Topic: Genre Bashers

I was reading www.tracklistings.org this morning and was @#%$ disgraced at the amount of abuse fergie gets on that website. i'll admit that the music fergie plays whether you call it hard house/techno/trance isn't the most intelligent music.

but people need to understand the function of the music. it's music that you get hammered to and dance like a nutter in a club. so what if it the beats are ugly at least they are driving and make people dance.

the reason that the people who slate him, mainly prog house fans, is because they arent experiencing it in the right atmosphere. if i'm at home on a friday night then instead of listening to fergie (my favourite dj) i'll listen to digweed on kiss fm because i love progressive house and it's a lot more suited to bedroom listening. on september the 6th in brighton, fergie is playing @ the pussycat club and digweed is playing 200m away @ bedrock. it's a hard decision but i will probably go to see fergie as in a club atmosphere i think harder driving music is better.

djs like fergie and jules are often critisced for being cheesy, but it's not their fault that the music they like is the music the mainstream market are into.

besides people call fergie a trance/hard house dj, as he was a year ago, but now he's a tribal techno style dj.

sorry to rant and im not accusing any of you of this, i just think its @#%$ how prog house and funky house fans seem to always condemn more mainstream music.
<i></i>

Re: Genre Bashers

"djs like fergie and jules are often critisced for being cheesy, but it's not their fault that the music they like is the music the mainstream market are into"

-----------------------------------------------------------

The music they choose to play out is popular for a reason and above all, they know it! I dont know if terms such as popular and mainstream are directly related to shite music, but somehow record labels are responsible for such a conclusion. People who ditch hard house/eurotrance dont ditch the genre, they simply oppose to the music circulated within those limitations. For instance if a hard house producer managed to come up with a brilliant track I would give it a listen, give it a play perhaps...But the way dance music is so orientated these days thats not likely to happen!
<i>Edited by: dspp at: 8/25/02 7:39:32 pm
</i>

Fergie is DJing now?!

I know the red-haired, horsey slapper couldn't cut it as a TV presenter, surely bringing up the lovely Beatrice is more than enough for her?
<i></i>

i dunno...

i quite like a bit of hard house now and then...

fsnl

sparky

eo: Deep Dish feat. Praha - The Dream
<i></i>

that light is james zabiela!!

with his funky/prog/breaky/scratched-up beats

hard house is alright - but those music fans just get tooooooooo spannered!

oh yeah

S&D are alright to

<i></i>

Fergie/Judge Jules/all the other tossers play shite music. As soon as I started to appreciate the music, I turned my back on 'the hard @#%$' because it doesn't cut the mustard, musically. And Digweed rocks the f*cken house just like any good DJ, you don't 150BPM, nose-bleed inducing squealing 303's to make you dance, unless you've just railed a gram of meth, the rest of can jump around quite comfortably @ 130 thankyou very much.
<i></i>

I have a few Antipodian friend who sometimes drag me to hard house nights. The reasons that I prefer prog are:-

1. Prog is at a sensible speed. When the night starts at 150bpm, you just get tired very quickly.

2. The sets don't go anywhere. They don't build. There's not enough of a musical element in the music.

3. The crowd are often too obsessed with getting completely spannered, rather than listening to the music.

4. Lab 4 (I say no more)

On the other hand, hard house has a few advantages over prog:-

1. Lots of nice girls.

2. Less coke snorting, up their own ass, pretencious twats.
<i></i>

Last time I was at bedrock in Brighton breaking some bedrock cherrys with a mate who i hadn't seen for 2 years, he was moaning that Anne savage was playing at the zap and he would prefer that. Suffice to say he was pleased by diggers and didn't look back. I will admit that i like some of the harder house stuff, especially the eurotrance, (still maintain that danny ramplings love groove dance party cds were some of the best ever, and my first ever mix cds that i brought) but it just doesn't cut the mustard when at 2am you are hearingthe sme stuff as you will be hearing at 4 am. On my single trip to bagleys I herad the same tune about 5 times in a night in the same room. i am going to sound really stupid for saying this, but prog is more of a journey (although i wish the end of it would stop being wavy fvcking gravy - enough already make the last tune something psecial and differnt, something to surprise us with).

Second pouint relates to stephan k's ridiculous libido. there are more fit birds in hard house, but like most hard house fans they are unable to string more than 2 syllable together because of the quantity of drugs they have taken and their already limited IQ. Fit but not brains aint good enough for the atmosphere in a club. i like the pretentious introspective up our own arse pseudointelectualism that accompainies prog. i tallows me to talk a lot more sh!t when I've necked a few too many love cookies and people cratch their chin and say 'yes benson, that is an interseting point. Sorry what did you just say agian mate?' I LOVE IT
<i></i>

Loop Music Mix Show

http://www.loop-music.co.uk

It's true - I've never met fiercer genre-bashers than the prog crowd.  It sux having to keep groups of friends separate.  Whatever happened to open minds?
<i></i>

I remember the days (quite a long time ago) when you could go to a club and hear house, prog, and hard house all in one night. Havn't things changed.

Mind you, hard house wasn't quite as bad in those days. It was just "harder" house, rather than awful 160bpm hoover noise like it is today.
<i></i>

I have always been ditching Oakie after a certain point in time, but when Eurotrance was actually audible or at least when I didnt know any better (back in the days) the Tranceport 01 cd was on top of my list!

Though they didnt call it Euro instead of Hard Trance and that is enough to understand the difference in music. Eurotrance surfaced when people like Oakie and the whole Hard Trance scene where caught in the mainstream coz of the popularity involved and we all know where it took of from there....
<i>Edited by: dspp at: 8/26/02 11:57:26 am
</i>

lol this is good stuff:

"And Digweed rocks the f*cken house just like any good DJ, you don't 150BPM, nose-bleed inducing squealing 303's to make you dance, unless you've just railed a gram of meth, the rest of can jump around quite comfortably @ 130 thankyou very much."

hahahahaha

i suppose that sums up why we got genre bashing.  people just like different types of music.  to me hard house is @#%$.  people that say "u should never say music is @#%$" are kidding themselves if u ask me... because i hear something different to them.  if i dont like it then i can call it @#%$.  can u imagine how @#%$ sasha is to an ambient fan? well i tell u how @#%$... i was speaking to a guy on efnet trying to get him to listen... it ended up in something like "@#%$ off and dont speak to me again"... hahahaha.  oh well... one can only try  ~

its all part of the music industry and fergie will have know that b4 he got into his current job.  lets face it humans are horrible creatures... we scratch and bully and wave our fists like other savage beasts that roam about in the wild... only thing that seperates us from them is we are more intelligent... but still not enough to want to understand anything other than what we can be bothered  ~

BASH BASH BASH

Mc

<i></i>