Topic: The General Footy Thread

Seeing as Leeds United have their own thread, I thought I would start a General one. Nothing against Leeds of course ......

Okay, so I am a couple of days behind but this really did make my weekend! - WEST HAM 1 - TOTTENHAM LOST. Sweet.

Decent week for us Hammers to turn our season around (draw at Stoke, beat Sunderland away in the Worthless Cup, then Spurs at Home).

Tomorrow night, I'll be an honorable QPR fan - as they have Millwall at Loftus Road smile Yes, I DO have something against Millwall (but not in the getting-arrested-hooliganism sort of way!!!)

£5 on 3-0 QPR - not sure but the odds must be about 10/1 .... that'd be a sweet visit for me. Getting stick from some Hammers for going tomorrow night, but I'm not a QPR fan, more "anti-Millwall".

One last general footy talk from me Jose Mourinho. Doing what he does best in Spain - stopping scoring goals. Only 1 conceded and 4 clean sheets in the League and 1 in the CL so far. Think it might take him a few games but reckon he'll smash it up there as always.

Wez Saunders
(e) wesley.a.saunders@gmail.com

Re: The General Footy Thread

I'm going to ask people to post all footie-related posts in this thread.

Pretty please.

Spurs have had a terrible start to the season.

Got too big for their boots having qualified for the champions league.

I blame Harry.

Homegrove wrote:

I'm going to ask people to post all footie-related posts in this thread.

Pretty please.

Sticky?

Wez Saunders

smallman1 wrote:

My Spurs "pals" (aka 'associates') were all "it was your Cup final" blah blah blah but the realism is:

a) Everyone hates Spurs except Spurs fans
b) They haven't shut up about making the CL since the end of the season
c) Everyone hates Spurs except Spurs fans
d) They were talking up their squad at the start of the season saying how it was better than Liverpools & Arsenals BUT blamed injuries on the defeat by West Ham
e) Everyone hates Spurs except Spurs fans
f) Everyone hates Spurs except Spurs fans
g) Everyone hates Spurs except Spurs fans

Wez Saunders

Yet again, the other results went our way & we failed to take advantage, we always do this & it pisses me right off. Not taking anything away from Bolton, they kept up pressure well on us & had a good game but we just didn't make the most of the game in general. I think Fergie needs to give Owen a chance over Rooney as his head is clearly up his arse at the moment, he seems to be more bothered about getting laid & not getting clocked than playing football. I'm also a little puzzled as to why Rio didn't get at least a run out if not a full game. O'Shea needs to fuck off!

Andy Lees wrote:

Yet again, the other results went our way & we failed to take advantage, we always do this & it pisses me right off. Not taking anything away from Bolton, they kept up pressure well on us & had a good game but we just didn't make the most of the game in general. I think Fergie needs to give Owen a chance over Rooney as his head is clearly up his arse at the moment, he seems to be more bothered about getting laid & not getting clocked than playing football. I'm also a little puzzled as to why Rio didn't get at least a run out if not a full game. O'Shea needs to fuck off!

I can't remember the last time Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs all failed to win in the same weekend.

Owen's doing alright this season. Is that 3 or 4 goals now in 6 games?

Wez Saunders

West Ham seem to think that the games Spurs play against them are big games, when in truth Spurs couldn't really care less, have bigger fish to fry and treat these matches the same as they would do any other standard, bottom of the table, yo yo club.

Well done.  It's taken you 300 years to beat Spurs 1-0 in a game that you also played shit in.

Cue the onslaught......

lol

Last edited by Yant (Monday Sep 2010 09:09:48)

QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Played - 8
Won - 7
Drawn - 1
Lost - 0

GF - 22
GA - 2

Pts 22

6 points clear,7 clean sheets 2+ goals every game so far.

Im loving these Stats smile

Millwall at home tomorrow come on you Rsssssssssssssssss!

Last edited by stripped99 (Monday Sep 2010 09:29:06)

wez saunders wrote:
Andy Lees wrote:

I can't remember the last time Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs all failed to win in the same weekend.

Owen's doing alright this season. Is that 3 or 4 goals now in 6 games?

