Re: Sasha & Zabiela B2B

The fact the MK wasn't doing anything other than playing one record after another to then seeing JZ plug in his playstation controllers resulted in a pretty swift exit by him. I know Sasha found JZ and promoted him but during this set i'm sure he was having some WTF moments

He's a bit retarded old JZ  is, he really does need to take a lot of drugs.
So i guess i'm alone in thinking the Hot Chip track is shite then?

"You would, you fat greasy chip eating cunt". Creepy March 2014

Pumper&Dumper wrote:

The fact the MK wasn't doing anything other than playing one record after another to then seeing JZ plug in his playstation controllers resulted in a pretty swift exit by him. I know Sasha found JZ and promoted him but during this set i'm sure he was having some WTF moments

Funny you say that. There was a couple of times he looked at him and was defo thinking "Jesus what the fuck is this cunt doing" embarrassed look.

I think a couple of those moments were when he picked up that small yellow pad thing and appeared to pretend to zap the crowd with it.

Prog God

I wonder if we can lure him out of his message board retirement to explain his OCD towards putting every track through a gadget blender. I know he used to post alot on GU can't remember if he's on here.

...slag off a Pioneer product, he appears like the shopkeeper in Mr Ben, as if by magic

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

What all that about Sasha messing his beat matching up? Those decks  do it for you. I noticed at WHP he did it a few times.

I must admit, that new Pioneer Remix thing looks impressive. Not that I'd know how to use the thing.

Prog God

Dermo wrote:

What all that about Sasha messing his beat matching up? Those decks  do it for you. I noticed at WHP he did it a few times.

...fuck knows how, it's ridiculously easy to mix on them when you use them properly

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Dan Harwood wrote:

I must admit, that new Pioneer Remix thing looks impressive. Not that I'd know how to use the thing.

...does indeed look great Dan, but there are so many FX on their mixers now, I just don't see the point tbh

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I guess that they are taking it away from the mixer based effects itself for optimum effect?

Prog God

...well I know JZ likes to combine the mixer FX with external FX but really, who else ever even tries stuff like this?

The quantised mixer FX work excellently now and are more than most will ever need... that thing just seems so niche, and at £600 it aint cheap either

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

smallman1 wrote:

Not enough power prog gets played in the sunshine for me.

You raaang m'lud

A mix and some of my old productions here: http://www.soundcloud.com/mikemillerdj

...Maceo 'oooh-ahhhh-sexxxy-baaaby' Plex doesn't count as power prog sweetcheeks

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Damo, you're not entirely impressed with Eric Estornel now are you?

Prog God

...I'm taking the piss, he's a fucking excellent producer Dan

Me and Mike were discussing the brilliance of that Colourblind remix/cover thing from his Emix last night, wish I had a copy.

Under the Sheets is still a fucking shocker though

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:
Dermo wrote:

...fuck knows how, it's ridiculously easy to mix on them when you use them properly

he has a mare at 32mins

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Mar 2012 04:51:17)

Deep down Damien actually loves the sexed up love laced chef from southpark vocals on the plex's slutty house cutz

A mix and some of my old productions here: http://www.soundcloud.com/mikemillerdj

Dan Harwood wrote:
Pumper&Dumper wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Marc Kinchen? Was it? If so he's a legend mate. Burning etc prob most famed for Push The Feeling On (The Dub Of Doom).
If its him anyway he's been going since time began.
I met him in Ibiza too! KLANG!

Yep that was him. Go have a listen to the end of his set on be@. Its woefull. He did finish with Push the Feeling on actually. That should have given it away to me probably

Didn't JZ woefully disregard MK in much the same way described by Glen earlier in this thread by stopping MK's last record mid way through so he could start faffing around with his iPod like he was playing Guitar Hero and completely changing the direction of the event?

If you seriously can not can not tell the immense difference in the way Zabiela did it and the way CVS then I dont know what to tell you.

mikemiller wrote:

Deep down Damien actually loves the sexed up love laced chef from southpark vocals on the plex's slutty house cutz

...imagine this bloke, over Maceo's sexxxy house beatz

http://www.tcmag.com/magazine/the_defin … douchebag/

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Glen wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:
Pumper&Dumper wrote:

Yep that was him. Go have a listen to the end of his set on be@. Its woefull. He did finish with Push the Feeling on actually. That should have given it away to me probably

Didn't JZ woefully disregard MK in much the same way described by Glen earlier in this thread by stopping MK's last record mid way through so he could start faffing around with his iPod like he was playing Guitar Hero and completely changing the direction of the event?

If you seriously can not can not tell the immense difference in the way Zabiela did it and the way CVS then I dont know what to tell you.

No, I can not can not.

Prog God

How has this shit got to nearly five pages? Comer will be on here more often now, hang your heads in shame.

Pumper&Dumper wrote:

I know Sasha found JZ

Technically, he didn't find JZ - the Bedroom Bedlam "win" was what started it all off, Sasha got him signed to the Excession agency.

Pumper&Dumper wrote:

The bloke before s&z was terrible, someone called MK.

On the MK, subject - well funny reading "someone called MK". Proper Legendary producer, although I have to agree - his DJ sets have always left a bit to be desired. But we all know that nowadays it's probably more important to be a producer as if you can produce and sell tracks (which MK has always done!) then you're more valuable to the promoter than a talented DJ. Shame really. MK's one saving DJing grace is he gets to play his own tunes, which to be fair are pretty fucking good.

PS: Sorry Pumps, not a dig at you of course smile

Last edited by wez saunders (Friday Mar 2012 05:56:32)

Wez Saunders
(e) wesley.a.saunders@gmail.com

fatman wrote:

kinda reminds me of JZ behind the decks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2MF9xz1 … re=related

That was awesome. I like seeing DJ's on TV. He DG would be super on Titchmarsh. A little bit of knob twiddling and scratching...just like me at home on my belt driven record players.

wez saunders wrote:
Pumper&Dumper wrote:

I know Sasha found JZ

Technically, he didn't find JZ - the Bedroom Bedlam "win" was what started it all off, Sasha got him signed to the Excession agency.

I came second in that with my mix of Alex party and Pizzaman mash up sad