Topic: DJ Rolando

someone was raving on about DJ Rolando (from detroit) who's playing over here soon. what type of music does he play? I'm guessing that it nots going to be very proggy 
<i></i>

Re: DJ Rolando

Detroit Techno I'd hazard a guess. Think Jeff Mills, Underground Resistance that sort of malarky. 
<i></i>

Prog God

mmm, its not till October so could check it out. Its at 'Rouge' on Andrew Borde St, time to get me streetmap out i think.
<i></i>

He's part of the Underground Resistance mob... Was responsible for "Knights of the Jaguar" which came out a couple of years back (proper Detroit techno)

More info from www.undergroundresistance.com
<i></i>

SAW ROLANDO AT A CLUB CALLED VOODOO IN LIVERPOOL EARLY 2001. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING....NOT A MASSIVE FAN OF TECHNO BUT HE RIPPED IT UP. WELL WORTH SEEING!!!
<i></i>

Caps Lock off please. I've got a headache.   
<i></i>

Prog God

Born in the 1970's in southwest Detroit, he grew up in the Hispanic district heavily influenced by his cultural latin rhythms and percussion. Encouraged from an early age by his musician father, he pursued his own interest in music and became well known and respected within the community. It was later when he heard Jeff Mills as "The Wizard" that he discovered the innovative sounds of techno. Through a mutual friend he was introduced to "Mad" Mike Banks and promptly became a member of the enigmatic Underground Resistance crew. Soon his first opportunity came to cross the Atlantic and his speedy proficiency on the turntables wowed audiences worldwide earning him respect and notoriety within the industry as a whole. Jaguar although not Rolando's first release on UR turned perceptions of techno on their head, breaking into other genres of dance music and becoming a classic in the boxes of dj's such as Tenaglia, Morillo, Oakenfold and Giles Peterson. With the ensuing battle against corporate goliath's Sony - the battle was morally won by sheer determination of the small independent label and the steadfast support of fans worlwide. Now alongside partner Gerald Mitchell the launch of a new label "Los Hermanos" Rolando has entered an exciting new phase as a producer and remixer.

<i></i>

go go go - seen Rolando play at Pressure several times and he rocks.   Not savage driving techno like Jeff Mills nor abstract beats as preferred by Plastikman. Think Knights of the Jaguar and David Alvarado. If you've ever heard Samuel L Sessions 'Merengue' then you're on the right path or the Freelance Science disc from the DMC SLAM CD.
<i></i>

[img]http://www.geocities.com/snake0074/snk/duck-breakdance.gif[/img]

the name "tonic wine" does not imply health giving or medicinal properties

I heard him at fabric and he was proper good, loads of DJ tricks which is always nice to hear!
<i></i>

To air is human, to land is divine.

Download a mix right here