Topic: wots creamer & K's bedrock album like???

Haven't been able to get the latest bedrock cd yet, just wondering wot its like and if any point getting it?? not gonna bother if its all tribal??
<i></i>

Re: wots creamer & K's bedrock album like???

i wouldn't don't bother

its a collection of dark tribal songs with dirty accapellas put togeather with fairly un-inspirational mixes between them that doesn't really go anywhere....
<i></i>

it got alot of praise over on the GU and they usually arnt to favourable to the above two mentioned !

im deffo gonna get it on '12 though ! 
<i>"That sets me ..That sets me ..on Fire "

</i>

<i></i>

I needed that album like I need a boil on my scrotum.
<i></i>

i was expecting great things from this album. but it let me down bigtime! cd 1 starts of brilliantly, and the first 2 tracks in particular are fantastic! the mood is built perfectly and u think - woah! this album is great! "@#%$ sonnet" which everyone is cussing is cool too in my opinion, but after this track it kinda gets all messed up.

the track sequencing is all over the place, and if cd 2 wasnt so @#%$, i woulda kept it. one for the collection. but the overall impression of the cd - id say 4 or 5 out of 10, and thats being generous cos its on bedrock. Big disappointment. (i returned my copy back to hmv)
<i></i>

Why haven't you emailed me?

<i></i>

its a fine collection of good tunes that go togeather well...

my complaint about is that it doesn't go anywhere and they haven't really done anything with the mixes... they've just put the songs togeather... to me its more collection of 20 something songs rather than a "mix that takes you on a journey"...  ok, that wounds like a pile of w@nk, but thats what you come to expect from a mix these days, particularly a Bedrock mix cd...

doesn't even come close to Chris Fortiers in that respect
<i></i>

gave it its first listen last night - CD1 only so far. Must admit that I was by no means blown away but not too disappointed either. Tracks are okay but the programming is sorely lacking and uninteresting - would sound the same playlisted off of a jukebox.

Expecting much the same from CD2 - maybe a tad harder... 

Melodies I say, where are the fvckin melodies? Had enough of dark drums prog's got so much more to offer. Is this the problem? Prog doesn't want to be labeled as trance and instead follows a dull and uninspiring path   
<i></i>

[img]http://www.geocities.com/snake0074/snk/duck-breakdance.gif[/img]

the name "tonic wine" does not imply health giving or medicinal properties

Thanks for the advice!!! reckon im gonna give it a miss then!! either that ot just buy it and then mini disc it and change it for zabiela's album. haven't heard it yet but meant to be good so will invest in that instead. Or perhaps lavelle's GU. will be very interested to see how that turns out!!!

<i></i>

Not sure whether to get this or not....

I don't know if i can listen to a cd which is mainly comprised of New York-style tribal house with little or no melody...

I mean, Bedrock built it's name on quality melodic trance (if you can get away with calling it that).... This looped-up drum-led rubbish gets very un-interesting after a while....

Will need to skip thru this before purchasing me thinks...
"It's a hoot when the guy in the cubicle next to you is having a dump that sounds like he's pouring a bag of melons down a well" (La Nausee)<i></i>