Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Dalglish won the English league with 2 x clubs ... Hodgson won the Danish league.

First 11 included Reina, Carra, Agger, Johnson, Masch, Gerrard, Kuyt, Torres .... I don't see these as being has-beens or rejects. + the youth setup Rafa left in place is doing rather well.

Actually I do know Insua's preference and saw him play circ. 20+ games live to make a judgement - he was good enough to debut for Argentina last year. I also know people at the club involved with the Youth set up and people on the local sports desk.

SimonR

Dalglish!!!!!! Hahahahahhahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaa

Wiggipedia wrote:

First of all it's October, that's what, 8 weeks into the season and you muppets are writing off your manager already. The boat was already taking on water well before last season only you are too blinkered by a manager's CV to see it. Crazy stuff, Benitez had no idea how to operate correctly in this country, he is a terrible communicator both with his players and with the media and that did for him in the end imo. So what if you had some good results, even winning the CL doesn't come close to winning the league. Consistency is king. Hodgson is very good with the media, he's English and is a steady hand at a time of serious crisis. I suppose the SoS crew are calling for his head now, just like they have been for Broughton, based on fuck knows what, how silly does that look now. Any fan calling for Hodgson's head at the moment is only bringing more grief to their club. Do carry on lol

I'm not sure where you get your business ideas from Creepy but it sounds remarkably like the sound of fiddling while Rome burns to me. You can spin it how you like but this genius new youth strategy has been forced upon Lord Ferg, it is ridiculous to suggest that is part of the master plan. He was still in the market for big money players until he got his financial wings clipped. Real and United are different cases too, they, like Barcelona have unique TV deals, unlike the rest of the European leagues where blanket deals are done. This is about to change in Spain so that will level the playing field, so to speak. United fans can't hide behind the idea that they are untouchable, that even if the club went tits up someone would always come to their rescue. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see that happen, really I don't. It would weaken the game here considerably and have a knock-on effect on football for a long time. It's about time the FA and the Premier League pulled their fingers out of their arses and did something to stop this happening again.

You've undone your previous common sense.

Benitez won 2 x La Ligas 1x CL 1 x UEFA Cup 1 FA Cup ... yes he was poor with the media and perhaps didn't understand the english press in the smae way he did the spanish.

But get real - Hodgson is good with the media ? He's an embarassment and comes across as a loser - the top managers aren't good with the media. They use it to inflate their ego or play mind games - they have that act of defiance and surity that they are right.

Cue ... Jose's inflates 'special one' and 'Voyeour' comments, Wengers not seeing the red cards, Fergies close knit group/threat to ostracise journalists if they print negative comments, fued with the BBC and (crucially) embarassing recenty rant all the press wanting them to lose the CL final etc.

SimonR

Wiggipedia wrote:

You can spin it how you like but this genius new youth strategy has been forced upon Lord Ferg, it is ridiculous to suggest that is part of the master plan.

Actually Fergusons track record with buying and cultivating young players speaks for itself, his current signings continue the trend. How convenient that you would think its been forced on him now.

Wiggipedia wrote:

He was still in the market for big money players until he got his financial wings clipped.

Yeah he was in the market for Dzeko until he had a 35 million price tag put on his head, same with Benzema. Ferguson is no fool. Throwing cash at players just because of their market value isnt very clever management now Wiggi is it.

Wiggipedia wrote:

United fans can't hide behind the idea that they are untouchable, that even if the club went tits up someone would always come to their rescue

not that it will happen on the same scale as Pool but I think we can pretty much guarantee there would be more realistic buyers than the Chinese Govt & crooked Texan businessmen. I think you're underestimating Utds pulling power in the world football market and the enterprise as a whole. Go to South America and they'll tell you Arsenal play in Argentina lol

starcreeper wrote:
Wiggipedia wrote:

You can spin it how you like but this genius new youth strategy has been forced upon Lord Ferg, it is ridiculous to suggest that is part of the master plan.

Actually Fergusons track record with buying and cultivating young players speaks for itself, his current signings continue the trend. How convenient that you would think its been forced on him now.

Sorry SC. But if I'm going to point out SiR's weak points then I'm gonna pick at yours too. Yes, Fergie is good at bringing in the young players but it is clearly obvious that he doesn't have any spending power in the transfer market. They haven't been able to replace Ronaldo. Any club without a massive debt problem would have found a decent player for less to help fill the gap. Giggs and Scholes can't have many seasons left and what's he got to replace them when they do go?

Last edited by Presto (Friday Oct 2010 10:01:22)

RichieRyan wrote:

While Liverpool are weaker than they were 2 years ago they're should not be languishing in 18th place. Benitez did buy some absolute shit and did lose the dressing room last season. Yet he bought some great players though........

