Topic: J Lisle at Deeper Substance last night

What an excellent set by Jonathan Lisle last night. Definately one of the best sets I've heard this year, with some great tunes. Good to see Andy, Miss Jenny, Gecko, Ajos and many others who I can't remember their names.   

I had three people wanting to buy that t-shirt from me during the course of the night. 
<i></i>

Re: J Lisle at Deeper Substance last night

big thanks to all those that came down and to Jonathan and Alex as well who played a peasrler of a set too

ajos, how have the pictures come out buddy?
<i></i>

Busted my toe coming out of the shower and tried to come, but got to the end of the road and decided I wasn't walking, let alone dancing anywhere. Sounds like I missed some fun though.   Plus was very tired from the night before so fell asleep watching parenthood at 11:30.
<i></i>

Loop Music Mix Show

http://www.loop-music.co.uk

Thanks mate. Demi always puts on a good night and that was alot of fun. Him and Alex both played excellent sets and we all had a right laugh.

Cheers Demi!

Jonathan

<i></i>

Andy 'I'm looking forward to an easy weekend' Newland turned up, did he?
<i></i>

What a quality, quality night...........

Have to say that was the best set I've heard Jonathan play......The last few tunes were just insane & great finish with some old skool tunes 

Yes - I was out Dunc & my hangover yesterday was really quite obscene...good night though
<i></i>

missed it unfortunatly 

can blame my flatmate turning up with a bag of mushrooms for that 
Coded @ Escape Club, Brighton...

this sunday: Rob Duffy, Pat Goodall & Neil Stuckey, Me<i></i>

That was the first time seeing Mr Lisle in action, and he certainly lived up to expectations. A quality night, although didnt have enough money or energy to go to Tyrant afterwards........next time
<i></i>

My friend & I left at half ten to try fabric, but I really wish I hadn't. I really liked what Lisle was spinning in the first half hour of his set, at last a DJ that knows a thing or two about good dance music.

Fabric was bad, I'm never going there on a saturday again. It hurts to know you left somewhere like that for a night that was vibeless and full of boring people.

does anyone know when jon lisle is next playing in london?

Roll on Fabriclive on friday   
<i></i>

Yeah, my first time to Deeper substance and the quality was outstanding.  Mr Lisle played a phenomenal set, and in John's own words, "Demi's the man!".  Also - cheers Gecko for all your help and Ihatefridays too.
<i></i>

No worries Jon.......See you at Bedrock.

Superb stuff........Not sure when hes playing again in London but be worth checking out
<i></i>

I'll go out of my way to hear this guy properly now, will also try to get to next deeper substance and stay there for the night.
<i></i>

Tyrant at fabric is my favourite night out.

Was u pissed again karnaK ??
<i></i>

'Lets have a game of basketball....without a ball and without the baskets....'

First time I've been to Tyrant...

tunes were great...

crowd was indeed utter shite...

pushed, shoved, stood on, elbowed, etc etc

I am hoping it's not always that bad...
<i></i>

What time did you stay till, ben ??

The @#%$ crowd usually buggers off home at about 3ish.
<i></i>

'Lets have a game of basketball....without a ball and without the baskets....'

Did that boat party til 2am, then walked up to Fabric, so I didnt arrive until 3am or just after...and stayed til sometime after 7am...

*somehow I was so trashed that I approached Fabric from the north - walked right past it somehow 

Crowd was mostly guys, pushing and shoving the whole time...the 2nd room had Technasia, which was the same sort of crowd, maybe a few more Euorpeans...just very rude overall....

I never let the crowd get to me to much though..so I'll be back at Tyrant soon 

Caught up with little Ben briefly aswell...

Overall still a good night for me
<i></i>

Room 2 at fabric was absolutely banging on Saturday night. Nothing wrong with a bit of techno, techno, techno, and a few lasers.
<i></i>

yes very hard indeed, but quality all the way...

watching that dude DJ was amazing...so frickin quick
<i></i>

The crowd was the main reason, it was poor compared to the friday night madness. Girls weren't good either

Music was O.K. the techno room was good for the first four hours but got too packed and the music was repetitive. It would take a lot of persuading to get me there again.

I wish I had been pissed may have enjoyed it more.
<i></i>

anybody?
<i></i>

Delayed my Important journey to Edinburgh by 2 days to see JLisle...

When snapping away... I was impressed by the attention to detail with the mixing.

Even Danny Howells seems like a "chuck them on the decks" merchant compared to the 100% perfect record of JL that night. Such concentration... most impressed and I rarely tell people what I feel.  (Sorry Danny if you read this... don't take it the wrong way!).

Photos... being sorted... difficult to get good ones as did not find good slots of time... without it upsetting the concentration.

Photos will appear soon.
---

Ajos1 The Retired OAP In South Africa<i></i>

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

It was brilliant !!

Best I've heard Jonathan play.....

Was a Deeper Substance virgin til last Saturday but I like it!

<i></i>

I guess to some DJs getting compliments like these is no big deal but let me tell you that this sort of thing is pure f#cking inspiration to me.

Thanks. I really f#cking appreciate it.

<i></i>

Jonathan I'll only give you credit when you play a DJ set in a Newcastle top....   

Looking forward to hearing you play sometime mate.
<i></i>

Looking forward to doing Deeper Substance again, it's been far too long.
<i></i>