Re: Bedrock September, Creamer And K

"Creamer was good, mixing was tight."

Are you sure you weren't in The Star Bar?

Have to agree that the night was far more enjoyable than the chaos last month, regardless of Creamers set.
<i></i>

why's that?

i thought that the hour played before jxl was good.  he may not have sasha or digweed's capabilities when it comes to mixing, but none the less everyone on the dancefloor seemed to enjoy it and he did keep the crowd going.

he also had jxl and digweed after him, so i wouldnt have expected anything better.
<i></i>

Got in to Heaven near the beginning of Creamer's set. I couldn't understand why the dancefloor was so empty although it didn't take me long to find out why. I thought the idea of him playing this month was to promote his new Bedrock compilation so people would go out and buy it. If anyone goes to buy it on the basis of that set alone then they have money to waste because he was crap. Simple as that.

The Star Bar was good I thought. Farley et al were playing some nice tunes to get things going but didn't stay too long as I wanted to see Junkie XL. I thought he was okay. Played a few good tunes that got the crowd jumping but also a few that did nothing for me. I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I may have done because I was just waiting for Diggers to come on while being very conscious of the time. Digweed was the highlight of the night without question. Top set. 
<i></i>

Creamers set did absolutely nothing for me. Just like the new compilation.

I heard a few horrendous mixes, the set as a whole was uninspiring and I think if you're playing the Main Room at Bedrock, that's unacceptable.

Horses for courses though, if you enjoyed it, fair enough.
<i></i>

My pictures and Mindspaces review of the last Bedrock are now up on xpander.nl. You may notice a few familiar faces.

<i></i>

Tania, shave those armpits.

Stephen, why aren't there any shots of you in that rather fetching sleeveless number?

<i></i>

Considering the usual temperature of Heaven, sleeveless tops are a pretty good invention!
<i></i>

(Alright RobDJ  )<b><i>Quote:</i></b> Creamer was so dire it was painful. I really did want to give the guy a chance, but when you play bland tunes and trainwreck for nearly 2 minutes you really dont deserve to play at Bedrock, let alone the main roomAnd some promoters are wondering why numbers are down in the bigger clubs....

Don't get this whole "I'm-a-dj-therefore-i-must-dj-out" philosophy.... I've heard report after report tearing into the quality of Creamer's sets.... It sounds from what you are saying that he was utterly dire.....

This is a typical example (and unsual for Bedrock) of the clubbers being taken for granted.... I don't buy into this "he's having an off night" idea.... He's paid to do a job and it sounds as though he wasn't good enough for a supporting slot in the Star/Dakota bar, let alone the main room...

Sounds poor!!   
"It's a hoot when the guy in the cubicle next to you is having a dump that sounds like he's pouring a bag of melons down a well" (La Nausee)<i></i>