Topic: Is Steve Gerrard any good?

Seen him on Bedrock flyers but never heard him play, does he play a similar style to Digweed etc? I've heard that he plays a bit leftfield. the reason i am asking is that he is playing here in Bristol next month and just wondered if i should be getting excited! :?:

Re: Is Steve Gerrard any good?

yes, he's wicked. Defo try to make the effort to see him smile

his last CD 'Dialogue' was wicked, will post a t/l for you when i find it

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Where abouts in Bristol is he playing :?:

All Brummies make great DJ`s... wink

Nice one, thanks guys, hes playing at the Bristol Academy on the 4th & 26th October. Looks like a decent local night out for a change!  big_smile

Steve's probably the most underrated out of the Dakota bar regulars (Mojo, Zabiela, Lisle, Gerrard). Personally, I think he is the most versatile of those jocks but he dont neccesarily get the credit he is due.

Although he did win Bedroom Bedlam Jock of the year in 2000.

Prog God

Bristol Academy?  roll Nice club, and the sound system is fierce, but if that place isn't completely packed, then it just feels dead - loses any kind of atmosphere. Shame - he needs to play a smaller venue really... (No disrespect to Steve, but the Bristol crowd are very fickle at the moment - if ain't hard house or dnb, they don't really want to know).

Tell me about it! Deep Dish played there in dec 2000 (when it was the Rock) and there were about a dozen people left at the end! Wouldn't blame them if they never came near the place again!

I saw Nick Warren and Sander K around the same time, and by 2/3 in the morning it was just about deserted. Mind you, I saw Red Jerry at Lakota on a Saturday night and 16 people  :shock: turned up. Didn't stay long obviously. Real shame as by all accounts Bristol used to have a wicked prog scene  sad

16 people turned up to Lakota on a Saturday night?
That used to be a very good club (from what I've been told).

Matt - yep, most depressing. And apparently Red Jerry's pay cheque bounced as well...

Rumour has it that Lakota has now gone into receivership and is up for sale.

Lakota used to be amazing, in around '92 - '94 when 1 Love were doing Saturday nights, the atmosphere was unbelievable. Best night ever i can remember was when Sasha played there for the first time (just when he cut his ponytail off) and got to meet him at the end which was cool! But yeah, Bristol these days is a pretty sad place to be, unless like majortom says, you are into hard house or drum & bass  sad

>>
>> Steve Gerrard
>>

One of the best out there... well worth an ear-wig.

Deals with different styles very well indeed.

He is one of our under-rated stars.

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004