Re: The General Footy Thread

Possibly the same reason Mancini doesn't fancy Craig Bellamy, arguably their best player last season.

Wiggipedia wrote:

You'd prefer either of those keepers over what we have? Shite Sandwich or Turd Pie imo.

you're an idiot

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Wiggipedia wrote:

Given has only kicked off after he was dropped, not before, unless you have proof of that? At this point in time he is not good enough, he was superb at Newcastle and didn't he have Titus Shambles in front of him at the time? Good keepers give their defence confidence, not the other way around.

So you know what goes on at the training ground and in private meetings do you wiggi? He gets dropped by his coach because of differences and a fallout and all of a sudden hes not good enough?? Trying to blame Newcastles shambolic defensive displays on Given is fkin crazy too. You must be taken the piss.

I do get my info from some sources in the Irish camp and if I remember correctly Given and Mancini didnt see eye to eye from day one because of a newspaper article. Given wanted a larger contract as he was a senior player and it went downhill from there, like I said, nothing to do with his form or his obvious ability as a goalkeeper. I dont really have an opinion on Schwarzer other than hes highly rated by every coach in the game so he cant be that bad but seriously man, just forget trying to justify your erroneous opinion on one of the top premiership goalkeepers there is.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Sorry to interrupt but:

starcreeper wrote:

I do get my info from some sources in the Irish camp

LMAO

. . . carry on.

I know some of the U-21 and youth coaches personally as Ive worked at the training complex a few years back whilst dong an internship and John O'Shea is a pal since chlidhood. Simple really.

I think you dropped a couple of things back there mate lol.

I'm just a fan actually, I don't pretend to have inside info, its called conjecture and opinion. Sorry if it makes me an idiot for having an unconventional view but players do go in and out of form as well as losing the plot completely as they get older. I'm sure what you say is true but Given is not all that in my opinion, maybe I'll be proved wrong. Wenger has knocked him back twice now, to my knowledge. I also find it hard to believe that Mancini would pass up the chance to use a player with so much experience considering the nature of his squad.

Flapianski played very well tonight, he saved a pen and made a couple of other decent saves. He may well be in goal at Stamford Bridge on Sunday so god help us if has a bad day!

Im just a fan too. My standards are a little more realistic than you thats all. I dont think the goalkeeper you aspire to have exists or is available imo. Its true players go in and out of form all the time but it sounds like you're looking for a keeper thats immune to these dips. Given is widely held as one of the most consistent in the league so it just seems strange that you would think he isnt suitable for Arsenal. Maybe if he played for a big 4 team all along you wouldnt have the opinion you have, just a thought.

Wiggipedia wrote:

I'm serious, Ed. If he's not good enough for Mancini he's not good enough for Arsenal. Citeh have stopped shipping goals since he made the changes, ok Lescott and Bridge have been dropped too but that's life at that club now. Give me Buffon, Cech or even Reina, then I'm interested.

get te fuck

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

so 'Creeper is an Irish yank Manc?

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

shaunstrudwick wrote:

so 'Creeper is an Irish yank Manc?

one way of putting it Shaun smile

I went to QPR-Millwall last night - be clear, I am a West Ham fan, but pal got me a ticket and I went along to see Millwall lose. Didn't happen, game ended 0-0 - the third 0-0 I've seen at Loftus Road in 3 games. "Note to Self - Don't go back to Loftus Road".

Anyway, same ol' Millwall last night - Animals. Fans were gathering in crowds, intimidating the home support, darts were thrown, chairs were broken and phone, water bottles etc blah blah blah - totally unnecessary. This was QPR FFS. A team, along with Fulham, whose home support are known to be "nice & placid". Trouble was totally uncalled for.

Then after the game, hear reports of fights around Westfield Shopping centre. Maybe having Chelsea at one end of the West End at home to Marseille, and Millwall at the other with QPR was not the brightest of fixture-planning. Not sure who the trouble was with but no doubt West Ham will be reported in there somewhere this week!

I don't know how they get away with it at Millwall. If it was West Ham it'd have been on the news again. There is no way on Earth that the police or stewards DIDN'T see what we saw.

As for the football, good game for a 0-0 draw. Ref was shocking towards both sides, but mainly QPR. Bottled giving a penalty at the Millwall end in the first half, then a free-kick right on the edge of the box, and then a potential red for a blatent foul from behind (thought the rules for going through the back of someone's legs was a straight red but not even a booking!). In fact, he bottled every decision against them (QPR) in the first half. Maybe he'd shit it from the Millwall fans.

Highlight of the night? Well, a bit of banter between the Millwall & QPR fans made me laugh .....

Firstly Millwall "You're fat, and your Wife's a slag ....." (to Paddy Kenny)
QPR's response "There's only one Paddy Kenny"
Millwall's response 1 "There's only one Mrs Kenny"
Millwall's response 2 "She's gonna score in the Morning"
Millwall's response 3 "Does she take it up the arse?"
QPR's response 1 "Yes she does, yes she does, yes she does .... like your Mum, like your Mum, like your Mum"
QPR's response 2 "and your Dad, and your Dad, and your Dad ....."

Entertaining smile

Not looked at the Leeds thread yet but 4-1 up, lost 4-6? That's got to be the most incredible result that I can remember. Not like it was Man Utd (when they were 3-0 down at Spurs at won 5-3) this was PRESTON, who were in the bottom 3!!!!

Fabianski did well last night Arsenal. Worth a run, do you think?

Wez Saunders
(e) wesley.a.saunders@gmail.com

Mickmancyank - Like I said, I was of the opinion that Given was a fantastic keeper because everyone told me he was and he always did very against us, I do not deny any of this. Maybe it's just a dip in form, maybe it's his row with Mancini, perhaps he's too short and is crap at coming for crosses. To say that I'd think he was great if he was at a top 4 club is ridiculous, I rate Reina as a good keeper for example ;-) Fabianski did very well last night, I fully expect Wenger to stick to his guns with him now, it's not like he has much choice between now and January.

starcreeper wrote:

Ive worked at the training complex a few years back.

...obviously as a Dinner Lady

I just want you to know we're done professionally

zebramofo wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Ive worked at the training complex a few years back.

...obviously as a Dinner Lady

Zebra's BACK!

so donkey has become the resident troll, hiding behind the scenes waiting to make pathetic comments...thought you were better than that kid.

starcreeper wrote:

so donkey has become the resident troll, hiding behind the scenes waiting to make pathetic comments...thought you were better than that kid.

come on sunshine take a joke

I just want you to know we're done professionally

zebramofo wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

come on sunshine take a joke

I laughed at the new low you've stooped to donkey, alls good though, I just got breakfast in bed.

"Shit Wheeler Dealer, you're just a shit Wheeler Dealer..."

"Twitch in a minute, you're gonna twitch in a minute..."

Absolute picture watching Redknapp standing on the sideline on Saturday being serenaded by The Boleyn.

Happy day.

smashdad wrote:

"Shit Wheeler Dealer, you're just a shit Wheeler Dealer..."

"Twitch in a minute, you're gonna twitch in a minute..."

Funny as fuck big_smile

Wez Saunders
(e) wesley.a.saunders@gmail.com

starcreeper wrote:

Trying to blame Newcastles shambolic defensive displays on Given is fkin crazy too. You must be taken the piss.

I remember the match a couple of years back when Newcastle got thumped 5-1 by Liverpool and Given still won Man of the Match. Crazy!

Wiggipedia wrote:

Mickmancyank - Like I said, I was of the opinion that Given was a fantastic keeper because everyone told me he was and he always did very against us, I do not deny any of this. Maybe it's just a dip in form, maybe it's his row with Mancini, perhaps he's too short and is crap at coming for crosses. To say that I'd think he was great if he was at a top 4 club is ridiculous, I rate Reina as a good keeper for example ;-) Fabianski did very well last night, I fully expect Wenger to stick to his guns with him now, it's not like he has much choice between now and January.

ok, so in a nutshell you think hes bad coming for crosses. Reina is up there with him if thats the case. I seem to remember him coming for a corner at Old Trafford and missing the ball, the Utd strikers and even his own players. He put all his cards on the table that day.

A well written report from tonights win;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba … eport.html

Fantastic game last night, i dont think i have ever seen 3 pens given in one game before. I cant see it being like that against Inter though

Hernandez took his goal well for Utd, other than that it was the worst performance in a long time.

MattBlack wrote:

Fantastic game last night, i dont think i have ever seen 3 pens given in one game before. I cant see it being like that against Inter though

Spurs looked great.

Van der Vaart's got a diamond cutter of a left peg.

Cracking night.

Inter home and away should be tasty too.