Topic: Tribal Sessions @ Sankey's Soap, Manchester - much fun!

I went up to the Tribal Sessions all-nighter at Sankey's in Manchester on Friday. It's great fun. A bunch of friends are regulars there, and it's easy to see why - such a fantastic atmosphere. I haven't been anywhere that's so packed to the rafters with people completely into the music, and all (yes ALL) having such a great time. Lots of love in that place, I tell ya.

Victor Calderone played lots of chunky tribal stuff (too slow for me), Timo Maas made a biiiiig noise (played 'I Feel Love' twice - for over 15 minutes the second time!) and Stanton Warriors were apparently awesome. I couldn't even fit in the room they were playing in though.

We all (15 of us) chose not to sleep after leaving Sankey's and went to Chester Zoo for 10am, where we spent the whole day looking at funny animals. Brilliant! Left there when it shut at 6pm, went to the pub, then decided to go straight to Bugged Out at The Void in Stoke for FC Kahuna and Layo & Bushwacka.

Didn't think it was physically possible to do two nights of clubbing with no sleep in between, but the first tune we heard when we got there was the Josh Wink mix of 'Machine Says Yes', which makes me very happy. Didn't stop dancing until closing time. The Void's full of beer-drinking, shirt-wearing muppets standing in your way on the dancefloor talking to each other, but the music was fantastic. Lots of chunky acidy techno-y breaksy stuff. Had to do that silly 'pretending to tweak a 303 while doing an "oooo!" face' dance lots of the time. smile

A very hard weekend then - was up for over 48 hours straight with most of them spent in a proper state, but was nice to see how they do things north of Camden. Got a bunch of them coming down for Bedrock again on Thursday, so it's all going to start again. Think I need some sleep before then...

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

Re: Tribal Sessions @ Sankey's Soap, Manchester - much fun!

Sankey's

Yes... I was very pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the Manchester crowd when I was there earlier in the year.

VC is doing a monthly resi at Arc/Vinyl in New York... most probs worth a look at that as well.

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

Funky Dung who are you??  My mate Mark from derby and his G/F Jenny went to Chester zoo after Sankeys as well,  did you all go together??

Both of you are strange...

This leads to the question... What are the strangest places people been to after a night out...

A zoo must top the list.

I thought I was being 'rad' if I went shopping or to a cafe... whilst I should be considering sleep.

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

I remember after Creamfields 1999 a few of us spent the day sitting on a tall cliff overlooking a river (i think wales was at the other side), listeneing to Liberator dj's and enjoying a few beers in the sun. We spent most of the day trying to figure out if there was a boat or a building at the other side of the river. To this day I will never know. I think we ended up listening to Welsh radio until the early hours of the morning. Welsh is an amazing language when you are mashed.
However it wasnt a strange place, but certainly the best Ive been after a night out.
We tries to do the same the following year, but fell asleep in a tescos car park, and didnt wake up until later on in the day (that was wierd falling asleep in a disserted carpark, then waking up in the middle of a packed sunday shopping carpark. i dont think people were too happy with us as we took up about 5 spaces with our dodgy parking and doors wide open!!)

arent memories great, even if u cant remember them.

Funky Dung who are you??  My mate Mark from derby and his G/F Jenny went to Chester zoo after Sankeys as well,  did you all go together??

Ha ha! Yeah, I was with Mark and Jenny and a whole big bunch of other twats. He's coming down for Bedrock again on Thursday, isn't he? My name's Ed. I probably met you at the last Bedrock. In the Griffin.

Spooky!  big_smile

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

One of the best clubs in the country. No question.

Lush sound system and top 'no attitutude lets have a bit of fun' people.

Been there a few times this year and its class everytime.

Ha ha! Yeah, I was with Mark and Jenny and a whole big bunch of other twats. He's coming down for Bedrock again on Thursday, isn't he? My name's Ed. I probably met you at the last Bedrock. In the Griffin.

Spooky!  big_smile

Funky Dung

Nice one Ed!! See you Thursday!  I think I met you last time in the Griffin although I am shite with names and faces....mine is Simon.  Mark is coming down for deffo with Alistair, did you meet him last month??

C U then!  big_smile

Re: Jonathan Lisle..

Cant argue with your comments either, I went up for Lawler and Plump DJS and had probably my best night this year....but then I think clubbing in the North is better in general!!

The sound system at Sankey's is AWESOME. It's the Phazon from ex-Home in London, isn't it? Bloody hell, it's big - flipping loud, but so lovely and clear. Bass noises rumble your bowels but leave your ears in one piece (two pieces?).

I love the way it's obvious the sound system's from a club about four times the size of Sankey's, but they've just put it on the four corners of a dancefloor half the size of the Star Bar's. Brilliant stuff! Stand in the middle of that and you get completely lost in sound. And smoke. smile

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

3stripes,I was with the Dungster and the big bunch of fools at Chester Zoo after Tribal last weekend,too and enormous fun it was!Think we met you beforehand at thr Griffin prior to last month's Bedrock and didnt se you for most of the night.

Will be meeting up with Mark,Wendy,Tez and anyone else that can be bothered to tag along this week.Looking forward to it.....see you there!

Ahhhhh.....yes!!!  All coming back to me now!!  Mark is definately down for it along with Wendy and Tez etc so will see you b4 hand for deffo!!  I was wondering around like a buffoon last month cos I was a bit spangled, alongside a serious lack of sleep the night b4! lol

should be more on the ball tommorow tho  roll