We need to put him in with berbs & let Rooney sort his head out.

Yantino wrote:

West Ham seem to think that the games Spurs play against them are big games, when in truth Spurs couldn't really care less, .....

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah - really? I don't recall that opinion after the whole food poisoning incident?

Wez Saunders

There were some strange results at the weekend alright, West Brom beating Arsenal was the clincher though

No wiggy and dan harwood, for sure Matt.

Yantino wrote:

West Ham seem to think that the games Spurs play against them are big games, when in truth Spurs couldn't really care less, have bigger fish to fry and treat these matches the same as they would do any other standard, bottom of the table, yo yo club.

Well done.  It's taken you 300 years to beat Spurs 1-0 in a game that you also played shit in.

Cue the onslaught......

lol

Excuse me?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

MattBlack wrote:

There were some strange results at the weekend alright, West Brom beating Arsenal was the clincher though

Wiggi will be wheeling out how profitable Arsenal are in 5, 4, 3.....

MattBlack wrote:

There were some strange results at the weekend alright

which can be catagorised thusly:

Wenger believing his own hype

Fergie realising his team are a load of shit

Harry realising that Spurs cannot cope with CL footy and prem footy in the same 10 days

Roy crediting himself for the revival of Torres - the clueless cunt

Moyesy realising that he should've bought a proper striker this summer and not some Leeds cunt

Manchini feeling justified by playing 5 defensive mids at home

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Yantino wrote:

Cue the onslaught......

lol

Incredible response considering you lost this game and have had a dreadful start to the league season.

@smallman1 @Nick Sneddon

Don't give them the satisfaction of biting. It's the only saving grace they've got at the moment at Shite Hart Lane .... nothing else is going for them so they have to make excuses as always.

COYI smile

Wez Saunders

smallman1 wrote:

Spurs have had a terrible start to the season.

I blame Harry.

In some ways i agree with you there, against Wigan Arry only made one change to the team that beat Young boys and it was a tired performance, we have this supposedly great squad yet Harry only makes changes when he absolutely has to and if we are playing Wed, Sat, Tues then we do need to use our squad a bit better, despite being in the Champions league i do not consider us a champions league side, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester Utd are Champions league sides as they have qualified for the competition near enough every year and usually get to the latter stages, we have a long way to match that.

As for the weekend we had two players in central defence who have never played there together before, Corluka normally plays at right back so we were bound to struggle defensively, but why does Harry play so open away from home, Jenas and Huddlestone are not ball winning or defensive midfielders and Palacios who normally does that job has been on the bench, also it took a couple of decent saves from Rob Green to stop us getting at least a point.

Spurs fans take note - Read what MattBlack wrote. That's how to be honest about your team.

Well said MB.

Wez Saunders

Unfortunately Athletic Bilbao lost to Barcelona. Referee sent off one of Bilbao's central defender very harshly after 30 mins, so after that it was just a matter of time before they found the gaps. Bl00dy refs!!!

wez saunders wrote:

Spurs fans take note - Read what MattBlack wrote. That's how to be honest about your team.

Well said MB.

Yeah but in some ways hes taken the MOTD / SKY route of 'its not how well West Ham played' ( which they fucking well did, Im looking at you Yantino ), but 'how well spurs didnt play'. Even when we win, we cant win.

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Nick Sneddon wrote:
wez saunders wrote:

Well said MB.

Yeah but in some ways hes taken the MOTD / SKY route of 'its not how well West Ham played' ( which they fucking well did, Im looking at you Yantino ), but 'how well spurs didnt play'. Even when we win, we cant win.

I chose to ignore the last bit about Green smile The rest made sense.

Wez Saunders

Wonder what the odds will drop to this weekend for all 4 teams at the top of the league not winning.

Yantino wrote:

Wonder what the odds will drop to this weekend for all 4 teams at the top of the league not winning.

Extremely unlikely to happen again. A friend of mine had £5 on West Brom, Man City & West Ham last weekend. Pocketed nearly £900. Only did it as a wind up too to piss off her Chelsea boyf. Stuck £5 against Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs. Mad.

Wez Saunders