Topic: Danny Tenaglia unhappy with ARC

Danny Tenaglia has revealed on his fansite that he has exceeded his limits in trying to go along with the "Arc" program, formely known as Vinyl, the club in New York where he hosts his weekly "Be Yourself" nights. Danny said: "I, Danny Tenaglia, will not return to Vinyl/Arc until I am 100% absolutely sure no one will dare step one foot in the Amp room and mess with "my" levels. I do not need no noize police telling me how loud to play because their job is to keep me at a certain decibels... To me, it's just disco scientist bullshit!!". Besides a terrible distorted sound in the Amp room at Arc last Friday, the neighbors are still complaining as well. Danny said he was told about the sound policy at Arc but had no idea it was that bad.

Seems serious???
<i>Edited by: bald0ne at: 8/29/02 8:42:04 am
</i>

Re: Danny Tenaglia unhappy with ARC

Danny's throwing his 'love' around 'eh?

The DJ's must be rebelling, first Coxy now DT.

"help help, I'm being oppressed"   
<i></i>

Arc is not in a residential area as such... though Americans can live in anything and anywhere.

I can see what has happened...

When the Warm-ups play... they are on level 7 or something...

As soon as DT comes on to the decks... he whacks it to full volume... quite often it is a little bit too loud to be honest.

You see a few people holding their ears.

Someone would have decided to cap it for once...
---

Ajos1 The Desperate Retired OAP<i></i>

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

Whenever Tenaglia used to DJ at Home, the volume was usually way too loud, over 120dB. It is not the volume that is important, it is the clarity, and cleanless of the sound that should be the priority. As long as the sound is crystal clear, and about average club volume 110dB, then there is no need to  damage the clubbers ears by putting the volume any higher. 
<i></i>

Being deaf is one thing, being dumb is another or should i say numb? Nevermind...
<i></i>

if you can't stand the noise - get outta the disco 

<i></i>

I aim to misbehave.

Further to this, DT has confirmed that he WILL be playing this week - so either he's resolved his differences or just can't face the thought of not playing   Hopefully it's all sorted.
<i></i>

The differences must have been solved then because he follows through with his threats. Just ask the former Groovejet.

<i></i>

yeah mate....hope so for your sake...

November will be mad for you lot   
<i></i>

what most people odnt realize isthat new york has really cracked down on theclubs.  it  sux now . no  clubs can be to big because as  soon as one person gets caught with drugs it shuts down. the city has revoked caberet liscences quite  often as of late (twilo<etc)and even blocked the "cream" club from comin to town. tunnel was turned into a jail cell ofa club.

blah

the only thing i can say is that i really the late  nights and earlymornings of diggers and alex  at twilo.  please come back  guys

<i></i>

He played on Fri night & destroyed the place from all accounts..........Was very happy with sound quality & loudness   
<i></i>