Topic: Best mix CD ever

After reading the Best GU CD thread, I'd like to take it further and see what really stands out from the sea of compilations out there. Ive stuck to what I know and been addicted to Bedrock, Renaissance and Global Underground for a few years now, but havent really branched out from these labels. Any suggestions?

Re: Best mix CD ever

still can't work out which I prefer between Northern Exposure 1 Disc 1 and Northern Exposure 2 Disc 1.

However, as for the ultimate mix CD. Just as with favourite tracks, I can not just pick the one.

However, some of my faves include:

NE1:North
NE2:East
James Holden Balance CD1
GU009 Disc 1
GU013 Disc 1
Jon Lisle OS2
Chris Fortier Bedrock
GU024 Disc 1
Renaissance 1

Re: Best mix CD ever

i gotta throw expeditions on that list. too smooth to ignore. timeless tracks.

ian ossia- renaissance CD is Phenomenal. sounds better today than when i first heard it. god i miss DJ's who did it all in an uplifting manner.

strength comes not from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will.- ghandi.
http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/ima … 1145806337
http://gifdepot.com/albums/Animals/Shes … repuke.gif
[img]http://www.bigfootencounters.com/files/mk_davis_pgf.gif[/img]

Re: Best mix CD ever

I'm playing with Ian on Friday, cant wait

The first disc of JVM's bedrock is up with the best of them for me, Seems to be massively under-rated IMO

Check my mixes & upcoming releases here: http://soundcloud.com/newlandandy

Re: Best mix CD ever

here here, nightstalker, floppy sounds, ecvm, heavy fluid...

cracking blooody mix

Re: Best mix CD ever

my favourites, in no particular order are;

Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure 1
Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure 2
Sasha - GU9
Sasha - GU13
Chris Salt - Fear 3
James Holden - Balance 5
Anthony Pappa - Balance 6

Re: Best mix CD ever

try the fabric series. some real underated gems in that series

Re: Best mix CD ever

I have a few CDs I can't get over:

Northern Exposure (all of them)
Communicate
Sasha - GU009 & 013 & Involver
Digweed - GU014 & 019 & MMII & Bedrock
James Holden - Balance 5
Tyrant 1, 2 & 3
Sven Vath - Second Season CD 2
Sven Vath & Richie Hawtin - Third Season
Laurent Garnier - Excess Luggage
Ken Ishii - Fast Forward And Rewind (X-Mix)
Coldcut - 70 Minutes Of Madness
Amon Tobin - Solid Steel
DJ Krush - Back In The Base
Jonathan Lisle - Original Series 02   big_smile

I really enjoy Fabric CDs, but I don't tend to go back to them after a while... not very often anyway. Cool series though. I enjoyed Akufen's recent one quite a lot, and the Baby Mammoth, Beige & Solid Doctor one was really good too. And Digweed's... that was good too... smile

Looking forward to Digweed's new Choice CD.  8)

there must be some mistake i didnt mean to let them take away my soul am i too old is it too late

Re: Best mix CD ever

I'm playing with Ian on Friday, cant wait

The first disc of JVM's bedrock is up with the best of them for me, Seems to be massively under-rated IMO

couldnt agree more mate, the first half of that cd is some proper deep progressive tunage...perfect in a dark & druggy club... 8)

"I'll tell you something for no price"

Re: Best mix CD ever

Pete Tongs essential selection ibiza 99 special edition

Im not joking cd 2 is one of my favorite mix cds of all time. First time id ever heard xpander. Thats why. That and several others (Brother brown feat frank e,  and a whole lot of breeder)


have to say, though, Gu 9 was a big one. both cd's (in particular 1) are amazing.

soundcloud.com/jonnyrebel

Re: Best mix CD ever

Of Course NE1 & 2

Sasha San Francisco side 2

And no CD collection is complete without Dave Pearce-Euphoria!!!!!!!!!!


M

I think I've made Dermo's shit list...am I famous now?

Re: Best mix CD ever

This  is a tough choice. My favorite though

Northern Exposure 1 & 2
Renaissance Mix Collection 1
Sasha-GU:San Francisco
John Digweed-GU:Los Angeles
Danny Howells-Nubreed

if I'm the man,
Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that f*ckin' finger up your ass.

Re: Best mix CD ever

For the best mixed CDs you cant beat Digweed and Hernan Cattaneo imo.

For me Digweed's Fabric release was amazing.. not to mention Los Angeles and his other GU releases.

I also really enjoyed Cattaneo's Perfecto realese South America (i know perfecto.. amagine that!) That is flawless mixing right there!

