Topic: Pole Folder - Dust (James Zabiela Mix)

The boy wonder weaved some twistedness on this indeed.

Re: Pole Folder - Dust (James Zabiela Mix)

And when are the rest of us likely to hear it....  wink

Be sure to check out James's latest Groovetech set when it is archived on their site. It's on there.. about 2hrs 30 into the mix.

fook me... i gots to have some of that!!

any idea if its gonna get a release?

No idea.
The Original is obviously going to be along with remixes from Fretwell and Flash Brothers. Guess that leaves one remix to fill the 2x12, which could either be Pole Folder's own club mix of James's mix.

All shall be revealed soon enough.

I have just heard some news re: Dust. Check below.

Disc 1
Original Mix
Flash Brothers Remix

Disc 2
Fretwell Remix
Pole Folder & CP Club Remix

Disc 3
James Zabiela Remix
Fretwell Dub

Release date: Late November 2002

Nice won! big_smile

Looks like I'll have to purchase all three fricken discs!!! wink

there must be some mistake i didnt mean to let them take away my soul am i too old is it too late

i heard tone depth did a remix of dust too, is it getting release ??

@progsounds... a little help !!  big_smile

No. Tone Depth and Ambient mixes of Dust are not being released.

what an astonishing package, can't wait for this! i'll b getting all 3 discs.

James played this in a recent gig in Athens and was very rolling indeed, nice club feel. Definetly a must-by! smile

i must say that i was *gasp*disappointed*gasp* with zabiela's mix on this one... the original is an absolutely stunning piece of music -- definitely one of the best tunes of the year, but i find that zabiela's interpretation bores me... strange. in his defense, i did love his "remind me" remix from way back when wink

[img]http://64.246.24.64/images/smilies/slayer.gif[/img]

Know what you mean ryan. I think it is alright, but I would have rather had the ambient mix (I supposed the fretwell ones are quite nice and chilled...). The best bit of the J.Z one for me is when it all drops out and there is just the drums, but you get this all the way through the original. Original is definately the best in my opinion.

i agree, JZ's mix didn't do much for me at all, just a plain standard chugger, nothing special at all. If Joe Bloggs had made this i don't even think people would have noticed. Please form an orderly queue if you are going to have a go at me for his....................

Darren Adam & Andy Hunter present Atomic Beats
Date: Next show 7th December 2004 with guests Piliavin & Zimbardo (Distraekt records)
Time: 12-2pm PST // 3-5pm EST // 8-10pm GMT
Place: www.eccentricbeats.com

i agree on this about the JZ mix, i got without listening to it 1st, that'll teach me won't it sad

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Personally, I think the JZ mix is awesome.  It sounds nothing like the original, and I don't think it can be compared to the original in any way.  It is pretty much a mash up bootleg with almost nothing to do with the original. 

I have a couple of good mixes with it, and everytime I play it people love it.  It is a slamming tune, and is indifferent from almost all of my records.

I guess it is just a matter of taste

thats my opinion---

"I may not be Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make your Bed Rock!!"

Don't you just love it when Belgian people start to make some music

lol

Don't you just love it when Belgian people start to make some music

lol

I was sick as a dog when these came out and I was never able to get over to Satellite to attain any of the discs. Now when I go looking for it, they're sold out everywhere. Can't beleive I missed such a set of chons.
:evil: