Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Still cant believe Hodgson is getting the blame for this total fiasco.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Done

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal … 064599.stm

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

embarrassing... typically melodramatic scousers

I just want you to know we're done professionally

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Will legal proceedings not drag on for weeks meaning the deadline will come & go, increasing the chances of a more realistic relegation situation?

Intense drama on a body under the patio in Brookside Close scale.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Absolute joke of a club.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

I know I'm pointing out the obvious but Hicks and Gillett really are a pair of massive c*nts.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Despicable twats. Why they don't just take the deal on the table and get out of it, I'll never know.

Who in their right mind would deal with these two again after all this?

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Ah balls.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

starcreeper wrote:

Still cant believe Hodgson is getting the blame for this total fiasco.

Seriously ??

He's poor tactically, bad at planning, unable to motivate or coach anything out of his players or develop talent + he's happless in the transfer market and doesn't have that ruthless winning streak that is essential for many top managers.

One decent spell at Fulham didn't make him a good manager - his CV is very unimpressive. He completely lacks any form of inspiration and has been found out to be left wanting.

The only decent thing he's done since the opening game was his comments around Fergie - that didn't bag us any points though.

Hopefully the Redsox people will move him upstairs to a quiet room.

SimonR

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

zebramofo wrote:

embarrassing... typically melodramatic scousers

typical smarmy mancunian comment wink

SimonR

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

simonr wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Still cant believe Hodgson is getting the blame for this total fiasco.

Seriously ??

He's poor tactically, bad at planning, unable to motivate or coach anything out of his players or develop talent + he's happless in the transfer market and doesn't have that ruthless winning streak that is essential for many top managers.

One decent spell at Fulham didn't make him a good manager - his CV is very unimpressive. He completely lacks any form of inspiration and has been found out to be left wanting.

The only decent thing he's done since the opening game was his comments around Fergie - that didn't bag us any points though.

Hopefully the Redsox people will move him upstairs to a quiet room.

Last time I checked he couldnt walk on water either.

The TEAM is a shambles to be fair. The 11 that go out on the pitch are hopeless as a team, end of. I cant believe that as a genuine football fan you cant see that. If Torres & Gerrard were fully fit and on form and you were out of the dropzone, the heat would be off Hodgson but things are in the shitter so its easy to point the finger.

The simple fact is, theres not a manager on earth that could steer that sinking ship in the right direction with the current conditions. Time to take the blinkers off for good Simon.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

2:25. love it.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

starcreeper wrote:
simonr wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Still cant believe Hodgson is getting the blame for this total fiasco.

Seriously ??

He's poor tactically, bad at planning, unable to motivate or coach anything out of his players or develop talent + he's happless in the transfer market and doesn't have that ruthless winning streak that is essential for many top managers.

One decent spell at Fulham didn't make him a good manager - his CV is very unimpressive. He completely lacks any form of inspiration and has been found out to be left wanting.

The only decent thing he's done since the opening game was his comments around Fergie - that didn't bag us any points though.

Hopefully the Redsox people will move him upstairs to a quiet room.

Last time I checked he couldnt walk on water either.

The TEAM is a shambles to be fair. The 11 that go out on the pitch are hopeless as a team, end of. I cant believe that as a genuine football fan you cant see that. If Torres & Gerrard were fully fit and on form and you were out of the dropzone, the heat would be off Hodgson but things are in the shitter so its easy to point the finger.

The simple fact is, theres not a manager on earth that could steer that sinking ship in the right direction with the current conditions. Time to take the blinkers off for good Simon.

+1

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

^^ on that basis Benitez can't have been that bad ... 7th is a lot different from bottom 3.

The 'not a manager on this earth bit' is bollocks.

As for Blinkers ... c'mon, Hodgson knew what he was in for  & inherited a team full of internationals, a few of whom were involved with the last world cup final. There are three talented English player plus a seasoned English central defender + two of the bext U19 Euro talent from this summers final.

Rashly selling & loaning players was his downfall - players like Poulson & Konchesky ain't good enough and getting our most injured player back was another hum-dinger. He didn't have the confidence to get his own backroom team in.

SimonR

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Starcreepers got a point. The signs were there last season and I could honestly see them being in the same predicament if Benitez was still there.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

I reckon your whole argument is bollocks. Its all hypothetical but give me a manager that could work wonders with the current crop of players, Dalglish?!?!? Dream on. What kind of fuckin magic was he gonna come up with, was he bringing his own funds to the table or something. The fairytale option wont work either.

You can't expect a new manager to come in and be ok with the squad Benitez put together either.  Yeah theres internationals in the team but theres internationals in every team in the premiership, that argument is a load of tosh. They got to WC final with their respective teams. Teams that show a polar opposite reflection on how to play football.
He had to make changes somehow, granted they may not be what you want/need but its not as if he had wads of cash to spend on more Internationals!! the club has been in freefall since the beginning of last season, the players werent good enough with Benitez and theyre worse off now.