Another DJ that really stands out to me as far as mixing is concerned is Josh Wink. You should check out some of his mixed stuff (along with his produced stuff too, its all good). His Profound Sounds series was excellent imo.

And then of course you have all the other classics.. Northern Exposure, Rennanisance, GU, Fabric ect..

cheers!!

Re: Best mix CD ever

I also really enjoyed Cattaneo's Perfecto realese South America (i know perfecto.. amagine that!) That is flawless mixing right there!

I agree too about Cattaneo's South America. Especially cd2 ..... and among the tp 5 are always the 2 Northern Exposures and Communicate imo.

Renaissance side, i still prefer the first triple one Sasha & Diggers, 10 years back!

Re: Best mix CD ever

Well a definitive answer depends on mood...  However don't think you can get away from:

GU014
Involver
Renaissance worldwide: Singapore disc 3 (BT)
Bedrock Fortier
Bedrock Diggers
Underwater Vol 1 Disc 1
Brothers Gonna Work It Out
FabricLive 01
OS_01


For starters...

Re: Best mix CD ever

....aa... hello smile
/
mix CD >
/ response - Ashley Cassele
/ south america - Hernan Cattaneo

Re: Best mix CD ever

....aa... hello smile
/
mix CD >
/ response - Ashley Cassele
/ south america - Hernan Cattaneo

each to their own :shock:

Check our my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/cjb001

Re: Best mix CD ever

Jez wrote:

my favourites, in no particular order are;

Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure 1
Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure 2
Sasha - GU9
Sasha - GU13
Chris Salt - Fear 3
James Holden - Balance 5
Anthony Pappa - Balance 6

Nice list Jez!  big_smile  cool

Re: Best mix CD ever

Jonnyrebel wrote:

Pete Tongs essential selection ibiza 99 special edition

Im not joking cd 2 is one of my favorite mix cds of all time. First time id ever heard xpander. Thats why. That and several others (Brother brown feat frank e,  and a whole lot of breeder)


have to say, though, Gu 9 was a big one. both cd's (in particular 1) are amazing.

The E Mix 99 is one of my faves as well. Way Out West's mix of Nothing left mixing into Xpander followed by Under The Water, HAT TRICK! lol, class CD. Disc one's superb as well until he plays the Launch, then it all goes a bit Pete Tong! lol. As for the best mix CD ever, well I'll be here forever contemplating that one! My personal fave at the mo though is Hernan's Sequential.

I'm the Barron, I'm evil!

Re: Best mix CD ever

thesightless wrote:

i gotta throw expeditions on that list. too smooth to ignore. timeless tracks.

ian ossia- renaissance CD is Phenomenal. sounds better today than when i first heard it. god i miss DJ's who did it all in an uplifting manner.

hear hear....top mix

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

Re: Best mix CD ever

dave seaman - renaissance masters series 'awakening'

especially the second disc smile

Motion - Voyager
Clearwater - Ocean Wave
Melon Kolic/Up in Flames [Acapella 1] - Shaker, Satoshi Tomiie
Skidaddle - Gloat
Andalucia [Natious Dub] - Amethyst
Interference - Gilbey, Anthony Pappa
Moments of Space - Odessi
She Does [Quivver's Mix] - Stoneproof
Backstabber - DJ Remy
G-13 - Ritmo
Arzamas-16 - Nervasystem
Dreaming [Album Mix] - BT

Re: Best mix CD ever

rich cartwright wrote:

Skidaddle - Gloat

cooooool

Re: Best mix CD ever

Electronik Vibe wrote:

For the best mixed CDs you cant beat Digweed and Hernan Cattaneo imo.

For me Digweed's Fabric release was amazing.. not to mention Los Angeles and his other GU releases.

I also really enjoyed Cattaneo's Perfecto realese South America (i know perfecto.. amagine that!) That is flawless mixing right there!

Another DJ that really stands out to me as far as mixing is concerned is Josh Wink. You should check out some of his mixed stuff (along with his produced stuff too, its all good). His Profound Sounds series was excellent imo.

And then of course you have all the other classics.. Northern Exposure, Rennanisance, GU, Fabric ect..

cheers!!

I agree too about Cattaneo's South America. Especially cd2 ..... and among the tp 5 are always the 2 Northern Exposures and Communicate imo.

Renaissance side, i still prefer the first triple one Sasha & Diggers, 10 years back!
__________________
custom neon sign
Garda map

Re: Best mix CD ever

Following are my most favorite

Renaissance Mix Collection 1
Sasha-GU:San Francisco
Andalucia [Natious Dub] - Amethyst
Interference - Gilbey, Anthony Pappa
Moments of Space - Odessi

Re: Best mix CD ever

GU13
GU24

Still have lots to discover