Are you still doing those boss mixes? You know the ones with 500 tracks in half an hour. I just don't know how you do it. You da boy like.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

simonpreston wrote:

They haven't been able to replace Ronaldo. Any club without a massive debt problem would have found a decent player for less to help fill the gap.

Actually Nani has filled the gap, miserably I may add. Ferguson feels he has a squad capable of winning the Premiership right now. Thats the reason there hasn't been a transfer frenzy by him. We all know European clubs with top prospects can pull crazy transfer fees out of the air because there are clubs like Chelsea and City out there but Utd aren't in that kind of spending bracket. He may get Sneijder on a good deal hopefully but that'll be about it. Ferguson has said on numerous occasions that nobody can compete with that kind of spending in England so I dont know why your expecting all these transfers to happen. Pre-Glazers Ferguson still shopped around like he does now, nothing has changed. Why is there an expectation that Utd should be out spending like City and Chelsea when they were beaten by a point last year and won it the 3 years previous?
Players like Ronaldo come round once every 10 years, Scholes & Giggs once every 20 maybe, theres not a club out there that could replace them without spending way over 100 million even if such players were in the market in the first place. He's taken a gamble with Nani and it aint working. Who he gets in next? Your guess is as good as mine. I hope that clears up the weakness of my previous post.

Thread has gone mad. Can somebody pm me when they have gone into administration and been deducted 9 points? That or been bought out by some more horrendous seppo cunts brought in to ruin the shit tip along with the English football league as we know it.

Horrible club, horrible fans, horrible City.

Part of the problem

I love being a Chelsea fan.

Top of the league and it's all gravy.

Mancs post losses of £83m - lol!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, … 88,00.html

love it

as much as Im not overly keen on our new owners, at least it looks like they are steering the financial ship in the correct way

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

shaunstrudwick wrote:

love it

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//08102010 … nalty.html

MattBlack wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:

love it

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//08102010 … nalty.html

the key word there is 'if'

hopefully the court will throw out Hicks' claims that Ayre, Purslow & Broughton have not acted in the best interests of the club and the sale will go through

if no sale and Hicks defualts on his loans and we go into administration then yes there could be a 9 point penalty

the premier league has yet to make a definitive ruling re: the points deduction however i have no doubt that if we did go into administration without the 9 point penalty we would get lots of stick along the lines of what happened when we finished 5th but still were allowed into the CL... re-writing the rule book etc

The problem you have Shaun is that Hicks will go into administration if it suits him financially, he won't give a fuck about the league position unless it was going to affect the value of his stock. So even if the court does throw the case out and allows the other much better and definitely safe as houses Septics to buy the club.

As for United, I totally do accept and understand that the club has massive standing in the world, an enormous fanbase and huge appeal, even if it does plummet from lack of investment in the playing staff. The problem is that even considering those facts no one knows just how much damage is being done to the club as a business at the moment. Wage bills alone are in the region of £120m per annum and that's going to be there even if you do manage to develop players from youth. Arsenal spend much less than their closet rivals but we still have the second or third highest wage bill in the league. There are already signs that the higher prices at OT are starting to bite with the 2500 unsold season tickets time. United can hardly get much more successful so without any big star signings they are going to have to do very well just to tread water. How many more years has the Ferg got left? One or two at most?

Sorry, I meant to add to the first para......

So even if the court does throw the case out and allows the other much better and definitely safe as houses Septics to buy the club then you could still get the points deduction and probably go down as a result. It's a tough league this season too.

I doubt Liverpool would go down - even with a 9 point deduction.

dutchy101 wrote:

I doubt Liverpool would go down - even with a 9 point deduction.

Big difference between doubt and hope, Dutchy. It might actually give the club a chance to catch its breath, get that lovely parachute payment and then come back up the next season. Sorted.

Do you serioulsy believe that Liverpool would be relegated with a 9 point reduction? I very much doubt they will still be there in 5 games' time.

Starcreeper – I never once supported the signing of Joe Cole. My opinions on him have been voiced before. Crocked, overrated mercenary cunt – probably a worse signing than Harry Kewell. Irresponsible to bring in a player on 90k (4.68 million per year) when the clubs in financial meltdown.

Hodgson - More credentials than Kenny Daglish – you must be fucking joking?!!! Daglish has won the English League 4 times with 2 different clubs (only the 3rd person in the history of the english game to do that), won 2 FA Cups and was responsible for getting Blackburn out of 2nd division football admittedly with massive help from Jack Walker. 

Daglish has generally managed far bigger clubs than Hodgson which should tell you a lot. Most of Hodgson’s success was well over 20 years ago too). Obviously Daglish is far from perfect and past it but I doubt Liverpool would be in the same position if he was managing.