Fair play to Hodgson for braving the job, Im sure he regrets taking it now. Its the same with Capello, one minute he was the saviour, then he became public enemy no.1, now England are winning again and everythings hunky dory. A month ago it was Lucas, last week it was Hodgson and now all of a sudden it was really Hicks/Gillette all along, make up yer mind ffs, these excuses are ridiculous. Sooner or later you're going to have to face the fact that you are a mid-league team at best who are struggling to stay above water with arguably the worst Pool squad in years. Oh yeah, and Leeds had a team full of internationals too!

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

'Woy' is quids in, no matter what happens.

So are the players.

Hmmmm.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

A lot more constructive and nearer to hitting the nail on the head.

The overall squad has been run down - but that started 2 years back in the xmas transfer window. But it wasn't Benitez's fault, just the difficult environment he had to work in - not helped by the inept Parry intil he exited.

You only change the manager if you can get a better one.

SimonR

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

The vultures are definitely circling its true - but give the guy a chance - he's 6-7 games in. He's not a magician and he doesn't have a magic wand.

Judge Woy at the end of the season after 38 games - if we go down, fair enough. I don't think thats going to happen though.

I have a very funny Roy Hodgson story - a friend of a friend is called Roy Hodgson and perversely is also a Fulham fan. He went to Milan on business and was in an Inter restaurant in the evening when Woy was manager there and laid down the credit card, the waiters came back after dessert and were muttering: no pay, no pay because they thought he was a relative!

Nice to see how these things work.

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

simonr wrote:

But it wasn't Benitez's fault, just the difficult environment he had to work in

Oh how Roy wishes the environment was a little worse so he'd have an excuse! I feel drunk.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

simonpreston wrote:

Starcreepers got a point. The signs were there last season and I could honestly see them being in the same predicament if Benitez was still there.

no shit!

I think. everyone at a board level were confident that a sale could be agreed before the window closed - this was their pitch to Roy imo

that didn't happen and we started the season where we left off

is Roy the right man for the job?  no - don't be silly - he is out of his depth - whether we have new owners and more money or not

Roy only got the job cos 1. budget constraints & 2. Kenny didn't want it

re: Hicks and Gillette - what a pair of cunts they are indeed

there is no way there are winning that court case tho.... sorry guys

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

simonr wrote:

A lot more constructive and nearer to hitting the nail on the head.

The overall squad has been run down - but that started 2 years back in the xmas transfer window. But it wasn't Benitez's fault, just the difficult environment he had to work in - not helped by the inept Parry intil he exited.

You only change the manager if you can get a better one.

for the last 4 windows we have made a profit - this was to cover debt payments

Rafa still bought shite with what he was given tho - so that only compounded the problem

Roy will not last out the season imo

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

starcreeper wrote:

I reckon your whole argument is bollocks. Its all hypothetical but give me a manager that could work wonders with the current crop of players, Dalglish?!?!? Dream on. What kind of fuckin magic was he gonna come up with, was he bringing his own funds to the table or something. The fairytale option wont work either.

You can't expect a new manager to come in and be ok with the squad Benitez put together either.  Yeah theres internationals in the team but theres internationals in every team in the premiership, that argument is a load of tosh. They got to WC final with their respective teams. Teams that show a polar opposite reflection on how to play football.
He had to make changes somehow, granted they may not be what you want/need but its not as if he had wads of cash to spend on more Internationals!! the club has been in freefall since the beginning of last season, the players werent good enough with Benitez and theyre worse off now.

Fair play to Hodgson for braving the job, Im sure he regrets taking it now. Its the same with Capello, one minute he was the saviour, then he became public enemy no.1, now England are winning again and everythings hunky dory. A month ago it was Lucas, last week it was Hodgson and now all of a sudden it was really Hicks/Gillette all along, make up yer mind ffs, these excuses are ridiculous. Sooner or later you're going to have to face the fact that you are a mid-league team at best who are struggling to stay above water with arguably the worst Pool squad in years. Oh yeah, and Leeds had a team full of internationals too!

loving the Mancs getting all excited that we could get relegated - lol!

when the sale is 100% confirmed I fully expect our performances to improve

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Liverpool fans wating Dalglish as manager is as laughable as Newcastle fans thinking Keegan or Shearer would save them.

Football fans love to romantisice, but when they take of those 1980s tinted glasses, do they actually think someone who hasn't managed for 10 years is really the man to drive them forward?

Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

smellmycheese wrote:

Liverpool fans wating Dalglish as manager is as laughable as Newcastle fans thinking Keegan or Shearer would save them.

Football fans love to romantisice, but when they take of those 1980s tinted glasses, do they actually think someone who hasn't managed for 10 years is really the man to drive them forward?

yeah - don't really get the Dalgliesh thing tbh

he was offered the job and his heart said 'yes' but his head said 'no' - because he didn't feel he could take us forward