine as everytime i've tried to record a set on to MD... the played it through a MD stereo... it just sounds terribly dull??? :?

"A quart of ale is a dish for a king" - William Shakespeare

This thread's hilarious - kudos to Pleb and Xeb especially.

Ive got the CD recorder Nick mentions and have had it for 2 years without any real problems (Very occasionally it looks at me and says 'I have absolutely no idea what you want me to do' but apart from that...). You can get it and be smug about the price now - I bought it for

AUDIO DELUXE EVERY 3rd FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
NEXT: July 18th LUIS PARIS (Paris & Healey / Plastic Fantastic) NIGEL MARCUSSEN
www.audiodeluxe.net

so cd writers don't play :?:  what a frigging con - thats like having a dog and boning the bitch yourself :?

I`m sorry??? Something you wanna share there??

Anyway, the Phillips CD-R is good for home use, audio quality is upto scratch but if you have a little cash to spare then have a look at models from Denon and Marantz. They offer superior quality and more options.

However, I`ve said this before, a PC gives you much more control over the mix (the ability to add FX, edits add things over the top - even tidy the mix up (not that I ever do that)) and since you can pick up reasonably powerful computer for little more that a HIfi CD-R deck (like a 1.2ghz Duron for about 500quid) I recommend it.

Sony are bringing out a twin deck CD recorder for about

if your prepared to shell out extra wedge i think you can get a writer that has outputs (so that it plays out through speakers) and extra inputs too so that you can burn stuff from m.d/tape/vinyl etc onto c.d..........

i think phillips make them actually - not sure :?:  :?:

hey,
iv just bought the philips cdr775 too, it's a twin cd recorder and you can record from any external device.  Richer Sounds do it for