Re: Global Underground Paul Oakenfold

DJPLACHKO wrote:

POKENfold, is his real name.  I give credit to gu.007, but is he still a wanker! wink

For me Oakenfold, sold out years ago along with his talent as DJ... admittedly GU07 was good, but prefer GU : Ibiza/San Fran Sasha and GU: Paris - Nick Warren (especially CD1 which is downtempo/ecletic, smacks of his Back to Mine CD in 1999

Last edited by munkyn (Wednesday Oct 2010 00:29:40)

Nice mixing done by him.It's one of my favorites now.

i have never heard of his GU mix but i saw him in ibiza in sept and he was truly amazing, had never really rated him that much as he had never been very good whenever i saw him. but he rocked totally at cream.

s i may have to give him mix a listen

lavivi wrote:

i have never heard of his GU mix but i saw him in ibiza in sept and he was truly amazing, had never really rated him that much as he had never been very good whenever i saw him. but he rocked totally at cream.

s i may have to give him mix a listen

The Oakenfol;d that is now is a shadow of his former self. If you only saw him in September or really anytime over the last 5 or so years he's not very good anymore! His peak was between 1997 and 2001 That was Oakey's time. The guy is a living legend and his contribution to the development of dance culture the world ovef is unquestionable but I wouldn't go and see Oakey now. but his New York and Oslo GU mixes are pretty remarkabble. So give them a listen.