Wiggipedia – How is Hodgson a steady hand? What’s he done to give the impression at this point? He’s not liked/respected by the players, he’s not liked by many at the club. He’s seen as a caretaker manager and there’s one lesson in football, caretakers hardly ever perform well. He’s no future there.

This form will continue – no doubt about that and you’ll see that I’m exactly right on this. I’d put good money on that they wont pick up more than 3 points in the next 3 games – what’s happens then? Do they keep the faith in Hodgson with obvious relegation form? Or damage limitation?

As for Benitez a disaster? Wins a European Cup, FA Cup, narrowly misses on another European Cup in 2007 and is in the top 4 for 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008 & 2008-2009 (narrowly missing on the Premier League in 2008-2009). The man obviously made some huge mistakes but disaster? NO.

The media are constantly amusing. Last Year - The team is decent and it's all Benitez's fault. This Year - The team is rubbish and the manager is not to blame. They supported Hodgson and now will have egg on their faces - fucking Jamie Redknapp etc - what an idiot.

Last edited by RichieRyan (Friday Oct 2010 07:26:31)

For a start you can't even spell the man's name correctly there Richie, it's Kenny Dalglish.

You'll have as much success if you dug up Bob Paisley and stuck him in the seat as you would with Dalglish. He's from a different time, he is not in touch with the game anymore he hasn't dealt with agents etc for decades, what makes you think he can do better than Hodgson? 7 games!!! Madness. Was he not manager of the year last year? He was very highly rated universally when he was at Fulham for getting fantastic performances and decent results with little budget. He was given time to sort that club out, sure the expectations were lower but he was well regarded and very experienced. He consistently managed to achieve what Liverpool desperately need, he kept them in the league.

Just because Liverpool have a glorious history and have done incredibly well to win the CL a few years ago the expectations are way over-inflated. Benitez, he is the man who was in control for the last 7 years (?) or whatever.....he built the squad, he brought in the endless stream of average players and now you are paying the price. The club, the fans and probably the players need to stop panicking and support the man in charge. Change now would properly fuck you, especially if you put someone behind the wheel who hasn't driven for 10 years.

If you consider how nobody thought Newcastle would go down, i could easily see us heading that way, i dont think we will, but if it happened i wouldnt be surprised.

Woy continues to play a bit defensive, signings dont gel, 9 point reduction, Fernando goes at Christmas, new manager in the second half of the season etc. It could happen. I doubt it, but it could.

Im with Wiggy on supporting the Manager, but i would like to see a more attacking side, just as i did with Rafa, if we keep setting up defensive and get beat, its a lot harder to support him, he hasnt got long to turn it around.

As much as Dalglish hasnt managed for a long time, i think he would still have the tactical ability, i dont think its stuff you forget over night. As for dealing with agents etc. Im sure he would have a team around him who would give him a guiding hand.

I wish i could work out why Benitez lost it, possibly something to do with the beard, but im not sure...

Wiggipedia - iam dyslexic so explains why my occasional bad spelling - concerning Dalglish.

Fulham and Liverpool are completely different clubs - the point at Fulham was to get draw after draw and admittedly he did a decent job there although reaching the UEFA final did flatter to deceive. While Liverpool are not as good as they used to be theyre not a side that should be in 18th and that's partly his responsibility.

His record apart from Fulham is not great with a high turnover of jobs on his CV especially at the bigger clubs. Hodgson doesn't look or feel like a long term replacement - that will affect the players massively. The expectations at Liverpool are far greater than at Fulham, all his previous clubs have been in the main far smaller with much less expectations.

History's not great. Roy did alright in first season at Blackburn. In his second season, he won only two of the first 14 games and was sacked having the 3rd most expensive squad in the league at the time. Worst relegation from a statistical view in the 18 years of the Premier League. Not good.

His win % at Blackburn, Fulham and Inter were 35%, 39% & 44%. This is far lower than Benitez at 55% and cause for huge concern. You can't say that Benitez had much more money because Roy had huge amounts at Blackburn & Inter (probably equal to Benitez in today's money).

I just don't think things will improve. Hes always been a manager with a quite a few blots on his CV.

Richie - Liverpool fans should count themselves lucky you aint making the decisions cos that hole would be a thousand feet deeper right now if you were. You're not making any decent points on the general picture other than Benitez's record, Dalglishs record and an unfair attack on a manager considering the circumstances. It seems you really are underestimating the severity of the situation and answering it with a knee jerk reaction. Its not Hodgsons fault he was offered the job.

Liverpool need to wake up and smell the coffee.

They're a mid table team with a mid table squad with cunts for fans (present company excepted.)

dutchy101 wrote:

Do you serioulsy believe that Liverpool would be relegated with a 9 point reduction? I very much doubt they will still be there in 5 games' time.

No team is invincible fella. And never say never. It could happen to anyone at any time.