Topic: Movida Corona World DJ Competition '09 /// 01.08.09 /// @ The Royal
Now in it's ninth season The Movida Corona Dj competition is the worlds biggest and best search for possibly the next big thing in the dj world. Hosted at all major venues across the world with the UK final held at the ministry Of Sound, plus Coverage for this years event has seen ads on MTV and listings in all major dance music magazines and we at The Royal are proud to have been asked to host the Derby heat.
*********** WHO SHOULD ENTER ***********
The competition is open to bedroom djs,djs who are looking for a possible break, djs who are already established in there home towns and looking for more exposure. If you have already played big nights in the past your still welcome to enter so if you think you got it then get involved.
If Your not a dj but know someone who might be interested then by all means let them know or enter them yourself.
The winner of the Derby heat will go onto play at the Midlands final in Birmingham @ The Custard Factory to battle it out for a place in the UK final @ Ministry Of Sound.
***** REGIONAL PRIZES + GIVEAWAYS *****
- 2 Cases of Corona extra
- Entry into the next stage
- A gig at one of The Royal's Resident clubnights.
- Plus there will be lots a giveaways and prizes to everyone throughout the night for both the crowd and dj's.
********* RULES & REGULATIONS *********
- The competition is only open to djs who play all forms of House music.
- Solo djs only no duo's or back to back.
- Over 18's only.
- Cd and turntable djs only allowed.
- You must have good support as crowd reaction is hue part of the judging criteria.
- Be responsible.
- No laptop djs.
- No urban music or turntablists.
- No Memory Sticks.
- No Mc's.
- No effect's units.
- No under 18's.
- No Irresponsible behavior.
***** WHAT WILL YOU BE JUDGED ON? *****
- Mixing - The transition from one record to another, points lost for mixes out of sync or poor volume control.
- Technical - Points awarded for technical ability including use of effects or tricks.
- Crowd reaction - Points awarded for lifting the crowd or getting a visable reaction.
- Charisma - How the dj interacts with the audience.
- Track selection - How well the dj programmes the music.
********* SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO *********
Contact us using one of the following methods:
T. 01332 36 77 20
Simply message us on here including the following info:
* The actual Date for the Derby final is saturday 1st August but depending on the interest we may have to run some heats before then but the 1st will be the final no matter what.
Spread The Word.