Topic: Hanover Grand

Can someone confirm this please?

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Re: Hanover Grand

I think it's closed, or closing very soon. Shame, never been there, and it recently had a very good Opus sound system  sad

does anyone know why??

Yeah, the guy that has had the lease hasnt paid his rent for some time now, and the owners of HG have decided that they dont wish it to be a club anymore, so basically its been left until they decide what they are gonna do with it!

Those who were dancing looked quite insane to those who could not hear the music!!

Space
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up, burnt out and loudly proclaiming, Wooo Hoo, what a ride!!!

thanks Spacey, do you reckon it'd still be available for a private party??

Is the Hanover Grand?
open
shut
closing down
shit

you missed one Steve.

I heard that they are redeveloping the whole block in to offices and the club will not be re-opening.
The same has happened at the velvet rooms I think. They are flattening the whole building and putting up a new block of offices.

Ben

Britney....don't do it, he is not good enough.

Hanover Grand was quality smile one of my finest clubbing moments was there falling down the stairs trying to moonwalk to the "Bare Necessities"

they'll come to you........ they'll come to you

Ben right Steve. They cant flatten Hanover due to the historical and architectural signif of the building...but rumour says it will become offices again.

Sad really coz its stunning inside, but it lost its way club wise some time ago!

Those who were dancing looked quite insane to those who could not hear the music!!

Space
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up, burnt out and loudly proclaiming, Wooo Hoo, what a ride!!!

thanks you people smile

the plan was cunning, but the hounds just gotta hold of it

Used to be a regular at Malibu Stacy back in the day when Glam clubbing was the in thing. Used to play some wicked prog back then, as well as your handbag house etc.

One night there I had this bloke come up to me convinced that I was Teddy Sheringham. Introduced me to his girlfreind and everything.

Prog God

did you sign an autograph??

I heard Jules drop Xpander and Heaven Scent in there! :laugh

Meanwhile (somewhat unrelated) you can buy a piece of and live inside the Hacienda in Manchester, as the Hacienda Apartments have been developed and are up for sale...

"Everybody listening producing and last not least djing this. I'm back to the underground mates. Back to old school rock 'n' roll." - MateGreen Esq.

Hacienda Apartments?
Tell me you're joking!

I kid you not, mate. Was back home in Manc weekend before last and was astounded to see what had sprung up and around that legendary site. Never made it to the sales office though...

"Everybody listening producing and last not least djing this. I'm back to the underground mates. Back to old school rock 'n' roll." - MateGreen Esq.

It will be a great shame to see it close down.

Hanover Grand was my first clubbing experience in london. Thumping sound system, and a brilliant crowd.  :cry: